Just Heard This from Virgin

Gretchendz

If you have been thinking of booking a Virgin Voyage of 7 nights or longer, you may want to do it now.  
Travel Advisors have been told that this is your last chance to save $600 on free drinks.On September 29th, Virgin's free Bar Tab offer will be lowered from $600 to $500 on 7+ night sailings. 
If you want the $600 on any 2024 voyage of seven days or longer, you can do so book by Sept. 28.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, musiconthesea said:

I did this yesterday plus they honored my status on Royal and gave us another $100 and I booked through my travel agent and they gave us $150 OBC. With everything included, the price seems very reasonable on the 3/23/24 repo from San Juan to Miami

What cabin type did you book? Sea terrace? 

4 hours ago, musiconthesea said:

Yes, Sea Terrace but not the obstructed view or XL just the regular one.

Sorry for extra post, but you can cancel within 7 days. Hopefully the price hasn’t gone up since yesterday, but you should really rebook. It’s $850 usd difference when you factor in sailor loot. You can ask on Reddit or some of the more popular TA run fb groups for a TA with MNVV. 

I got this for the 9-nt Barcelona-Athens next October, $700 in drinks with loyalty matching, plus a daily coffee card. I'm going solo, so it will be quite the challenge to get through $700, especially with 5 interesting ports. Looking at the drinks menu on Prof. Cruises's site, though, I see there are lots of lighter-alcohol options, like spritzes, sangrias, and smoothies, so hopefully I can avoid waking up hungover on The Net, wondering how I got that tattoo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/29/2023 at 8:48 PM, brilliantseas said:

The October 2023 offer has been released and still offers $600 in free bar tab credit for 7+ night cruises in all regions and on all sailings through December 2024. 

Yes, but the cruise prices went up, at least for the 7-night Caribbean sailing that I booked for February. Fortunately, I booked it the night before the prices went up, found an agent on social media who had a MNVV.

On 9/27/2023 at 1:21 PM, musiconthesea said:

I did this yesterday plus they honored my status on Royal and gave us another $100 and I booked through my travel agent and they gave us $150 OBC. With everything included, the price seems very reasonable on the 3/23/24 repo from San Juan to Miami

I agree with you 100%. I just booked this cruise, the repo price is awesome, and I got the $600 + $100 for status match plus $100 from TA. 

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

Yes, but the cruise prices went up, at least for the 7-night Caribbean sailing that I booked for February. Fortunately, I booked it the night before the prices went up, found an agent on social media who had a MNVV.

Did you have to buy the MNVV or did they just apply it for booking with them?

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

The TA sold it to me, I had to pay her $300 via PayPal.

But then you immediately get the $300 back because it is applied toward your downpayment.  So you are not out anything--you are paying the TA exactly what she paid to buy the MNVV, and getting all the benefits from it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

But then you immediately get the $300 back because it is applied toward your downpayment.  So you are not out anything--you are paying the TA exactly what she paid to buy the MNVV, and getting all the benefits from it.

Yup. Best way to do it.

Or find a TA that will sell it to you for less.

15 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Yes, although I did not get my credit card rebate for that $300. But worth losing $15 to make $600.

1 hour ago, -The-True-North- said:

Correct. Rather then additional loot, they will cut the actual cost of the trip.

I got an extra $100 for a SeaTerrace cabin, which seems to be pretty standard. Except for the TA's who gave me the "we do not compete with other agents, my expertise is what sets me apart" BS line. My usual TA was actually offering me 5% back, but they weren't going to have the MNVV to sell me, which was a game changer (although sadly I can't use it for excursions ahead of time, which was what I planned to use it for).

Edited by MisterBill99

58 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I got an extra $100 for a SeaTerrace cabin, which seems to be pretty standard. Except for the TA's who gave me the "we do not compete with other agents, my expertise is what sets me apart" BS line. My usual TA was actually offering me 5% back, but they weren't going to have the MNVV to sell me, which was a game changer (although sadly I can't use it for excursions ahead of time, which was what I planned to use it for).

Yea, the really the biggest annoyance.

Have to wait till you get on the ship to book and hope things don't sell out.