Same boring itineraries for 2025

Hoveto

there are obviously many different kind of cruisers.....

We also dislike the fly cruises, the only reason we booked far in time for our next was that we could not get anything south-SOUTH before December 2024 Queen Vic.

I think I did mention when I first landed here that for us the cruise is the sea days....we are with @Victoria2 , the experience is the ship, being at sea....the ports may be a good point of reference to later do a few days land holiday... we looked at Marella at some point, some friends said the prices were convenient, but when we discovered they had everyday ports..... most definitely not for us!  Having said that, I do understand you guys wanting different itineraries....

Maybe they will get a bit more creative after they recover from the pandemic loses? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

there are obviously many different kind of cruisers.....of course there are

We also dislike the fly cruises, the only reason we booked far in time for our next was that we could not get anything south-SOUTH before December 2024 Queen Vic.

I think I did mention when I first landed here that for us the cruise is the sea days....we are with @Victoria2 , the experience is the ship, being at sea....the ports may be a good point of reference to later do a few days land holiday... we looked at Marella at some point, some friends said the prices were convenient, but when we discovered they had everyday ports..... most definitely not for us!  Having said that, I do understand you guys wanting different itineraries....

Maybe they will get a bit more creative after they recover from the pandemic loses? 

There is no right or wrong to a cruise holiday. The trick is to find the holiday which suits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"That looks like the RMS St. Helena beside the QE2.  I regret not taking a line voyage on that ship when it was possible to do Southampton - Cape Town or vv."

Indeed.... and you really should have done the original (and one and only) RMS ST HELENA (I).  We had a Canadian who did a roundtrip every winter.  We even named the sheepdog puppy we took to Tristan da Cunha "Herbie" after him. 

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I’m sure many world cruises are indeed once in a life time. But Cunard do have an awful lot of repeat passengers, so it would be nice if on shorter cruises they could come up with a few new ports. QE has just been in Naples, but how often does that appear on a cruise starting at Southampton, for instance?

You’re certainly correct about repeat passengers, just announced at the WC party someone on board with 2734 days on board😳 That’s 7.5 years!!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MCC retired said:

US wants more sailings from the US . UK wants more from the UK .

Some want long itineraries , some shorter .

Cunard only has 4 ships to satisfy all .

For those needing new itineraries , there are other cruise lines .

Hmm.  Those new departures must be leaving from somewhere!

5 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Maybe they will do something different with QE.

Perhaps the reason this ship’s itineraries were not announced is that they are working on new routes.

Unlikely, but maybe……

I hope the QE will remain on the Alaska route. With the itineraries being set for the other three ships, if it isn't the QE then there won't be an Alaska season for Cunard. The QE is not far from Vancouver on the furthest published cruises for 2025.  

• Like 2

I scrolled through the whole list and that 14-day Norway, Iceland, TA is the only one that gets my attention. 

I wonder when QE's itineraries will be added to the list? The new cruises go on sale in 2 weeks. 

Also, I see only a reference to "our lowest fare," which is a guarantee cabin. And, of course, it's too early to see anything more specific than that. Does Cunard offer early-booking specials? My existing bookings were made so long ago, I don't remember. 

My agent was able to give her prices for the grade we want, along with how much OBC, and the number of cabins of that grade that Cunard were stating would be available.

Those prices were based on specific cabins from a list I gave her.

Perhaps ask agents for some quotes. Doesn't stop you booking direct when on sale.

Edited by D&N
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, D&N said:

My agent was able to give her prices for the grade we want, along with how much OBC, and the number of cabins of that grade that Cunard were stating would be available.

Those prices were based on specific cabins from a list I gave her.

Perhaps ask agents for some quotes. Doesn't stop you booking direct when on sale.

Good to know agents have access to that information. I have an excellent agent, so I'll look at deck plans and see what she can find out. 

On 9/20/2023 at 2:09 PM, WantedOnVoyage said:

...  And a big yes to Halifax added, too.... a short call adds little time or distance.  

For the few years that Halifax was included on two crossings, it was an eight-night trip to or from New York with the Southampton-Halifax portion taking six nights.

My late travel agent said he would discourage clients from booking the QM2 for an embarkation in Halifax for an e/b crossing. If there was an urgent situation - or horrendous weather - the call could be cancelled and the passengers would be out of luck. The w/b crossing is less risky. If the call had to be cancelled passengers would be taken on to New York.

In addition to the one crossing when we disembarked in Halifax, we have taken three Québec-NY voyages that called there. Also, I have seen the QM2 in Halifax several times. I have not known there to be a cancellation.

I have never had Halifax cancelled, and I have been there maybe 10 times.  Sydney OTOH, I'm running about 50% success rate.

I like Halifax as an addition to a TA. But for some people, it's a problem because it lengthens the trip beyond a week, which can be an issue for scheduling time off for work.

The same tired Caribbean ports, over and over.  Martinique?  Guadeloupe?  Grenada (one call upcoming, but not from the US)?  Anyone know when any of these were last visited?  I understand that Cunard may wish to limit the number of tender ports, but we get St. Lucia😞 every single time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 57eric said:

The same tired Caribbean ports, over and over.  Martinique?  Guadeloupe?  Grenada (one call upcoming, but not from the US)?  Anyone know when any of these were last visited?  I understand that Cunard may wish to limit the number of tender ports, but we get St. Lucia😞 every single time.

I know! Same ports every year. I guess they stick with places and port agents and tour vendors that they know. Too lazy to try something different. HAL is just as bad. Same options every winter.

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I know! Same ports every year. I guess they stick with places and port agents and tour vendors that they know. Too lazy to try something different. HAL is just as bad. Same options every winter.

Grenada January 22 QM2

3 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I am going to Tangier 2024 on QV That’s a new port. Not everyone has already visited every port. I like revisiting places I know. On my last cruise over 2/3 of the guests were first timers on Cunard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

I am going to Tangier 2024 on QV That’s a new port. Not everyone has already visited every port. I like revisiting places I know. On my last cruise over 2/3 of the guests were first timers on Cunard. 

Yes, that was a surprise, though I’m sure Cunard have visited it many times in the distant past. Wasn’t there once a thread about this? Bluemarble will know. I was very tempted by this, except for it being so late in the year that the evening swill be dark. I think there is a similar cruise in 2005.