Quest Dry Dock

Belfastman

10 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Was told that at two different ask the Captain gatherings. Also by a marketing exec. who was on a webinar with our TA and several Atlas bar bartenders. It’s been very successful on Onward and a money maker. The libraries are beautiful but we’re under utilized per management.

Obviously this could change but that’s what I have heard on several occasions. Will see.

Similar reason they didn't add the Sunset Bar to Pursuit or Onward. Or indeed take them out of Journey and Quest. Too expensive on ships that are nearing 25 years old. They'd have to sell a lot of drinks to recoup the cost!  I'm not sure Captains or a marketing executive are that reliable a source, but yes, we will see. 

Phil 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Similar reason they didn't add the Sunset Bar to Pursuit or Onward. Or indeed take them out of Journey and Quest. Too expensive on ships that are nearing 25 years old. They'd have to sell a lot of drinks to recoup the cost!  I'm not sure Captains or a marketing executive are that reliable a source, but yes, we will see. 

Phil 

And certainly do not rely on bar staff - they know nothing!

I have had conversations with Hotel Managers (probably better connected in terms of onboard bar development than captains ) who have said the adverse impact of losing a venue space has been significant and is an additional problem that is now recognised and so the change is not a priority or a certainty. So it all depends who you ask. 

But you are absolutely right we have to wait now until 2025 or beyond to see. By that time Atlas Bar and fancy drinks will be a five year old concept. Who knows if it will still be on trend - maybe by then a water bar…or bubble tea…..or a quiet reading room will be on trend 

• Like 2

Admittedly selfishly, we are happy that they have delayed the Quest dry dock since we will be sailing on Quest 27 days before that now axed dry dock on April 1.  Knowing that many times work will begin on the sailing(s) previous, especially when one is a crossing.  Had that situation twice in the past, and many contractors, venues closed occasionally, etc. can have a detriment on a sailing. 

• Like 1

On recent b2b the library was much in use for private functions on Journey. Perry Golf and other functions were held there. Best of the Best was held there.  The Den was never so full that you couldn't find a seat. Adding an Atlas bar would reduce the number of customers in each of the other bars. Would extra staff be needed? Where would private functions be allocated? Would it really be profitable to create an Atlas Bar and lose a space which is used ?

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know when the next Quest dry dock is?

We are considering a July cruise, but I remember reading on one of the many threads that the Quest had postponed its dry dock, and it is now supposed to be in July?

Their website shows uninterrupted sailings in July, and they are apparently selling cabins for all those cruises.   Should I be concerned if I book one of those cruises, as it may be canceled later on?

Thanks!

The Quest will be in dry dock the end of July when it was scheduled to do a Norway Extensive cruise. I was originally booked on this cruise and it was cancelled in November.

21 minutes ago, candkd said:

The Quest will be in dry dock the end of July when it was scheduled to do a Norway Extensive cruise. I was originally booked on this cruise and it was cancelled in November.

Thanks for the response!  I may be taking one of the last pre-dry-dock trips then.  Maybe I'lll end up drifting around the ocean for days and come back with a lot of FCC!!!  (just kidding, that's not a scenario I want).