Lunch in Miami

JayhawkCruiser23

We are taking our first Virgin Voyages cruise and our first cruise out of Miami. Our flight gets in at 10am, but with Virgins later boarding times, we will have a couple hours to kill. Thought is to take an Uber to somewhere where we can walk around, explore and grab some local eats for lunch. What is the best area or neighborhood to visit? 

And, yes I already know the risks for flying in day of. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Versailles Restaurant at 3555 SW 8th St in the Little Havana section of Miami is an institution. It's Cuban food at its finest. Head there directly from the airport because lunch service begins at 11am. Just ask for a table somewhere along a wall so you can keep your luggage nearby. Head to the port afterwards.

23 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Garcia's on the Miami River has great seafood and isn't too far from the Port Of Miami. I also like Perricones Italian in Brickell. It has great home made Italian food and also isn't too far from the Port Of Miami.

Have you been to Perricones since it relocated?  

There are some great locally owned restaurants not far from the port.  Brickell would be a great area to walk around and Brickell City Centre fits the bill even if it's raining. 

In Brickell, River Oyster is a great one and right next to Brickell City Centre. Toscana Divino is also great in Mary Brickell Village and has outside seating.   There are also plenty of choices right in BCC as well. 

Chi.Cve 105 in downtown is amazing. If you are into Gordon Ramsey, a New Hell's Kitchen has opened up near the port, though I have not personally eaten here so can't give a personal recommendation. 

19 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

The Versailles Restaurant at 3555 SW 8th St in the Little Havana section of Miami is an institution. It's Cuban food at its finest. Head there directly from the airport because lunch service begins at 11am. Just ask for a table somewhere along a wall so you can keep your luggage nearby. Head to the port afterwards.

A good call.  I second this.

• Like 1