Late Night Snack

MMfan14

5 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @MMfan14🙂

Late Night Snacks/Midnight Buffet on Celebration was from 11:30pm to 1am, in Guy's Pig & Anchor.

img-5534.jpg

img-5532-scaled.jpg

img-5531-scaled.jpg

img-5530-scaled.jpg

🍹

Interesting, on the Panorama, it was called the Midnight Buffet and had the exact same items. Times were from Midnight to 1:30. 

The pizza was horrible, but the hot dogs and chicken tenders were amazing when you're drunk. 😋

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sailor75 said:

I didn't think it was worth the wait, meatball sub was dry and pizza was terrible, chicken nuggets were okay, but I wish they had barbecue sauce. After trying the late night snacks, I preferred the deli; but, I go to bed by 11.

I don't think the purpose of the late night snacks is to encourage people to stay up and enjoy it. It's just a little something for the people who happen to be up that late. 

Give Carnival a little credit for responding to the requests for more late night food. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Do you mean the delivery method? Does the Celebration still have a Pizza Pirate to go to in person?

On the Celebration late at night a man was on duty to hand out cheese and pepperoni.  Therefore, you only had to wait for special orders. There was no wait for cheese and pepperoni 

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

I don't think the purpose of the late night snacks is to encourage people to stay up and enjoy it. It's just a little something for the people who happen to be up that late. 

Give Carnival a little credit for responding to the requests for more late night food. 

I'm saying I wouldn't wait for it, because I go to bed early, but if I happened to be up its better than waiting for the pizza. I wanted to try it since it's new, but it was disappointing and that's my opinion. The OP's question was is it a hit or miss, not let's all praise Carnival for bringing something back they got rid of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sailor75 said:

I didn't think it was worth the wait, meatball sub was dry and pizza was terrible, chicken nuggets were okay, but I wish they had barbecue sauce. After trying the late night snacks, I preferred the deli; but, I go to bed by 11.

The meatball sandwich was dry, but they had marinara sauce on the side which made the sandwich fantastic. They also had chili on the side for chili hot dogs.

The pizza was horrific and wasn't even close to the fresh pizza at the back of the boat.

• Like 2

Just off the Radiance last Friday and we visited the late night snack one evening.  We both had the chicken noodle soup and vote "YES".  It was tasty.  For me, maybe a bit more salt but I enjoyed it as it was.  There were plenty of folks in line and the whole seating area was pretty full.  Between the late night snack buffet and the aft pizza, it was a busy place.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sailor75 said:

Did they have ketchup? I’m not a fan of honey mustard.

But why are nearly all of the choices junk food? Rotate the soup so every night it is a different one ( broccoli, tom yam , chicken, asparagus, ...) instead of more “pizza”, offer some satés,(different kinds every night), maybe some vegetable quiches, ...the current menu is what we say in Belgium “designed for drunks “, make it designed to get a better sleep and not get a  quicker heart attack.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Despegue said:

But why are nearly all of the choices junk food? Rotate the soup so every night it is a different one ( broccoli, tom yam , chicken, asparagus, ...) instead of more “pizza”, offer some satés,(different kinds every night), maybe some vegetable quiches, ...the current menu is what we say in Belgium “designed for drunks “, make it designed to get a better sleep and not get a  quicker heart attack.

As many American households have found out, junk food is inexpensive and easy to prepare. While there are some who would love what you suggest I would think the vast majority are happy with the choice being offered. That coupled with the extra work (and expense) involved means that Carnival will maintain the status quo.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Despegue said:

I have suggested that Carnival should open a Waffle House on board for those that stay up late. After midnight, that is the go to place in the U.S.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Despegue said:

Most Carnival cruisers who are still up at midnight aren't exactly the vegetable quiche crowd. I am not judging; it's just reality. I think Carnival knows their audience. 

And as far as the menu being "designed for drunks"... to be fair, most of the people up at midnight have been drinking since noon, especially if it's a sea day... 

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3