I'm sure this has been asked & answered many times but...

Stockjock

Considering a suite for 2025, but GF would have to approve it.  If we do that, looking at World Owner's Suite and Club Ocean Suite.   Any major differences in the two, other than size?  Do you have a preference?

Also, it's it correct that drinks are not included in the price, but there are 4 half-bottles of alcohol delivered to the cabins?  And I believe that suites always get $300 OBC, is that right?  As you may have gathered, we've not been on Azamara previously.  TIA.

Edited by Stockjock

48 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Considering a suite for 2025, but GF would have to approve it.  If we do that, looking at World Owner's Suite and Club Ocean Suite.   Any major differences in the two, other than size?  Do you have a preference?

Also, it's it correct that drinks are not included in the price, but there are 4 half-bottles of alcohol delivered to the cabins?  And I believe that suites always get $300 OBC, is that right?  As you may have gathered, we've not been on Azamara previously.  TIA.

World Owner suites are at the back of the ship while Oceans are at the front, so that’s purely down to personal preference on location. All suites have the basic beverage package included, it used to be 4 half bottles currently it’s the choice of one 1lt bottle although you can always ask the butler for a second sometimes it’s ok. Spa, Club Ocean & Club World Owners suites receive $300 pp onboard credit.

Club World & Club Owners suites also get exclusive invitations to the Best of the Best evening meal, where you get to experience the chef’s creativity in the company of the ships senior officers.

Edited by Riocca

5 hours ago, Riocca said:

World Owner suites are at the back of the ship while Oceans are at the front, so that’s purely down to personal preference on location. All suites have the basic beverage package included, it used to be 4 half bottles currently it’s the choice of one 1lt bottle although you can always ask the butler for a second sometimes it’s ok. Spa, Club Ocean & Club World Owners suites receive $300 pp onboard credit.

Club World & Club Owners suites also get exclusive invitations to the Best of the Best evening meal, where you get to experience the chef’s creativity in the company of the ships senior officers.

Just to be clear, you have a basic beverage package included, for use outside of the cabin, and some alcohol in the cabin as well?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just to be clear, you have a basic beverage package included, for use outside of the cabin, and some alcohol in the cabin as well?

Azamara have a number of different included red & white wines along with a rose and a sparkling wine. There is also included beer and branded spirits (Gordon’s & Beefeater Gin, Famous Grouse whisky, Finlandia & Smirnoff Vodka & more) & cocktails that can be made with these included spirits. These are available in various bars and in all dining venues throughout the day & evening. If you are in a suite you get some included alcohol in your cabin.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just a little on the design and layout of CW vs CO. Aside from the location as others have mentioned, the main difference in the cabin is that it's slightly smaller, both the living area and the bedroom (bathroom is identical).  The bedroom patio door to the veranda in the CO doesn't open whereas it does in the CW. There's an additional big round side window in the CO bedroom. Also there is an adjoining door on the deck 6 COs to the oceanview cabin next door. And that changes the set up of the room slightly re the bed set up. 

The verandas in the COs are quite a bit smaller than the CWs and as aliaschief says they can be breezy when under sail depending upon speed and wind direction. If it's bumpy.you'll notice a lot more movement at the front of the ship and noise when the anchor is dropped and raised. 

Having said all that I have enjoyed the COs and it can be fun watching the goings on as you come into port. The COs are priced less than the CWs. I'd take a CW over a CO, but either are nice spaces. I wouldn't take a CO on a transatlantic for example. If it's rocky it can be brutal. Both the movement and the sound of the waves crashing on the hull. I love the aft view of the CWs and am fine with the vibration there (only noticeable when the ship is moving faster with three engines are used and this might never happen on your itinerary, depending upon what it is). 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3