Info on Celebration Key

VolzCruiser

Looks like bookings for Celebration Key opened this morning for sailings in 2025 and beyond. There are some interesting itineraries with everything from 3 day cruises up to 14 day cruises on almost every east coast and gulf coast based ships will be stopping there. 

Screenshot_20230928_090614_Gmail.jpg

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

Just now, havanadaydreaming said:

i sure hope celebration key is a big success.  

Freeport is at the absolute bottom of ports that i'd want to return and visit.  2nd to last isnt close, a wide gap.  

If you get away from the port there are several awesome hotels and resorts that you can purchase all inclusive day passes at. We always go to Lighthouse Point at Grand Lucayan. Everytime we have gone, we have pretty much had the place to ourselves with a few hotel guests. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jsglow said:

This will become the 'go to' private 'island' for all Carnival ships. Today's first announcement is just the beginning. 

It is definitely going to be Carnival's version of Royal's Coco Cay, and just like Coco Cay, it looks like almost all roads will lead to Celebration Key.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

i sure hope celebration key is a big success.  

Freeport is at the absolute bottom of ports that i'd want to return and visit.  2nd to last isnt close, a wide gap.  

I agree with you but I went to Carnival's website and they show a whole new water park thing going on for this port.  I may have to check it out.

I absolutely LOVE this. I am not someone who wants to stay on the ship all week. A few beach days add variety to cruising, and the variety is one of the best parts of cruising. As much as I try to not complain about the ports, I can understand why Freeport isn't everyone's favorite. 

It is so nice to be able to walk off of the ship and onto a nice beach area, with shopping, restaurants, and other things to do without being forced to spend a big portion of your limited day in expensive taxis or other transportation. With the ship being there, I can walk back on if I choose to, which is especially nice in case I want to grab food or whatnot. 

I know there already will be people snubbing their noses at these "cookie cutter" experiences. While telling us how they explore the wilderness with a machete and compass. Again, I'm all for additional options. If you want to leave the port, that option is there. If want a simple day, that option is also there. 

Honestly, I could see myself doing an extra 4-5 day cruise or so because of this. This adds a lot of value to those previously bland itineraries. Simple beach days are underrated.

• Like 9

You make a great point Joe. A simple beach day, or even beach vacation, can be very nice. I enjoy 'machete/compass' as much or more than most guys and very much value the exploration value of cruising but there's something to be said about being able to 'just chill'. 

• Like 1

Any port with a pier is preferred to one involving tenders - that's for sure !

I can count on one finger how many times we've got off the ship at their private island where it was a tender port.

Having said that - we've probably been to Coco Cay 2-3 times, and haven't got off. Our cruise earlier this year on MSC to their docked private island was nice.

Tom

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I can count on one finger how many times we've got off the ship at their private island where it was a tender port.

Having said that - we've probably been to Coco Cay 2-3 times, and haven't got off. Our cruise earlier this year on MSC to their docked private island was nice.

Tom

You've missed out on some incredible places Tom.  Honesty, the tenders on HMC, PC and Cabo are a total breeze moving hundreds of folks quite quickly to and fro. Sure there's a line for the late afternoon ones returning to the ship. But it moves well. Belize is a bit of a challenge because of the distance to shore only. And try Dun Laoghaire (Dublin) Ireland sometime in lifeboat #6. TOTALLY different story.

All this is a wonderful reason why small ship cruising is the bomb. In my world, you haven't really lived until you've done a wet landing on Jost van Dyke, currency in your swim trunks, and on your way to the Soggy Dollar Bar. Paradise. 

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

All this is a wonderful reason why small ship cruising is the bomb. In my world, you haven't really lived until you've done a wet landing on Jost van Dyke, currency in your swim trunks, and on your way to the Soggy Dollar Bar. Paradise. 

Been there, down it. Bet the prices have changed, though.

IMG_0904.JPG

• Like 2

I’m super excited, looking at Nov/December 2025. Dream has stops there and HMC. Same cruise, sign me up! Need to decide which one to book. I wanted to be one of the first but I don’t want to cruise in summer and go closer to end of hurricane season. 

17 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

I get you, tenders are a pain. The amount of time the entire process takes is a real buzzkill.

With that said, there is no chance I would miss HMC because of the tender. 

7 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I get you, tenders are a pain. The amount of time the entire process takes is a real buzzkill.

With that said, there is no chance I would miss HMC because of the tender. 

I should probably have prefaced my comment with the fact that we're not really beach people! If it was a place that offered air conditioned cabanas, the chances increase. We love the cabanas at Mahogany Bay (admittedly, not a private island).

For tenders at ports we've haven't visited (not private islands), we'd more than likely deal with the hassle - for the sake of exploration and new experiences. I don't ever see us get off at Grand Cayman again - we've already swam with the stingrays, seen the turtles, and been to Hell - that about covers it, LOL.

I look forward to more info on Celebration Key 🙂

Tom

On 10/2/2023 at 7:00 AM, Joebucks said:

I absolutely LOVE this. I am not someone who wants to stay on the ship all week. A few beach days add variety to cruising, and the variety is one of the best parts of cruising. As much as I try to not complain about the ports, I can understand why Freeport isn't everyone's favorite. 

It is so nice to be able to walk off of the ship and onto a nice beach area, with shopping, restaurants, and other things to do without being forced to spend a big portion of your limited day in expensive taxis or other transportation. With the ship being there, I can walk back on if I choose to, which is especially nice in case I want to grab food or whatnot. 

I know there already will be people snubbing their noses at these "cookie cutter" experiences. While telling us how they explore the wilderness with a machete and compass. Again, I'm all for additional options. If you want to leave the port, that option is there. If want a simple day, that option is also there. 

Honestly, I could see myself doing an extra 4-5 day cruise or so because of this. This adds a lot of value to those previously bland itineraries. Simple beach days are underrated.

I agree with you. I don't have an issue with "cookie cutter" ports. Heck, lots of us live in "cookie cutter" neighborhoods where everything looks the same. And I also love the convenience of stepping off the ship and presto -- you're there.

I just hope they don't go all out "amusement park" style on the port and have crazy upcharges and additional fees for things like Royal has done with Coco Cay. I haven't ever been much of a fan of amusement parks and would much rather have something more chill and with a laid back vibe. I cruise to go to the beach and visit interesting ports, not go to Six Flags.

21 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep, save that for the top decks of the ships - lol 😉

Tom

Haha. Yeah I am two and done with Excel class. We did Mardi Gras and Celebration. Too much for us. We prefer more "traditional" style Carnival ships. But I have noticed we are also becoming crumedgeons as we get older. I am one step away from being the "hey get off my lawn" guy lol. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/28/2023 at 11:33 AM, stobe1 said:

It is definitely going to be Carnival's version of Royal's Coco Cay, and just like Coco Cay, it looks like almost all roads will lead to Celebration Key.

I agree it's going to be just like Coco Cay from RC, and almost every cruise will stop there. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's done right. Biggest gripe about Coco Cay is the up charging for the "exclusive" spots and the water park. 

The water park on average was $161 a person, which is insane to me. The beach club (private pool/lounge chairs/better lunch) was $179 a person. A private cabana on the beach was $900. I understand "it's optional and an experience, but geeez. Especially with the water park being over $600 for a family of four is just stupid. 

Side note, the food options were fairly good for "free" and the drink package is included on the island, which is a huge plus and let's you take advantage of getting your moneys worth, especially on a "port" day. Ok, rant over.

The pool/lagoon in the picture looks huge which is nice and looks spread out. As long as they don't upcharge the crap out of us for "extras", this could be a huge plus for Carnival to compete with RC. Just please have trolleys to go to/from the ship/island. LOL

On 10/2/2023 at 7:00 AM, Joebucks said:

"Machete and compass"  best quote ever!

23 hours ago, stobe1 said:

I agree with you. I don't have an issue with "cookie cutter" ports. Heck, lots of us live in "cookie cutter" neighborhoods where everything looks the same. And I also love the convenience of stepping off the ship and presto -- you're there.

I just hope they don't go all out "amusement park" style on the port and have crazy upcharges and additional fees for things like Royal has done with Coco Cay. I haven't ever been much of a fan of amusement parks and would much rather have something more chill and with a laid back vibe. I cruise to go to the beach and visit interesting ports, not go to Six Flags.

They invested hundreds of millions of dollars into a port, in time of billions in debt. There will be upcharges. These types of investments and offerings will help keep cruise lines relevant.

With that said, I don't see why everyone gets so offended by upcharges. Are we entitled to free (insert amenity) where ever we go? It's most a FOMO and obsession of "inclusivity." Not everyone has to like the same things either. In the end, I say having those amusement park options are a huge plus. Without them, the kids have no where else to go, creating a noisier experience at the other parts. 

• Like 2