What type of shows do they do in the evening on the Edge?

mattR

Just looking at the deck plans of the Edge theater doesn't look like it would accommodate the traditional Broadway style shows that are on so many cruises.  Just wondering what types of shows happen here  Didn't look like it had enough seating to be a big draw in the evenings? 

The theater is state of the art.  Celebrity doesn’t do Broadway shows but the E class ships have some excellent production shows as well as other entertainers during the cruise.  There are also shows and or entertainers in Eden and in the Club.  

3 hours ago, mattR said:

Just looking at the deck plans of the Edge theater doesn't look like it would accommodate the traditional Broadway style shows that are on so many cruises.  Just wondering what types of shows happen here  Didn't look like it had enough seating to be a big draw in the evenings? 

The shows, especially the new ones on the Beyond, are simply stunning and you are sorely mistaken that they aren't popular. 

PXL_20221027_190550197~2.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The shows, especially the new ones on the Beyond, are simply stunning and you are sorely mistaken that they aren't popular. 

PXL_20221027_190550197~2.jpg

Not trying to say they aren't popular just saying it didn't look like the theater holds as many people as the traditional style of theaters on ships does it?  Do they do a different show each night ? 

10 minutes ago, mattR said:

Not trying to say they aren't popular just saying it didn't look like the theater holds as many people as the traditional style of theaters on ships does it?  Do they do a different show each night ? 

Yes, Generally there's 2-3 production shows and headliner performers are also in the main theater. There are also shows in The Club and Eden and performances at the Grand Plaza Atrium. 

23 minutes ago, mattR said:

Cool sounds like entertainment is pretty good on the Edge then?

Just to be clear although Celebrity doesn't do actual Broadway shows like Royal or NCL their in house production shows are still shows that take familiar songs and weave a story around them. On the Edge and Apex there are The Tree of Life and Rockumentary to name two production shows. The Beyond has Arte and Stage Door, both are just amazing with the shows incorporating the hightech video screens (the photo in my response is from Arte- those 'paintings' are part of the HD video screens) and other special effects to enhance the show, but not distract from the performers themselves. Celebrity has a great catalog of Headliners who come on board and do shows all around the ship. 

Edit: Photos from the production show Rockumentary on the Apex. 

PXL_20211214_025548314.jpg

PXL_20211214_030601908.jpg

PXL_20211214_030851005.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

Just arrived back home after an 8-day Barcelona-Rome Med Cruise. 

There were two Production Shows, something called "Circles" I believe. I was op Apex last year and it looked a bit their 'Tree of Life' show. Kind of 'Cirque du Soleil'.

And there was some sort Disco/Back to Motown/Diva music show. 

There was a comedian called 'Al Ducharme' which I really like. He did two shows. 

There was a cover song singer Andrew Derbyshire who did great covers of Queen and George Michael for example.

And there was a Rock-cover singer Salvatore Hasard. 

| am a great music fan, so I prefered the music shows. The Circle-show was nice, but simply not my cup of tea. 

I was on MSC World Europa last year and on that ship there was almost no live music. That's why I really like Celebrity, they really have live music in de Martini Bar, Eden, The Theatre (and sometimes even in the Club).

I spent every night in the Theatre. There is a 0730 pm show, generally about 50-60% full, and a 0930 pm show, generally 80% full. Just one night it was 100% full.