On board credit/Carnival Credit Card

Susan in Maine

I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be!

1) I got the Carnival Credit Card, made a purchase, got the 20,000 bonus points. I cashed them in for (2) $100 on-board credits. I can't figure out how to add them to my account for my November cruise. Could someone please explain to me how to do it?

Which brings me to:

(2) How can I find out how much on-board credits I have? I know what I started with, and what I've added, but I've bought some stuff so don't know what I have left.

I'm sure this is relatively easy to do, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks so much!

How did you redeem the points?  Did you do it on the website under Onboard Gifts?  If so, then yes, agreed with dbrucern above, I believe it is done as Cruise Cash, which doesn't show with the OBC, it's on the main page of Booking and Order Details - under Activities & Services Order History.  You have to put in your booking info, so I think it is applied automatically, but sometimes it can take some time for the redemption to process.  

The only thing I see available on the Rewards page right now is Bar Cruise Cash (or photo), which has to be used at a bar, so I'd check to see, if that isn't what you wanted.

I called them with the same question and was told that the OBC would show up 15 days before the cruise.  I had to cancel out cruise so I am not sure if that is true or not.  I have a lot of rewards to redeem for our next cruise so I will be interested in knowing when they actually show up.

1 hour ago, slavigne5577 said:

How are you redeeming points? I have points but don't know how to redeem them.

I usually just use them to "Pay With Points" which is just a statement credit.  It has to be a travel related purchase though.  If the charge is over $1500, it's 1.5x redemption, so a better value.  I think also 1.5x if you save to 100k points, but not sure on that one.

Since we are on the subject:

I have items in my cart.  I would like to use credit card points to pay.  How do I do this?

On checkout, it gives me the option to use obc.

If I enter my carnival card info (I didn't try this yet...don't want to mess things up)....will it give me the option to use points?

Or, if not....how is it done?

6 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Since we are on the subject:

I have items in my cart.  I would like to use credit card points to pay.  How do I do this?

On checkout, it gives me the option to use obc.

If I enter my carnival card info (I didn't try this yet...don't want to mess things up)....will it give me the option to use points?

Or, if not....how is it done?

No, it won't give you the option to use points themselves.  They have to be redeemed first.  As mentioned, I only see the option currently to purchase Cruise Cash Bar or Cruise Cash Photo, so I don't think there is a way to  do what you are hoping to do.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 1:59 AM, Susan in Maine said:

I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be!

1) I got the Carnival Credit Card, made a purchase, got the 20,000 bonus points. I cashed them in for (2) $100 on-board credits. I can't figure out how to add them to my account for my November cruise. Could someone please explain to me how to do it?

Which brings me to:

(2) How can I find out how much on-board credits I have? I know what I started with, and what I've added, but I've bought some stuff so don't know what I have left.

I'm sure this is relatively easy to do, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks so much!

Can you explain how much and from whom you have to charge in order to get the 20,000 points.  Is there a minimum?  Does it have to be Carnival related?  I looked at the T&C but wasn't clear to me.

My Carnival credit card is issued by Barclay. I go to the Barclay credit card site and apply the points to my credit card statement and receive a credit to my outstanding credit card balance. It will show on the statement when the credit card cycle ends and drops as statement.

• Like 1