Yacht Club - Where are your favorite MSC personnel?

Best Cat Mom

43 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Thank you. The previous YC director was not on his game. But I think he was at the end of his contract 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

She talked to everyone on embarkation day in the lounge.  The rest of the cruise we saw her constantly out talking to people 

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2024 at 4:44 PM, oceans.calling said:

Heard today George and Rudy left but Arthur is on with Aron the sommelier. 

We will be on in May. Can you tell us more about Arthur and Aron. (We adored Rudolph last July.)

And you mentioned Chef Lisa too. Details would be great. thanks.

19 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

We will be on in May. Can you tell us more about Arthur and Aron. (We adored Rudolph last July.)

Any other current Meraviglia info (how long is Arthur there?) would be great. I heard there is a female YC director who just started! 

4 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Arthur said he’s there until September. He is such a fun character who likes interacting with the guests.  Loved Rudy but also heard that he might be back when we get on in two weeks.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. Will post if he’s there. 

I haven’t met Chef Lisa yet but someone said she’s definitely on. Didn’t meet Aron personally because our waiters know what we like to drink. 

4 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Any other current Meraviglia info (how long is Arthur there?) would be great. I heard there is a female YC director who just started! 

Yes, Hugh left and the new YC Director name is Maria. I was told she is on her 2nd contract with MSC. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, oceans.calling said:

Arthur said he’s there until September. He is such a fun character who likes interacting with the guests.  Loved Rudy but also heard that he might be back when we get on in two weeks.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. Will post if he’s there. 

I haven’t met Chef Lisa yet but someone said she’s definitely on. Didn’t meet Aron personally because our waiters know what we like to drink. 

Yes, Hugh left and the new YC Director name is Maria. I was told she is on her 2nd contract with MSC. 

Wonderful. Thank you very much!!!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 12:33 AM, Pumpkincat said:

Giuseppe Terminiello is the best. He was YC director on Meraviglia when we were on in September '23.  I'm so excited to think he may be on Divina. We sail 3/24 - 4/7/24 on Divina.

When onboard can you provide YC director, M'aitre D, and Sommelier names. thanks.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

When onboard can you provide YC director, M'aitre D, and Sommelier names. thanks.

Divina does not have a Sommelier in the YC restaurant, but I would suggest you ask to be seated in Glenn's section and he will take good care of you along with his assistant, Susmeta...

IMG_2374.jpg.0d62dae5dc352b7f0705161ed96aef05.jpg

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 2:39 PM, oceans.calling said:

We had Maria as the YC director on the Seaside in October.  She was great with the guests.  She was always around.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Giorgio Vietello was a fab YC D on Merv in both 2020 and in 2022, yet I think he's on another MSC ship, not certain

Pepe is YC Dir on Divinia, is  excellent

Simone in concierge on Divinia is excellent as was another lovely lady whose name escapes me at the moment

Rudy (I think I have name right)--the man who is Head Butler on Divinia is excellent. 

Melania, YC Dir on Seashore is excellent.

The Maitre D and Asst Maitre D on Seashore are both excellent. 

All of the above are personable, visible, approachable and BUSY. They are attentive to their YC guests.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 5:13 AM, Mark_T said:

Divina does not have a Sommelier in the YC restaurant, but I would suggest you ask to be seated in Glenn's section and he will take good care of you along with his assistant, Susmeta...

IMG_2374.jpg.0d62dae5dc352b7f0705161ed96aef05.jpg

Didn't see any of that wine in Divinia Le Muse March 3-10.

Couldn't get a dry rose 😞

12 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Didn't see any of that wine in Divinia Le Muse March 3-10.

Couldn't get a dry rose 😞

We had some OBC to burn so we did order a few bottles from the wine list and they did have pretty much everything we ordered, I think that particular bottle was our 2nd choice on that day.

The included wines were actually decent as well, only miss was one of the two Pinot Grigio offerings, it was too sweet, I don't recall the name, but the Germain Pinot Grigio was the better choice.

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

We had some OBC to burn so we did order a few bottles from the wine list and they did have pretty much everything we ordered, I think that particular bottle was our 2nd choice on that day.

The included wines were actually decent as well, only miss was one of the two Pinot Grigio offerings, it was too sweet, I don't recall the name, but the Germain Pinot Grigio was the better choice.

DH was happy enough with the Oberon. 

I primarily drink whites and found what was on offer: not chilled, and some too sweet. 

They had only a sweet rose-- which I don't drink. 

Two other parties were able to get a dry minerally rose in Le Muse and when I politely asked for that as a choice, I was told they didn't have any.

I know that wasn't true and it came from somewhere on the ship (maybe Butchers Cut) Know that those two parties dealt with Pepe on it.

DH was going to go to Butchers cut to get me a glass of wine. and Pepe was so busy I just wasn't going to add to the burdeon. 

We never saw a wine list- and were never offered the opportunity to buy off another list. Certainly would have done that.

This was our 8th YC sailing and we felt Le Muse was by far the poorest experience

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

This was our 8th YC sailing and we felt Le Muse was by far the poorest experience

In the spirit of keeping this thread on track, I'd just say that not all the waiting teams were of the same calibre from what we observed and experienced, but our favorites by far were Glenn/Susmita with occasional roving assistance from Ryan, who although not part of our team was always engaging and helpful.

The wine list is always available on request, but due to the location of Le Muse, I suspect they do not generally offer it during service as it can take some time to retrieve specific bottles. I always made requests at breakfast which gave them plenty of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

The wine list is always available on request, but due to the location of Le Muse, I suspect they do not generally offer it during service as it can take some time to retrieve specific bottles. I always made requests at breakfast which gave them plenty of time.

Then one would think that Mehmet would offer it when he gets a request for something other than the old standbys. 

The in keeping with the theme of the thread- best somm we had was Bogdon on Merav...

He wine paired our meals every night (we had that ultra prem package which no longer exists)

And he would be sure to bring up bottles to be waiting for us, and would open things accordingly.

Told us that he would then share with staff after service to teach them more about wines wich we thought was fantastic.

After our B2B he printed out the full list of what we had been served which was so helpful.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Antonio is still Le Muse chef on Divina? We knew that Mehmet, Warsha, Glenn, Ryan and Susmita expected to still be on board for our cruise next week, but weren't sure about the chef.

On 2/3/2024 at 1:31 PM, dexddd said:

We had Arthur's as waiter on Divinia back in 2016.

He was Maitre D on Divinia late 2021.  Also had the fabulous Kulnal as waiter.  What an outstanding combo.

Don't recall if we ever saw him on one our Seaside sailings but never on Mera.

I was also on the Divina in late 2021.  I also thought Arthur and Kulnal was an outstanding combo!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 6:51 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

Does anyone know if Antonio is still Le Muse chef on Divina? We knew that Mehmet, Warsha, Glenn, Ryan and Susmita expected to still be on board for our cruise next week, but weren't sure about the chef.

How did your sailing go?

We had Ryan and Susmita in Le Muse as well a few sailings before yours

Just now, Fogfog said:

How did your sailing go?

We had Ryan and Susmita in Le Muse as well a few sailings before yours

It is going great! 🙂

Antonio is still chef in Le Muse. We have Glenn and Ryan for our server team and Dwi and Richard for our butler team. We're on until 18 April. Today we're in Colon, Panama.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Divina YC staff:

Tiziana Piccaluga - current YC Director

Guiseppe (Pepe) Terminiello - now in Brazil

Mehmet (Le Muse maitre d') - on board, leaving 13 May

Simone (Head Concierge) - on board, leaving 10 May

Hubert (TSL bartender) - left 18 Apr, will be on Bellisima beginning 4 Aug

Susmita (Le Muse Assistant Server) - left 18 Apr

Ismael (Le Must Assistant Server) - leaving 24 Apr

Still on board as of 18 Apr:

Rudy (Head Butler)