Flight Ease Actually Worked! Now a ?

alwaysfrantic

I have been able to lower costs sometimes by rechecking my fares on Flight Ease.  But most of the time the exact same flights have gone up in price.  A less favorable departure time might help to lower costs if it still works out for your schedule.  I just checked my one way flights next summer and the fare went up so I'm staying where I'm at.

To check the pricing, sign into your booking and click on flights.  It will show you your flights and price.  If you click on change flights, then input the correct class fare you can then search.  If the prices are higher and you want to keep your original flights, then just start backing out of there.  I just continue clicking the back button until I'm back to the beginning and leave.  Your original flights are intact. 

I've never seen them up your price for previously booked flights.  You can pay ahead of time if you wish but then you're locked in.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

It was over 2000k less for one flight thru FlightEase.  I’m just worried about them escalating the price 

I expect the disclaimer to up the fare is to cover some major unforeseen circumstance ..I've never seen anyone mention it has happened and have read lots of discussion on FlightEase here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, alwaysfrantic said:

It was over 2000k less for one flight thru FlightEase.  I’m just worried about them escalating the price 

6 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I expect the disclaimer to up the fare is to cover some major unforeseen circumstance ..I've never seen anyone mention it has happened and have read lots of discussion on FlightEase here.

I think it is there should there be a fuel surcharge imposed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Do prices generally change on the flexible fare?  I know the disclaimer says they can….but I’ve not read here that they do.  

Do I cancel my backup flight? 

We have booked many expensive international flights flexible fares through flight ease and we have never had a fare change.   We have had time changes and when connections are tight, it can be concerning.  On domestic flights, we have not found significant savings, so we usually book those directly with the airline to have more control.  

Also, sometimes you are able to pick your seats on flight ease but if you fail to, you cannot pick with the airlines.   They will assign.  We try to pick our seats when booking flight ease.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Will we get anything as a receipt? No email from HAL or the airline 

I take a screen shot.  I have never gotten an email.  It will be on your invoice now so you can request an updated invoice. You can go back in to flight ease and screenshot the information.

If you have an airline membership you can add that number to your flight at flight ease the you can view the flights from the airline website or app 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alwaysfrantic said:

I got a record locator but the airline didn’t bring it up when I looked 

Usually 12 to 24 hours .  I strongly recommend getting the free membership and tracking in app.  So much easier for checkin

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I think it is there should there be a fuel surcharge imposed. 

Makes sense, but in the end I guess the OP can be assured if there is a fare increase, they were going to get stuck with that increase whether they booked FlightEase or independent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alwaysfrantic said:

Do prices generally change on the flexible fare?  I know the disclaimer says they can….but I’ve not read here that they do.  

Do I cancel my backup flight? 

Kind of!  So here is what has happened to us with Flightease.  On two ocassions, we had booked business class air (flexible) involving flights to/from Europe.  The prices of the flights we had booked never changed more than a few dollars.  However, on those two occasions, much better deals (on different airlines) showed-up on the Flexair online booking engine, and we simply cancelled the previously booked flights and immediately replaced them with the lower cost replacements.  

Bottom line is that if you care about this kind of thing, you need to check the online system on a regular basis (we generally looked once or twice a week).   No big deal to check and it might pay off.  We also periodically check other online booking engines (i,e, Orbitz, Expedia, ITA Matrix, etc) for deals that would have us book direct with the airline and cancel Flexair.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HAL's booking system can generate an air notification which is the airfare version of the booking confirmation. It has all the details of the flights and the booking numbers from FlightEase and the airlines. The FE booking number is a tie record. You need the airline confirmation numbers to see the reservations on the carrier's site.

Your PCC or TA can send you the air notification if you don't have it. If you booked on your own, the HAL service people can send it to you.

33 minutes ago, mobilemac said:

We are planning a one-way flight to Europe, followed by some DIY touring before returning on a transatlantic cruise back to the USA.  Does flightease also apply for one-way flights? or only for roundtrips?  Thanks.

Yes you can do one-way through Flight Ease.  You can also do different class of service in each direction (like business class flying from US to Europe for a better night sleep and a less expensive premium economy for return).

1 hour ago, mobilemac said:

We are planning a one-way flight to Europe, followed by some DIY touring before returning on a transatlantic cruise back to the USA.  Does flightease also apply for one-way flights? or only for roundtrips?  Thanks.

You can also travel up to  30 days before or after your cruise

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gigi1977 said:

We have booked many expensive international flights flexible fares through flight ease and we have never had a fare change.   We have had time changes and when connections are tight, it can be concerning.  On domestic flights, we have not found significant savings, so we usually book those directly with the airline to have more control.  

Also, sometimes you are able to pick your seats on flight ease but if you fail to, you cannot pick with the airlines.   They will assign.  We try to pick our seats when booking flight ease.  

I was able to pick my seats on a KLM flight on the carrier's website using my confirmation #.

• Like 2

We are flying to Amsterdam next week from Orlando, FL to Amsterdam booked through FlightEase on Iceland Air.  The Iceland Air website doesn’t allow you to find information on your flight unless it is booked directly through them.  Has anyone ever run into this situation?  I’m wondering if we will able to check in online.  Thanks.

Edited by ArizonatoFlorida
Correction

Holland America Flight Ease looks exactly like Princess EZair except:

Flight Ease: With Flexible fares, you may change your flights without change fees at any time prior to your cruise final payment date.

EZair: Cancel flexible airfare up to 45 days prior to departure with no fees.