Step aside, Royal Caribbean braggarts

22 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

I've been amused by people's stories of passengers boasting about their C&A status, suites etc., but I may have found the all-time champion:

Shortly after boarding the Ovation, a guy in the elevator behind me commented on how "tiny" the ship was. Hmm ... not how I would describe a Quantum-class ship, but ... sure, it's perceptibly smaller than Oasis-class ships, so whatever. Another lady in the elevator responded by saying that yes, it does seem smaller if you're accustomed to Oasis.  

That's when the guy said: "Oh, you think Oasis ships are big? Just wait until you try the Icon class. That's what I've been sailing lately. Oasis is nothing in comparison." 🤨

The lady either honestly didn't know that the Icon won't be sailing for a few more months, or pretended to believe him, so he continued with his tall tales. Either way, the guy got to feel superior for at least the length of the elevator ride, because I just ignored the whole exchange while saying to myself, "Oh, this is definitely going on Cruise Critic." 🤣

But in retrospect, I should have tried to befriend the guy, since he's apparently in possession of a Tardis or a time-turner! 😉

The other possibility is the guy was attempting to mess with everyone on the elevator and got off thinking no one on the elevator knows much about RCI. 

On 9/24/2023 at 4:13 PM, 2wheelin said:

I’ll bet he rides the elevators all day with his tongue in cheek. Some people are gullible. 

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Or maybe he wanted to see how long it took for his joke to be posted to CruiseCritic.

I’m with you there. But what was proven is that not many posters have a sense of humor and would rather find fault with another human. Even on the off chance he was bragging, SO WHAT!

Yes I somewhat enjoyed my week on Icon last month, the butler service was lacking since I specifically asked for my cappuccino to be served at a temperature of 204C, NOT 199 degrees. My Pomeranian, Mr. Reginald Churchill III was  not groomed to his liking and for some reason, the little bell I used to summon my butler disappeared on day 6. Mr. Bailey will be hearing from my lawyer. 

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Yes I somewhat enjoyed my week on Icon last month, the butler service was lacking since I specifically asked for my cappuccino to be served at a temperature of 204C, NOT 199 degrees. My Pomeranian, Mr. Reginald Churchill III was  not groomed to his liking and for some reason, the little bell I used to summon my butler disappeared on day 6. Mr. Bailey will be hearing from my lawyer. 

You are definitely deserving of a full refund and a free next cruise voucher.  Maybe they just didn't realize who you were.

Perhaps a pin to tide you over until your pinnacle pin arrives

image.png.f9a05838eccba9de921fa6f76355602c.png

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I’m with you there. But what was proven is that not many posters have a sense of humor and would rather find fault with another human. Even on the off chance he was bragging, SO WHAT!

If he’s going to lie about something he should at least lie about something that could possibly be true. Those lies just make someone look dumber than dumb.

• Like 4

I find this is a very common issue, where, you have a person bragging, and a person that is clueless. My last cruies, I heard a person brag how much better the food was for a suite guest and a special restaurant on the ship.  I know this is a RCCL page, but this did happen.  The ship, Celestyal Olympia, formally the Song of America, a RCCL ship built in 1982 has a reserved area for the 10 balcony suites.  Guess what, although a separate section of the main dining, the food was exactly the same.  The exact same menu.  Nothign different.  Plus, you still had access to the buffet that was also in the dining room.  Exactly the same.  I loved it. 

Moral of the story, is that some people, might actually believe what they are saying without ever knowing they are wrong. 

9 hours ago, Joseph2018Baltic said:

The exact same menu.  Nothign different.  Plus, you still had access to the buffet that was also in the dining room.  Exactly the same.  I loved it. 

Moral of the story, is that some people, might actually believe what they are saying without ever knowing they are wrong. 

Are you sure?  I mean everyone knows the air pumped into first class on a plane is the purified clean air, and the jet fumes go to the main cabin.

My dentist uses the clean equipment on me and the rusty stuff on commoners.