Which terminal at Port of Miami

debnjoe1438

1 hour ago, debnjoe1438 said:

What terminal does MSC Seascape typically use at Port of Miami?

Until the time when Terminals AA/AAA are complete, even MSC does not know which terminal they will be docking until the night before the ship arrives at the Port of Miami. It is printed on page 13: 08. MAIN STEPS FOR EMBARKATION in ones cruise documents which terminal they hope it might be. We had terminal F, when we got to POM it was Terminal C. Asked on board at Guest Relations if we would be returning to C (parked our car at Garage C) and was told they will know when the ship receives an email the night before docking.

Terminal AA/AAA – MSC Cruises (2023)

Terminal A – Royal Caribbean | The Crown of Miami

Terminal B – Norwegian Cruise Line | The Pearl of Miami

Cruise Terminal C – Disney Cruise Line | MSC

Terminals D & E – Carnival, Princess Cruises, P&O, Holland America Line

Terminal F – Carnival Cruises

Terminal G – Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises

Terminal J – small vessels and luxury cruises (Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven Seas)

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Until the time when Terminals AA/AAA are complete, even MSC does not know which terminal they will be docking until the night before the ship arrives at the Port of Miami. It is printed on page 13: 08. MAIN STEPS FOR EMBARKATION in ones cruise documents which terminal they hope it might be. We had terminal F, when we got to POM it was Terminal C. Asked on board at Guest Relations if we would be returning to C (parked our car at Garage C) and was told they will know when the ship receives an email the night before docking.

Terminal AA/AAA – MSC Cruises (2023)

Terminal A – Royal Caribbean | The Crown of Miami

Terminal B – Norwegian Cruise Line | The Pearl of Miami

Cruise Terminal C – Disney Cruise Line | MSC

Terminals D & E – Carnival, Princess Cruises, P&O, Holland America Line

Terminal F – Carnival Cruises

Terminal G – Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises

Terminal J – small vessels and luxury cruises (Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven Seas)

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Thank you, appreciate the information. I suppose I'll find out in December. Looking on Port of Miami's web site for a cruise schedule, however couldn't find one 😞 

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Is it possible to walk to the designated MSC terminal (whichever one it may be) from the local Miami Beach hotels?

Or is walking prohibited once inside the port area?

Miami Beach - especially the area along the beach - isn't exactly local to the port especially walking since you need to walk to downtown Miami and then cross back to Port Miami.

I just used google maps to find the distance and walking time from the National Hotel (where my son and daughter in law had their wedding) right on the beach -  to Port Miami is 5.6 miles and 2 hours 5 minutes crossing the Venetian Causeway (which I don't even like to drive over) into Miami and then backtracking to the port. 

Further south in Miami Beach the Savoy Hotel and Beach Club is 6.6 miles and 2 hours 28 minutes over the same route.

I can't imagine doing that in the heat and humidity (even in the dry season) and with luggage!

Yelling wasn't necessary.  I replied about Miami Beach because that is what you asked:  "is it possible to walk to the designated MSC terminal (whichever one it may be) from the local Miami Beach hotels?"

The entrance to the port is walkable over the Port Boulevard Bridge from downtown Miami (not Miami Beach). Once in the port the terminals are walkable.  The ships are lined up in a row along the north side of the island so the distance obviously depends on which terminal you are going to.  Pre-Covid on the Meraviglia we left from Terminal D if I remember correctly.  The new MSC terminal (now due to open next summer) will be at the far east end.

See:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/port-of-miami-cruise-port-parking-address-terminal-amenity-info

If you don't want to walk, you can take the free Coral Way Trolley:  https://www.miami.gov/files/assets/public/v/1/document-resources/pdf-docs/trolley-maps/coral_way_trolley_map508.pdf

image.png.c9814958dbf3452edeaec967fcffcc37.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, capriccio said:

Yelling wasn't necessary.  I replied about Miami Beach because that is what you asked:  "is it possible to walk to the designated MSC terminal (whichever one it may be) from the local Miami Beach hotels?"

The entrance to the port is walkable over the Port Boulevard Bridge from downtown Miami (not Miami Beach). Once in the port the terminals are walkable.  The ships are lined up in a row along the north side of the island so the distance obviously depends on which terminal you are going to.  Pre-Covid on the Meraviglia we left from Terminal D if I remember correctly.  The new MSC terminal (now due to open next summer) will be at the far east end.

See:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/port-of-miami-cruise-port-parking-address-terminal-amenity-info

If you don't want to walk, you can take the free Coral Way Trolley:  https://www.miami.gov/files/assets/public/v/1/document-resources/pdf-docs/trolley-maps/coral_way_trolley_map508.pdf

image.png.c9814958dbf3452edeaec967fcffcc37.png

Exactly the information I was seeking. Thank you. 

BTW - no "yelling" was involved. 5 capitalized words for clarification. I should have said Downtown Miami in the first place rather than Miami Beach. (Brain fart!)  If I were "yelling", the entire post would have been in caps. 

Edited by Bgwest

21 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Exactly the information I was seeking. Thank you. 

BTW - no "yelling" was involved. 5 capitalized words for clarification. I should have said Downtown Miami in the first place rather than Miami Beach. (Brain fart!)  If I were "yelling", the entire post would have been in caps. 

Perhaps ‘bold’, italics and/or underlined may have been a better option.  Using capitals is commonly perceived as shouting/yelling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barring a walk to the terminal from a local hotel, is there any expedited way to get there instead of the usual cab/lyft/uber, etc? That is, does the coral trolley or perhaps a local bus have an express lane that's quicker? And is there any talk about extending the light rail to the port?! 

When were there in March, we spent 30 minutes from the time we crossed over to the port to the time we actually got out of the lyft at the terminal. Maybe that's the usual or maybe it was an extra busy day. Having lived in major cities, we're used to jumping on public transit or just walking. 

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Perhaps ‘bold’, italics and/or underlined may have been a better option.  Using capitals is commonly perceived as shouting/yelling. 

How about you do you and I’ll do me.

LIMITED CAPS for emphasis is commonly perceived as perfectly acceptable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markwfpb said:

Barring a walk to the terminal from a local hotel, is there any expedited way to get there instead of the usual cab/lyft/uber, etc? That is, does the coral trolley or perhaps a local bus have an express lane that's quicker? And is there any talk about extending the light rail to the port?! 

When were there in March, we spent 30 minutes from the time we crossed over to the port to the time we actually got out of the lyft at the terminal. Maybe that's the usual or maybe it was an extra busy day. Having lived in major cities, we're used to jumping on public transit or just walking. 

I suggest posting this on the Florida Departures Board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/) if you haven't done so already where it will seen by more Miami locals and frequent cruisers out of Port Miami (I am just north of Fort Lauderdale and usually cruise out of Port Everglades).  I would just title it "Downtown Miami to Port Miami Transportation" and include your questions and your recent experience.  Good luck!

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, capriccio said:

I suggest posting this on the Florida Departures Board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/) if you haven't done so already where it will seen by more Miami locals and frequent cruisers out of Port Miami (I am just north of Fort Lauderdale and usually cruise out of Port Everglades).  I would just title it "Downtown Miami to Port Miami Transportation" and include your questions and your recent experience.  Good luck!

Great idea.  I’ve been seeking the information you posted for some time now but didn’t know where to look. 
We are at the Holiday Inn adjacent to the port so your information is perfect. 
Thank you again.