Something you don't see Every Day ...

arxcards

14 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Something you don't see every day ...

This one just popped up on Caribbean Princess' cam. The ship looks familiar.

caribbean_bridge.jpg.30325381c28e7b44c571b4f1873539b8.jpg

Thanks Geoff, ye olde Regal Princess/Pacific Dawn, now Ambience.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

Awwww. Good old Dawnie. Love the old girl!🤗

I was on last cruise of ye olde Regal Princess in Sept 2007, LA to Sydney.

she then went on to Singapore for re birth as Pacific Dawn. Yes she was a great ship. 32 years old now.

21779725982_fdc5dfcb8d_k.thumb.jpg.7f53a84594c959d0fdb11dc0c6c07129.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I was on last cruise of ye olde Regal Princess in Sept 2007, LA to Sydney.

she then went on to Singapore for re birth as Pacific Dawn. Yes she was a great ship. 32 years old now.

21779725982_fdc5dfcb8d_k.thumb.jpg.7f53a84594c959d0fdb11dc0c6c07129.jpg

This is a good read. She only escaped the breakers at Alang on a technicality, which managed to keep her intact long enough to find a cruise line that would extend her life.

The disastrous voyage of Satoshi, the world’s first cryptocurrency cruise ship | Cryptocurrencies | The Guardian

Thanks Geoff. Very interesting article. I knew some of the history of MS Satoshi and that of course Ambassador bought her (phew!) and she's now sailing as Ambience, but I wasn't aware of all the crypto nitty gritty.

Incidentally, I think she looks very classy in the purple and white livery of Ambassador.

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

Thanks Geoff. Very interesting article. I knew some of the history of MS Satoshi and that of course Ambassador bought her (phew!) and she's now sailing as Ambience, but I wasn't aware of all the crypto nitty gritty.

Incidentally, I think she looks very classy in the purple and white livery of Ambassador.

At last check, she still has some of that "special" carpet, which is not as classy as her external livery.

36 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Ambience has a very reasonably priced RTW coming up in Jan '24, lots of different sectors, with some unusual ports including Tristan Da Cuhna.

I do hope that she gets a welcome party in Sydney on 24th February. Pity she couldn't also include a call in Brisbane, as she would have attracted quite a crowd.

I am not happy about Ambassador cruise line as it was previously CMV and they have basically skipped out on all the creditors (most of which were cruisers) and wound up the company only to rebrand with the same ships and management. Luckily, we only lost our deposits but some people were lost the full fares, and were out 25k or more and didn't receive  anything back.

• Like 4

Yep, the CEO baled on CMV when the writing was on the wall, and then was the driver behind Ambassador. One of those situations where we used to have consumer protection around this sort of stuff, but it disappeared several years ago citing that there was no need for it. I have a friend in the UK that was fully compensated (refunded) for her CMV cruises. Lots of people in the same situation with Virgin Australia too - unsecured creditors.

CMV, and now Ambassador, are really just badging agents that have nothing to do with the ownership of their fleet. I believe the ownership (money) that lives behind Ambassador is very different to CMV.

I am not about to cruise on Ambassador, as it isn't really our thing. Mind you, the current itinerary in Canada bookended by Greenland & Iceland is an absolute banger.

How funny is that, I was just watching the La Lido Loca channel on youtude and Tony showed the Ambassador as he is on the Carribean Princess at the moment in Canada.

Our very first cruise was on the Dawn 11 dayer out of Sydney. You never forget your first !! Pentacost cruise and seen the land divers, they were crazy!!!

• Like 2