Youth Internet Access

Norf9

Hi All, I'm sailing on the Allure OTS soon and we have a suite booked with our two kids. I looked at the suite perks and it says that each person in the suite has free internet on board. I've never used the shipboard internet, but from what I recall you needed to sign into the app for it. I tried to make an account for the kids, but it says that you have to be over 13.  So, how do I get them internet access without an account?

I believe the app just makes it easier to go to the logon URL, but I am almost positive you can go to the url from any browser and get to the logon page. Might be logon.com, but I don't recall. I've needed to do that in the past when the app wasn't working, but not this last cruise. The Voom desk will be able to help you if no one confirms this and/or the URL before hand.

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

I don't think you can set up account until you board.   There is staff onboard that can help.

Yes...once onboard they'll be a letter in your cabin with instructions. Also a kiosk with staff there to help. As far as those in a suite  they will all use the same sign on the adult has used that sets up the account.

6 hours ago, Norf9 said:

Hi All, I'm sailing on the Allure OTS soon and we have a suite booked with our two kids. I looked at the suite perks and it says that each person in the suite has free internet on board. I've never used the shipboard internet, but from what I recall you needed to sign into the app for it. I tried to make an account for the kids, but it says that you have to be over 13.  So, how do I get them internet access without an account?

5 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

They are probably going to have to use the adults login information and share your access because you can’t bypass ages in their system. You’ll only be able to have one device on the wifi at a time with each adult access.

We just sailed with our 10YO grandson in a suite, and he had his own free Internet access account. All the system asks for is a first name and cabin number.

You will be asked to create the account the first time you connect a device to the ship’s WLAN network. You don’t need to do anything on the app.

Edited by orville99

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We just sailed with our 10YO grandson in a suite, and he had his own free Internet access account. All the system asks for is a first name and cabin number.

You will be asked to create the account the first time you connect a device to the ship’s WLAN network. You don’t need to do anything on the app.

I was just going by the information the poster stated that you needed to be 13 to have internet access so I offered a get around by using a parents. My kids are grown so I don’t keep up with those rules.