New Dining Reservation system

KirkNC

Beware that O has apparently installed a new specialty dining reservation system that has some problems.  We are currently on the Rivera, the new system went live on our turn around day in London a few days ago.  We just found out that the new system has dropped all sixteen of our future dinner reservations so when you show up, the restaurant says you don’t have a reservation.  I have copies from our O invoice showing that we do indeed have a reservation but they have disappeared.  Apparently we are not the only ones impacted.  They are working to rebook but times and sharing options booked may not be available anymore.  Quite irritating, I am always amazed how poorly companies test new IT systems.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As a data point, I just checked mine for a couple weeks from now and everything seems to be in order.  Hopefully this is a bug with Riviera's onboard system and they get it resolved quickly for your sake and everyone else.  Time will tell AND thank you for the heads up.  Did you log into your online account to check to see what it reflects? 

And in that regard, is Starlink available on Riviera yet?  My guess is no as someone would have posted by now.  FWIW, I'm on Oct 20-Nov 9 and will provide an update on its availability or lack thereof.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fam_Cruise said:

As a data point, I just checked mine for a couple weeks from now and everything seems to be in order.  Hopefully this is a bug with Riviera's onboard system and they get it resolved quickly for your sake and everyone else.  Time will tell AND thank you for the heads up.  Did you log into your online account to check to see what it reflects? 

And in that regard, is Starlink available on Riviera yet?  My guess is no as someone would have posted by now.  FWIW, I'm on Oct 20-Nov 9 and will provide an update on its availability or lack thereof.

Our account online doesn’t reflect the reservations anymore but that maybe because our reservation has already sailed.

No on Starlink.  We will still be onboard when you get on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Beware that O has apparently installed a new specialty dining reservation system that has some problems.  We are currently on the Rivera, the new system went live on our turn around day in London a few days ago.  We just found out that the new system has dropped all sixteen of our future dinner reservations so when you show up, the restaurant says you don’t have a reservation.  I have copies from our O invoice showing that we do indeed have a reservation but they have disappeared.  Apparently we are not the only ones impacted.  They are working to rebook but times and sharing options booked may not be available anymore.  Quite irritating, I am always amazed how poorly companies test new IT systems.

Not  new  several years ago on B2B  ours were lost  for the 2nd segment

The  GM  at the time  worked with us to get  new reservations

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 10:47 PM, Fam_Cruise said:

Just boarded Riviera this morning in Rome and all of our dinner reservations are in order.

Also another data point, Starlink is not yet installed on Riviera.

Did they give any indication of when it may be installed? They have previously mentioned during 2023. 

5 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Are all cabins getting 2 individual internet connections?

On Vista our 16OCT cruise, received 2 individual WIFI connections...one device online at a time for both connections so 2 people online with 1 device or 1 person on line with 2 devices..(if your partner will share their connection!)

3 minutes ago, basor said:

On Vista our 16OCT cruise, received 2 individual WIFI connections...one device online at a time for both connections so 2 people online with 1 device or 1 person on line with 2 devices..(if your partner will share their connection!)

OC, VS and OS 2 accounts with two devices logged on to each account at the same time.  FWIW, this is the same as it's always been.

5 minutes ago, Fam_Cruise said:

OC, VS and OS 2 accounts with two devices logged on to each account at the same time.  FWIW, this is the same as it's always been.

I assumed they were asking about the non suite rooms which as of 01OCT also received 2 accounts but only 1 device logged on to each account at the same time..,.

4 hours ago, basor said:

Same with our Nautica sailing last month.  We each had our own login, no more bumping each other off to check an email etc..  the only bumping was if i wanted to switch from laptop to iPad with my login.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradpole said:

Same with our Nautica sailing last month.  We each had our own login, no more bumping each other off to check an email etc..  the only bumping was if i wanted to switch from laptop to iPad with my login.  

Was this booking Simply More or still under the old booking with either Cruise Only or OLife.

Just now, seaventuregal said:

Was this booking Simply More or still under the old booking with either Cruise Only or OLife.

It doesn't matter,  on all sailings departing after  01OCT 23 every cabin had 2 WIFI logins.....irregardless if you were booked under SM or OLife.  We just sailed on Vista and this was the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, basor said:

It doesn't matter,  on all sailings departing after  01OCT 23 every cabin had 2 WIFI logins.....irregardless if you were booked under SM or OLife.  We just sailed on Vista and this was the case.

Thanks for the update.   We are booked with Cruise Only on the Vista in January so curious about the latest internet rules.

23 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Will warch for your posts happy cruising  we board on January 31

I embarked Vista yesterday for 16 night LA Miami cruise. Will also be on your Jan. 31 cruise. Can confirm that everyone gets 2 included wi fi 's  but if you want to stream. anything...even a 5 second FB video you will have to pay ten bucks a day extra per hookup. Even then the streaming is not always reliable. Much worse Starlink than what I experienced on two previous Celebrity cruise ships that have Starlink. Otherwise, the ship is gorgeous and so far things are great! Couple of immediately noticed positives compared to O class ships: Grand Dining Room is beautiful and efficient. Love the design of multiple chandeliers with lower ceiling and dining areas divided rather than feeling you ate in one big room. Smoking areas near pool and Horizons have doors...no smoke drifting toward Waves..yeah. One downside is lack of convenient drawer space in regular cabins...although bathroom storage design is great.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, edgee said:

I embarked Vista yesterday for 16 night LA Miami cruise. Will also be on your Jan. 31 cruise. Can confirm that everyone gets 2 included wi fi 's  but if you want to stream. anything...even a 5 second FB video you will have to pay ten bucks a day extra per hookup. Even then the streaming is not always reliable. Much worse Starlink than what I experienced on two previous Celebrity cruise ships that have Starlink. Otherwise, the ship is gorgeous and so far things are great! Couple of immediately noticed positives compared to O class ships: Grand Dining Room is beautiful and efficient. Love the design of multiple chandeliers with lower ceiling and dining areas divided rather than feeling you ate in one big room. Smoking areas near pool and Horizons have doors...no smoke drifting toward Waves..yeah. One downside is lack of convenient drawer space in regular cabins...although bathroom storage design is great.

Sounds excellent  we just got off Explora journeys in October so we will have recent comparative experience.  We loved EJ and totally enjoy O

Have fun see you in January. I will keep up with your posts

All the best

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 4:28 AM, Nthurrzzz said:

Did they give any indication of when it may be installed? They have previously mentioned during 2023. 

I spoke with the IT guy and he said Starlink will be installed in December.

Edited by Fam_Cruise
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nthurrzzz said:

Great they will be ready for 2024

It occurred to me that my last post may be misconstrued. So below is clarification for anyone who may not have read my previous posts that would put it in proper context: 

I spoke with the IT guy on Riviera and he said Starlink will be installed on Riviera in December.

• Like 2