Adjoining signature suites

newcruzer2

Has anyone ever been in an ADJOINING signature suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam. 

I can't find a picture and I am curious about where the adjoining door is?? do you lose some closet or the vanity.

Trying to get a clear understanding, we would be booking with family, but NOT the same household. If I could see an image of the adjoining door OR hear from a 1st hand account....  I could decide weather to do adjoining or go for JUST nextdoor..

Thank you

1 hour ago, newcruzer2 said:

I can't find a picture and I am curious about where the adjoining door is?? do you lose some closet or the vanity.

Trying to get a clear understanding, we would be booking with family, but NOT the same household. If I could see an image of the adjoining door OR hear from a 1st hand account....  I could decide weather to do adjoining or go for JUST nextdoor..

Thank you

you lose a closet to make room for the door

1 hour ago, newcruzer2 said:

You are asking about CONNECTING suites (next-door rooms are all adjoining). Here is a gallery of 6090 on the Eurodam, sister ship to N.Amsterdam. There is a note that says it is connecting. The deck plan shows that facing the balcony, the connecting door should be on the left wall. 

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/6090-eurodam/

Yet, there is a narrow piece of wall with a standing lamp, the sofa with fixed TV above, then the desk flanked by two fixed wall lamps. And then the closets start. 

So it seems the door must be instead of a closet or two.

If you book two adjoining SS's, you can have the balconies opened between and not lose anything to the interior doors.

ETA: @cate54 beat me to the same conclusion!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been in NA 6090 and 6092 both times with family next door. The connecting door is where One of the closets would be by the front entrance door. That leaves two closets. We never actually used that door but the steward opened the door between balconies. Worked great for us. Shared views at Glacier Bay etc. I loved those cabins!!     ~Nancy

Unless the cabin adjoining has someone who needs attention often or during the night I think cabins just next door work fine with the balcony door open. I was with my adult daughter and her husband on one trip and two adults the other time. But having the door wasn’t a problem either because for a one week cruise we still had plenty of closet space. 

I vote for the "next-door" v. the "adjoining."  We had an adjoining SS on the Zuiderdam for an 18-day cruise.  Although we never heard noise from the adjoining cabin, the loss of the closet, considering that I used 18 days as an excuse for bringing more clothes, was somewhat a negative.  The result was that our outer clothes and shoes were decorating the cabin instead of the closet.  Otherwise, there was ample cabinet and drawer space for non-hanging garments.  I, too, love the SS suites.

• Like 1