Some ideas---

Don't buy Halloween and Christmas candy months ahead

Just sitting there for you to eat, sure most of LOVE sweets

Dinners eat salads, proteins just skip the bread and desserts

Drink the drinks that have the least calories

When you know you're going out, eat less that day at home

Having a walk each day would be nice, know depends on your weather

What is your plan, your goal?

Mine is to try eating less and not have a gain. Staying the same will be fine but

of course, would like to lose. Will be home more this winter.  Do better on cruises,

at home seem to "graze" more.

Please don't stay away if you do gain during the Holidays, being on here will keep

you aware and bet you'll gain less or just stay the same each week.

Come one come all. Join us to get through the Holidays, reading, talking and weighing

once a week will help you.

I’m still not weighing. Trying to get back on track.    Visit with family last weekend went well.  Still having communication issues with cardiologist she is misinterpreting my issues.  

suppose to  get generator installed tomorrow BUT received an email from gas company my new meter will be installed on 1/3/24  (forwarded it to the generator company since they make all arrangements) not sure what will happen  - guess will find out tomorrow) 

Can’t get the sweets under control.  Weather is cooling getting more walking in. 

everyone stay safe. 

• Like 1

I need to start eating more again. My meds make it easy to just not eat but my body needs nutrients to power it. Last week I gave myself food poisoning 🤦🏼‍♀️ which was a first but not fun.

Im seeing my doctor Monday about my weight loss. It’s been 3 months since I started and my life has completely changed. No more knee or hip pain just going up the stairs. Even my gate has started to change as my thighs start slimming down.

The one thing that is driving me nuts is that no one seems to notice how much I’ve lost. Im not sure if it’s just because it’s impolite now to comment on those things but I wish someone would comment on how much I’ve lost. In 3.5 months I’ve lost almost 30lb while still enjoying life and not feeling deprived.

my scales battery died so I couldn’t weigh this morning. I’ll weigh myself tonight and tomorrow morning to see what this weeks progress has been.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I lost .2 lb this week LOL. I was proud of myself at work today - we had cupcakes brought in for a co-worker who is leaving, and I didn't have any.

Izena, I hope you are able to get back on track. It is great weather for walking here too!

Good for you Solo to lose almost 30 lbs! It really does make a difference in how we feel and that's more important than people noticing. Sooner or later it will be noticed by others - keep up the good work.

Jan - that's how I feel, like I am yo-yo ing too. Gain a little, lose a little, repeat. I'm happy to not be gaining overall though. I do really well during the day, but I know I'm doing too much snacking in the evenings, especially chips n salsa, pretzels, etc. Ugh. Here's to a better week!

I really haven't thought about the holidays yet...but they are quickly approaching! Once we get back from vacation, that will be my focus. 

Terri

• Like 1

Finally got my scale working again and I lost 1.8lb this week. I’m 1/3 of the way to my ideal weight. I’ve never lost this much before and always yo-yo loosing 15 or so lb before putting it back on. This group has really helped me stay on track and I look forward to Thursday weigh ins. 

holidays are just over a week away here but everything in moderation 

• Like 2

Was going to write sooner but got sidetracked and now it's late evening.

Jan main thing you keep trying and your gains are always small. and you lose it.

Know yo yo-ing is a problem for us all.

Iena sorry still having problems and not making the Doc to understand. Since you

like sweets (like most of us) can you just plan to have a small amount each day and still lose.

If you know you can have a little each day maybe won't crave it.

Solo it's great you've lost that much weight and your pain has gone away in your knees and

hips. Good loss today too. I know it's terrible when you worked hard to lose and no one says anything.

Guess they're afraid to these days to say anything about one's weight. Yes. your Holidays

start first. You have Thanksgiving soon.

JustUs A loss is a loss. Think night snacking is a problem for all of us too. We need to

figure out how to do it with calories left over from the day. Plus eat less carb, calorie snacks.

I know easier said than done but we can do it.

Now me, I was trying to eat less but grazing to much, I thought. Got on the scale a few times,  

keep saying the same thing. Lost 3 lbs. Hope it stays and I lose more. Going to keep at it.

Happy even if pounds I lost before--I/we can never give up.

Wish more people would come in. Know they want to lose weight and sometimes give up.

They don't understand coming here you might not lose weight for a while but if coming in here

helps you just stay the same and not gain more or just a little--Staying with it loss's will come

that's a Win in my book.

SOLO - good loss.  You are doing great.  When I started. Couldn’t go up a flight of stairs.  It took awhile but I lost 100lbs - to this day my tennesse son and his wife have never acknowledge my wt loss.  For me the weight loss was really noticeable until I dropped 50.   Now the forever issue of keeping it off.   I realized as a teenager people weren’t observant  I had a boss come up to me after I’d worked a year wrinkled his nose and said oh you have freckled ( I’m red headed Irish covered in freckles ).  When I was a junior in his my braces finally came off after 3.5 years    - the only comment I got was why did I have a rubber band over mt front teeth ). Be proud of yourself it’s a tough journey.

TERRI any loss is a good loss.

JAN  you are always bouncing the pounds.  I think you looked great last year when I saw you. Basically your staying the same.

Belle WOW 3 lbs that great.

My generator gets placed on the new slab today but have to wait for gas meter upgrade   - backlog I’m on the list for January before I have a functioning meter.

Izena - I went back through my last year's calendar and realized that since I met you I am actually down 11#  ... sometimes it is good to check!  (I'm surprised!)

We leave in 15 days for our next cruise - was really hoping to be down by then ... but, now I'm hoping that the scale will be down 1#.  I've been pretty good with eating ... only problem is that when DH gets home we seem to talk and have snacks ... have to stop eating honey roasted peanuts and kettle corn.  It is so difficult to not just eat a few and then a few more and on and on!.  I have been limiting wine to about 1/4 cup in the evening while relaxing and drinking more water ... some days no wine at all.  

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Jan

Good afternoon Izena and Jan

Izena I can't believe your son hasn't said anything. The wife yes because of what you

said before about her. But your son not right.  You've come so far. They say keeping the 

weight off his harder than losing it.

😇

Jan you're doing good with your weight loss. Aren't you close to your goal weight.

See you lost more than you thought. Your gains are always low and you lose the next week.

You leave in 15 days bet you can lose a pound. Why is snacking so hard for us all.

I weighed today, pounds still off. Need to lose more. I leave on my cruises in 23 days.

I'm nowhere near my goal as you are Jan. Hope to lose more and this wasn't a "miracle." 😇

Take care and have a good weekend.

Belle - I was at my goal weight many months ago and then seemed to gain much of it back again.  I am currently 41# less than my starting weight and 27# more than my weight when I met my goal.  I would be happy to lose 17# and to maintain.  It is so difficult to maintain ... I think that is where many of us have problems.  I find that I reach the point I want to be and I stop watching my food intake and then way too soon I am higher than I want to be.  

I've decided that having a few (10# or so) more than a wanted goal weight is good for where I am at in life (age wise) ... I really think that having a few "extra" pounds is good as it is a buffer for what ever hits life wise ... I'm not sure it that makes sense.  Jan

Jan a doctor told me once, just what you said. You can pick a goal but can you

maintain that goal? Like if you pick a goal of 150, can you maintain if. Pick a goal

10 or 15 lbs higher. something you can maintain. (you can always lose more but

if yo yo not as a bad of a thing. you're in your weight range) Depends on your body, family 

genes and age. You know what's best weight for you.

• Like 1

Hello to all that's reading this. Hope you're having a good weekend so far?

Did you just relax or kept busy doing things in the house, outside the house?

I did one and thought about the doing the other. Which one did you think I was doing?😊

Enjoy the rest of the day/evening and have a good Sunday.

• Like 1

Belle and Jan I’m in the same boat. Re -evaluating my goal. I’m up 20 from my lowest wt. and don’t think I will ever get back to it. Thinking on losing 5 lb increments.  I’m content as long as I fit in my clothes.

• Like 1