New ships coming to Australian Waters

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

28/9-3/10, so I was there on Saturday and Sunday,   Maybe just not at OPT.  I usually write the names of visiting ships in my diary, but got out of the habit. 

OPT on Sunday. 

On 9/29/2023 at 9:46 AM, SinbadThePorter said:

I've always thought Nhulunbuy could be a candidate. A deep water port a good stopping distance between Cairns and Darwin. On some of the most scenic parts of the Arnhem Land coast. Town in the doldrums since the refinery shut down.

Great minds think alike. Today's Cruise Weekly cw051023.pdf (cruiseweekly.com.au)

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, MMDown Under said:

Interesting comment that Disney is best value for sea days and a ship experience.  I agree Disney isn't just for children,  My girls continued to visit Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida well into adulthood for the magical Disney experience. I'd love to cruise Disney, if it wasn't so expensive in Australia. 

Disney is expensive all over.  But you get what you pay for.  If they were the same price as all other cruise lines, I would be sailing them much more frequently.

6 hours ago, jajsmom said:

Disney is expensive all over.  But you get what you pay for.  If they were the same price as all other cruise lines, I would be sailing them much more frequently.

I guess a Disney cruise in Australia, for Australians, would be less expensive than a holiday at WDW in Orlando and return business class tickets.  

6 hours ago, jajsmom said:

16 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I guess a Disney cruise in Australia, for Australians, would be less expensive than a holiday at WDW in Orlando and return business class tickets.  

I doubt the 2 experiences would be that similar.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I can confirm that, as I live in Orlando, and my airfare R/T to Australia is more than my 23 days of cruising.

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

At last! A bit of a choice departing Brisbane, rather than the winter doldrums of 'you can cruise with P&O or P&O' 😂(not that I dislike P&O, but choice is good).

Hopefully winter doldrums of 2025 will include Carnival.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:32 PM, arxcards said:

On the topic of new ships, the first (not new) arrival of the season - Luminosa arrived into Brisbane this morning. Come next weekend, they will be everywhere.

Currently onboard. 600 back to back American passengers who had to pack up all their luggage, take it through border control/customs and reboard before we finally got to embark.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Currently onboard. 600 back to back American passengers who had to pack up all their luggage, take it through border control/customs and reboard before we finally got to embark.

Much of a delay?

I am pretty much expecting we will endure the same for Majestic in a couple of weeks time. Like last year, the first Majestic cruise of the season, we were notified of a 60 minute delay - half hour after our boarding time had passed by and everyone was lined up waiting.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Much of a delay?

I am pretty much expecting we will endure the same for Majestic in a couple of weeks time. Like last year, the first Majestic cruise of the season, we were notified of a 60 minute delay - half hour after our boarding time had passed by and everyone was lined up waiting.

We had first boarding allocation of 11.30am and priority. We were onboard about 1pm. Apparently boarder security also had internet issues, so approx 1.5 hours delay.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

We had first boarding allocation of 11.30am and priority. We were onboard about 1pm. Apparently boarder security also had internet issues, so approx 1.5 hours delay.

I hope it is all good from here, and the ship is adjusting to her Aussie crowd. For a lively bit of entertainment, Cassidy Rae has a great voice and is garnering quite a reputation.

Edited by arxcards

Just now, arxcards said:

I hope it is all good from here, and the ship is adjusting to her Aussie crowd. For a lively bit of entertainment, Cassidy Rae has a great voice and is garnering quite a reputation.

All good since boarding. We are enjoying mixing with all the Americans onboard and encouraging them to try vegemite.

We haven’t seen Cassidy Rae yet but someone mentioned to me this morning that she is very good. I do remember she did a gig over facebook for the cruise crowd during covid lockdowns and I enjoyed it.

• Like 1