Double Loyalty Savings

fruitmachine

I've just received an email "Double Loyalty Savings: Your Savings Increased to 20% - Our Thanks to You".

Whether I click the link in the email, or search from scratch in an anonymous browser window, whether I'm logged-in or not, I see the same prices everywhere.  

Is a 20% discount from these prices available by doing something I'm missing (if so what?) or is this just a spurious promotion for 'loyalty' that's actually available to everyone and included in the standard published fare?

1 hour ago, fruitmachine said:

I've just received an email "Double Loyalty Savings: Your Savings Increased to 20% - Our Thanks to You".

Whether I click the link in the email, or search from scratch in an anonymous browser window, whether I'm logged-in or not, I see the same prices everywhere.  

Is a 20% discount from these prices available by doing something I'm missing (if so what?) or is this just a spurious promotion for 'loyalty' that's actually available to everyone and included in the standard published fare?

I logged  into my account to get the reduced pricing details. The system picks  up my loyalty number and automatically worked  out the discount off the net price. Ive tried  it this morning and its factoring in the discounts to the exact £. Nice reduction! 

Edited by combine
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, combine said:

I logged  into my account to get the reduced pricing details. The system picks  up my loyalty number and automatically worked  out the discount off the net price. Ive tried  it this morning and its factoring in the discounts to the exact £. Nice reduction! 

Ahhh ... so now I can see the counter-argument to "Don't worry, your loyalty level will all be sorted out onboard".

Despite repeated requests, they still have my loyalty level as "Preview" which is perhaps why, even when I sign on, I get no discount.  I feel another phone call coming on!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Ahhh ... so now I can see the counter-argument to "Don't worry, your loyalty level will all be sorted out onboard".

Despite repeated requests, they still have my loyalty level as "Preview" which is perhaps why, even when I sign on, I get no discount.  I feel another phone call coming on!

That explains alot. 😢 

If its any help I called  Azamara UK yesterday morning to pay for 2 excursions that I’d reserved online. Call was answered immediately in the US and I was done and dusted in under 6 minutes. It was fairly painless thank goodness. 
Hope you can get it sorted soon, the deals looks good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, combine said:

That explains alot. 😢 

If its any help I called  Azamara UK yesterday morning to pay for 2 excursions that I’d reserved online. Call was answered immediately in the US and I was done and dusted in under 6 minutes. It was fairly painless thank goodness. 
Hope you can get it sorted soon, the deals looks good.

I wish it was all so simple. You remember the cruise we were on in July?  Despite three emails and three phone calls I'm still waiting for the FCC for the days I spent in isolation to be applied to my next cruise. Before I know it I'll be requested to make final payment for that one. At least it's been picked up by someone in the US and I have their dedicated email address. The UK customer services have been truly awful in that and a couple of other matters.

However, my loyalty details are correct!

Phil 

• Like 2

Received the email BUT password rejected, change password option not available. How much longer will website troubles last? 4th cruise booked since last Azamara cruise! Azamara making it so difficult to return!

Edited by killaypirate

10 hours ago, combine said:

Where does the discount show up?

I logged into my account, my Explorer loyalty level is accurate and showing on my account, but there is no loyalty discount applied, let alone the "double loyalty".  I have gone all the way up to the filling out the passenger information page and it just shows Guest type as "REGULAR".

Edited by ShopperfiendTO

9 hours ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

Where does the discount show up?

I logged into my account, my Explorer loyalty level is accurate and showing on my account, but there is no loyalty discount applied, let alone the "double loyalty".  I have gone all the way up to the filling out the passenger information page and it just shows Guest type as "REGULAR".

There are only 42 cruises with the double loyalty discount. Log in on the website and price a cruise through here . Your loyalty number must be up to date when you start the pretend booking to prove you are a past  cruiser and eligible for the discount.

You’ll have to go through to the booking stage to see the reduced price. All you will see is the price. The REGULAR that you mention has no bearing on the costing.

As an example I have priced a cruise through my login details and then through a random family member with no loyalty ( takes far too long! ) .The difference in pricing is exactly the loyalty 20% discount. Which is applicable as always on the full price less the taxes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, combine said:

There are only 42 cruises with the double loyalty discount. Log in on the website and price a cruise through here . Your loyalty number must be up to date when you start the pretend booking to prove you are a past  cruiser and eligible for the discount.

You’ll have to go through to the booking stage to see the reduced price. All you will see is the price. The REGULAR that you mention has no bearing on the costing.

As an example I have priced a cruise through my login details and then through a random family member with no loyalty ( takes far too long! ) .The difference in pricing is exactly the loyalty 20% discount. Which is applicable as always on the full price less the taxes. 

I have logged in and got the discount on a cruise which isn't listed in the 20% savings. Not sure the system is working properly as the 20% should not apply to my cruise.

3 hours ago, Belfastman said:

I have logged in and got the discount on a cruise which isn't listed in the 20% savings. Not sure the system is working properly as the 20% should not apply to my cruise.

Book it !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/1/2023 at 3:34 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

I wish it was all so simple. You remember the cruise we were on in July?  Despite three emails and three phone calls I'm still waiting for the FCC for the days I spent in isolation to be applied to my next cruise. Before I know it I'll be requested to make final payment for that one. At least it's been picked up by someone in the US and I have their dedicated email address. The UK customer services have been truly awful in that and a couple of other matters.

However, my loyalty details are correct!

Phil 

What’s the FCC they’re giving you for the days in isolation? I’m currently in isolation on the Pursuit for 5 days.

Of course, it’s when all 4 ships are together in Koper, which is why I booked this itinerary! 

Diana

On 10/1/2023 at 9:34 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

wish it was all so simple. You remember the cruise we were on in July?  Despite three emails and three phone calls I'm still waiting for the FCC for the days I spent in isolation to be applied to my next cruise.

It took 6 months from the end of a cruise that I had done a Refer and Receive, and 3 months after they sent me the R & R credit, for my TA to get them to actually apply it to my upcoming cruise!

3 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

What’s the FCC they’re giving you for the days in isolation? I’m currently in isolation on the Pursuit for 5 days.

Of course, it’s when all 4 ships are together in Koper, which is why I booked this itinerary! 

Diana

If you have to go into isolation because of COVID or a stomach upset, Azamara give you an FCC equivalent to the value of the day/days you were in isolation. My husband had a stomach upset on an Azamara Vietnam cruise. As soon as he went to the medical centre they put us both in isolation and on a strict diet (he was only able to order certain items from room service). We were there a couple of days and got FCCs for them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

If you have to go into isolation because of COVID or a stomach upset, Azamara give you an FCC equivalent to the value of the day/days you were in isolation. My husband had a stomach upset on an Azamara Vietnam cruise. As soon as he went to the medical centre they put us both in isolation and on a strict diet (he was only able to order certain items from room service). We were there a couple of days and got FCCs for them.

Thanks-searched for awhile since I had nothing better to do but couldn’t find anything. Did you have to ask for them? My husband tested negative so he doesn’t have to isolate. They moved him to a different cabin.

45 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

Thanks-searched for awhile since I had nothing better to do but couldn’t find anything. Did you have to ask for them? My husband tested negative so he doesn’t have to isolate. They moved him to a different cabin.

They gave us a letter saying that we were entitled to the FCCs. I would get your husband to ask at guest relations.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

I didn't ask for mine. The HD onboard did a letter for me. All very efficient. I am still waiting for this to be applied to my upcoming cruise. The letter from the ship is dated the 26th July 2023. I did another chaser a few days ago to the US email address I have. No response. It's often talked about here how good the onboard service is compared to onshore.  Here's a classic example. 

Phil 

32 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I didn't ask for mine. The HD onboard did a letter for me. All very efficient. I am still waiting for this to be applied to my upcoming cruise. The letter from the ship is dated the 26th July 2023. I did another chaser a few days ago to the US email address I have. No response. It's often talked about here how good the onboard service is compared to onshore.  Here's a classic example. 

Phil 

Thanks, Phil! 

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2023 at 11:37 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Did you ever receive your FCC? I noticed that the letters from the HD have Royal Caribbean’s phone number.

2 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

Did you ever receive your FCC? I noticed that the letters from the HD have Royal Caribbean’s phone number.

Yes, I did receive it eventually on the 19th October and my travel agent applied it before I had to make final payment this month. It took much more effort than it should have, but after I chased it we got there and I had a nice surprise with how much it was for. My certificate was on Azamara letterhead. 

Phil 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, I did receive it eventually on the 19th October and my travel agent applied it before I had to make final payment this month. It took much more effort than it should have, but after I chased it we got there and I had a nice surprise with how much it was for. My certificate was on Azamara letterhead. 

Phil 

Thanks! Trying to track mine down!