Bringing Snacks onboard

gopackgo21

I know some people bring their own food and snacks on board and it’s usually ok if it is unopened. Hubby and I have a layover in Chicago and would love to grab some popcorn. Since it’s not a factory sealed, just bagged up, would that be allowed?

1 hour ago, gopackgo21 said:

I know some people bring their own food and snacks on board and it’s usually ok if it is unopened. Hubby and I have a layover in Chicago and would love to grab some popcorn. Since it’s not a factory sealed, just bagged up, would that be allowed?

If its not factory sealed it won't be allowed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sarcastic Mama said:

I always bring snacks. Our last cruise my daughter brought an open bag of Oreos. She just packed it in a carry on. The worst they will do is have you toss it. Maybe say something.  

Would like to bring some saltine crackers onboard to eat the raw oysters from the seafood

shack. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gopackgo21 said:

5 hours ago, nydney1 said:

Assuming you are talking about purchasing it at the airport. Both Ohare and Midway have popcorn stores that sell packaged popcorn 

You should be fine. 

Chicago popcorn means Garrett's.  Maybe if you get the tin can?  I may have booked a flight or two through Chicago just for Garrett's.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Chicago popcorn means Garrett's.  Maybe if you get the tin can?  I may have booked a flight or two through Chicago just for Garrett's.  

It’s the best!!!!!! Also, found out they have one at the DFW airport as well! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I've not had an issue w/snacks in checked or carry-on. 

I've seen people have to throw out food items / snacks which were opened or not in factory sealed containers.  Maybe some people get away with it, but security seems to be pretty good at finding these items.

• Like 1

I've never had an issue with packaged snacks (unopened or opened). The main restriction is taking them off in port, not in bringing them on to the ship.

This is what Carnival officially says about it:

• Due to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention, any food items brought on board must be pre-packaged and unopened. Homemade items or pre-cooked foods are not allowed. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items
Edited by sanger727
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1