Europe 2024 Promotion

WESTEAST

Looks like promotions are continuing - a new offering on Oceania today: 

Europe 2024

From the beauty of the Mediterranean to the magic of Northern Europe and beyond, experience Europe with up to US$1,000 Onboard Cash on select 2024 sailings plus simply MORE with 2 for 1 Cruise Fares, Free Roundtrip Airfare & Airport Transfers*; Free Shore Excursions; Free Champagne, Wine and More; Free Gourmet Specialty Dining and Free Unlimited WiFi.

Limited-Time Offer. Book by November 20, 2023.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I personally don’t recall it ever being referred to as Onboard CASH instead of Onboard Credt. 

Yes found the wording interesting as expect it means SBC as Oceania doesn't accept cash on board - marketing lingo!

20 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Just checked O website:  New Promo:  Europe 2024  

Does say Onboard Cash.  Includes SM and shorex credit.

Perhaps O heard CC members SM comments, and acted on them.

Perhaps however, only select amount of cruises apply for the promotion.

3 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Yes found the wording interesting as expect it means SBC as Oceania doesn't accept cash on board - marketing lingo!

Agree, but everywhere mentioned on their website it clearly states cash. Very odd 

My 10 August Oslo to London cruise on Sirena is included in the promotion. The price (which includes the credit for excursions) is similar to my booked onboard price w Olife bev package. What’s missing is the $299 (x2) upgrade to Premium air. The promotion price for premium air is $999 (x2).

To get my original premium air deal, I had to book RT out of DFW, about 4 hours from my home south of Austin. I’ll probably take Southwest…..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ToxM said:

Just seem a spam mail from my TA - up to $1000 onboard spend.

Maybe the non board regulars are quite unhappy with SM. 

It’s quite an interesting move. 

Isn't this a "promotion/sale" offering so not fleet wide...with SM everyone has the select beverage package and $$$ shore excursion credit on the select cruises listed so this is adding onboard cash/credit that can be used for anything.  It is basically like the "old OLife" ultimate sale where you received all 3 perks on select sailings.  Another way to fill up slow selling itineraries/dates...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, basor said:

Isn't this a "promotion/sale" offering so not fleet wide...with SM everyone has the select beverage package and $$$ shore excursion credit on the select cruises listed so this is adding onboard cash/credit that can be used for anything.  It is basically like the "old OLife" ultimate sale where you received all 3 perks on select sailings.  Another way to fill up slow selling itineraries/dates...

I suppose, and maybe this explains why they bought in SM, so they can then add this “extra” in. 

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

I suppose, and maybe this explains why they bought in SM, so they can then add this “extra” in. 

I just checked and it only for 36 cruises over 2023 and 2024 so not many itineraries/sailings.....same as offering "Ultimate OLife" for cruises not selling well...

• Like 1

Have 2 cruises booked which are included in this promotion.  Booked both of them under the "Oceania Club Benefits" promo, which was a 5% off listed price deal.  Notwithstanding this new promo is for new bookings only, it is also not combinable with the "OClub benefits" promo.  I'm not pursuing any action with this new promo.

Would love to, as I can always find ways to spend OBcredit (or cash, as the case may be).

11 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

One of them is our cruise, we booked before SM.

Asked our TA to explain what it means for us.

Price has not gone up since we booked.

Waiting for reply.

We have one of these booked before SM. It has had a $200 price increase. 

We can rebook for $200+ and get $800 extra OBC on top of SM.

We would be subject to the revised cancelation policies going forward, if we rebook, but no penalty to rebook to get this offer.

We already have PPG via TA/Virtuoso. So, do we want a ne $600+ for shorex?

Question:

Does anyone know if you can use Oceania OBC for/towards an on board booking for a future cruise? 

2 hours ago, Croooser said:

We have one of these booked before SM. It has had a $200 price increase. 

We can rebook for $200+ and get $800 extra OBC on top of SM.

We would be subject to the revised cancelation policies going forward, if we rebook, but no penalty to rebook to get this offer.

We already have PPG via TA/Virtuoso. So, do we want a ne $600+ for shorex?

Question:

Does anyone know if you can use Oceania OBC for/towards an on board booking for a future cruise? 

No

• Thanks 1

I just look at the low-low-low cruise only prices I paid earlier this year for the Extraordinary Saving Sale and marvel that we'll get 2 10-night cruises on Riviera in Oct-Nov 2023 for the same or less than 1 of these cruises! But the O Sales Train rumbles down the tracks. Is this the 5th, 6th or 7th sale since January 2023?

• Like 1