Post cruise review

exlandlubber

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get to a review site for the recent Vista cruise of NYC to Montreal.  Our connection on the ship was really poor and there are several individuals I want to mention specifically which I thought I'd be able to do once we got home.  But when I tried to pop in oceaniacruisereview.com as was listed on the Currents page, it said "server not found."  Is there a way to post a review other than on Cruise Critic?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

Was told that apple products couldn’t log in to do survey. Had to borrow a laptop from concierge .  Not sure many would do that

It is unfortunate that you were given wrong information. I completed the survey on my iPhone and didn’t have any trouble with it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

It is unfortunate that you were given wrong information. I completed the survey on my iPhone and didn’t have any trouble with it. 

We were on Vista.  The problem was that it timed out before you could start. Tried many times.  That’s when I was told that there were problems using my iPad.   I would not had bothered, but we had extra time in NY

@roberts2005 Sorry you had to go through all that.  It sounds like more of an issue with the connectivity on the ship rather than the device you were using. I've done the survey on my iPhone on Nautica (last month) and on Sirena (2022) without a problem.  

For the concierge or whoever told you that you can't log in using Apple products is just wrong.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

@roberts2005 Sorry you had to go through all that.  It sounds like more of an issue with the connectivity on the ship rather than the device you were using. I've done the survey on my iPhone on Nautica (last month) and on Sirena (2022) without a problem.  

For the concierge or whoever told you that you can't log in using Apple products is just wrong.

I’m quite sure the Concierge knew that when he told them. It did accomplish its purpose of placating the passenger while aboard though.

• Like 1

OK, to anyone from the Oceania "higher-ups" who might read this forum, I'd like to make a suggestion: Why not open a window to the review site for a week after passengers disembark?  Between the poor internet access and the various things we are concerned about prior to leaving, wouldn't it make more sense to give folks a couple of days (post-cruise) to mull things over in order to give those special crew members we'd like to recognize their due? I guess I just don't see what the problem is and there were several crew members that I wanted to specifically compliment.

5 minutes ago, exlandlubber said:

OK, to anyone from the Oceania "higher-ups" who might read this forum, I'd like to make a suggestion: Why not open a window to the review site for a week after passengers disembark?  Between the poor internet access and the various things we are concerned about prior to leaving, wouldn't it make more sense to give folks a couple of days (post-cruise) to mull things over in order to give those special crew members we'd like to recognize their due? I guess I just don't see what the problem is and there were several crew members that I wanted to specifically compliment.

I definitely agree.  I am not ready to make an evaluation during the cruise.  I would much prefer an email evaluation once I get home.  Gives me a few days to put my thoughts together and an ability to comment on the disembarkation procedure.  Continue the current procedure for those who like it but add an after=cruise option.

4 hours ago, thunderbird56 said:

I definitely agree.  I am not ready to make an evaluation during the cruise.  I would much prefer an email evaluation once I get home.  Gives me a few days to put my thoughts together and an ability to comment on the disembarkation procedure.  Continue the current procedure for those who like it but add an after=cruise option.

I have long come to the conclusion that the Survey is more about you and a marketing device than an actual useful tool. What do you believe Oceania gets out of that final Survey maybe filled out by thousands every couple of weeks? How many times have you ever gotten a response from O mgt. from a foal survey.

Just look at this Board as an example. If they receive a thousand surveys telling them their food is always excellent, outstanding, Michelin Star quality; while maybe a hundred gives exceptions with them and post complaints, what respond is expected? The few told them what they thought, got it off their chest, and move on to most likely book another cruise. 

Surveys can be powerful improvement tools when looked at during snapshot time frames. A constant ongoing survey just becomes another task. It’s for the customer, not really the company. 

Statistically, for a 1000 passenger ship, a cross section of 50 survey respondents gives the line the same information as would a 750 response survey. So if some don’t get their surveys done, it’s not statistically relevant and something to spend money on. It’s just more of a PR event.

I try to identify those outstanding performers on my handwritten mid cruise survey and bring up any items I feel important hen. Life goes on. If doing the final makes you feel better then keep at it. Maybe yours will be pulled out of the hat to be read.

On 10/3/2023 at 8:51 AM, exlandlubber said:

You have a point, but you're not the first to come up with it. I think this has been being said since they changed from paper to electronic EOCS.