Island time

zumbagold

Island time has a different meaning to me, mostly in Hawaii 🙂 

But as @Steelers36 wrote, the ship time will be the same time as in Hawaii.

Aloha and have a great cruise!

Edit to post: I’m assuming it was to Hawaii but you might be talking about a Caribbean cruise. Same answer though 🙂

Edited by AZjohn
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not to be confused with "Mexican time" which is scientifically proven to vary as much as 45 minutes either way from any *stated* time...

Or sometimes it means mañana 🤣

Just had to chime in here.  Island time, "Hawaiian time", local time....can mean something totally different (localism) in the STATE of Hawaii.  My sister was always late for potluck dinners.  She was assigned dessert.  "Hawaiian time" means "whenever you get there" usually inferring that most attendees are late.  I, on the other hand, was always early, even if it meant waiting in the car.  

I do think the OP is asking about the Caribbean Islands (time).  Maybe OP will return and specify which island they are referring to.  Most of Hawaiian cruises happen during Standard Time (November to March).  There is only a 2 hour difference during those months between San Pedro/San Francisco and Hawaii.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just had to chime in here.  Island time, "Hawaiian time", local time....can mean something totally different (localism) in the STATE of Hawaii.  My sister was always late for potluck dinners.  She was assigned dessert.  "Hawaiian time" means "whenever you get there" usually inferring that most attendees are late.  I, on the other hand, was always early, even if it meant waiting in the car.  

I do think the OP is asking about the Caribbean Islands (time).  Maybe OP will return and specify which island they are referring to.  Most of Hawaiian cruises happen during Standard Time (November to March).  There is only a 2 hour difference during those months between San Pedro/San Francisco and Hawaii.

Doesn't matter.  As stated above, Princess uses local time and changes ship time to local time in advance of arriving at a particular port.

36 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Doesn't matter.  As stated above, Princess uses local time and changes ship time to local time in advance of arriving at a particular port.

I'm sorry, I didn't add my signature:  aka sheldon cooper.  I was going to list the many time zones this year, but decided that I would spare everyone my ping pong travels.

And yes, Princess does Hawaii bound cruises outside of November and March. 

Read and pay attention to all notices while aboard a ship.

• Like 1