H----Happy
A__-And
L__-Light
L__-Less
O_-_Overeating
W__-Water
E__-Energy
E__-Enjoying
N_-_Not eating candy (will help you feel all of above)

It seems I have no plans for thanksgiving this year which isn’t such a bad thing as I’m trying to loose weight. My birthday is 2 days after so I’ll see all my family and friends for dinner next week. October is really busy with 3 birthdays in the family plus thanksgiving and Halloween and a big business trip at the end of the month.

Ok so this might be a little TMI but as we loose weight our bodies change more than just slimming down. Our skin can struggle to return to its original shape but a slow weight loss, hydration, and moisturizing can help that. My big change that happened suddenly was my breast. The loss of fat not only has made them smaller but has also caused a change in shape. I expected that but when it happened I noticed a lump which was now easier to feel. A few years ago I underwent regular ultrasounds so I know there are some non cancerous issues but just to make sure this is still the same I will be returning for another ultrasound next week.

Weight loss presents us with so many unexpected challenges. These can easily throw us off with emotional or unhealthy eating habits returning. I’m going to just work on not letting it stress me out and take extra good care of myself over the next 2 weeks as I await results. The lesson here is be kind to yourself and practise self care especially in challenging times.

So with that extra stress this week I managed to still loose even though it was only 0.2lb which I take as a win. 

• Like 1

My cousin offered to make me a birthday cake but I requested instead that she make mini cupcakes so they are built in portion control. Turns out it’s less work for her and better for me. We decided on a nautical theme for my love of cruising.

• Like 2

SoloAlaska - I hope that your ultrasound shows that everything is ok.  We are here for you if you need to talk.  Nice that you lost this week!

I am forgetting my days ... that happens when retired.  I ate breakfast before I weighed, so will weigh in tomorrow!  Jan

Belle thanks for starting the thread.

Solo yes our bodies change esp breasts.  Take a deep breath - this a good thing you noticed it.   Don’t panic.  

haven’t weighed focusing on getting back on track first..  Also just went through my closet.  I. Need to buy a size up in pants for the thanksgiving cruise ( I don’t like to wear tight pants).  

Jan lmao you  rarely weigh on Thursday’s 🤪

• Haha 1

I stayed the same this week. So much for losing 5 more lbs before we leave next week! 🤪

I looked back to 1 month ago and am the same weight. For me, that's a good thing. 

Since February 6th, I have lost 43 lbs. I have enjoyed buying some new fall clothes 3 sizes smaller and yes, being over 60 yrs, I definitely have extra skin, especially under my arms. I do use firming lotion but it is what it is.

I have re-set my goals to not gain more than 5 lbs during our 2 week vacation. I really want to say I won't gain at all...but I am also trying to be realistic.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Terri

hello Everyone

Solo--Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday!  Glad you're seeing the Doc as our bodies 

change with weight loss. Since they notice before just thinking it will be the same. I know

it's so hard waiting for results. They need to make things faster for people. Yes,

any loss is a good thing. Wishing at least you stay the same with all the birthday and all things

going on.

Jan--Hope the scale is good to you tomorrow. Just remember weighing comes before

eating on Thursdays. Get a calendar😁  How's your weather up there? Seems like

you've had all different kinds each week. You're going on a cruise soon, aren't you?

Izena--Hope you get back on track. No, it's so hard when you're not feeling. Know you can

do it. You've done so well.  Know you'll love your cruise in new pants or not.

Terri--Bon Voyage. Staying the same before a cruise is good too. You have done good losing and buying smaller size clothes. Yes, you can cruise and stay the same or gain little and still

enjoy the food. Walking on ship and in ports help and less desserts. (said less not none)

Me--The scale kept going between 1 or 2 pounds lost. So will take 1 1/2. lost this week.

Two weeks in a row. Yea!❤️  I need to get my act together; I haven't been doing much.

Need to clean house. Get to get clothes and things together, want to take ect.

Doing California coastal and Hawaii.

Went food shopping today, tried to be good in my buying. Got couple of things for

the cruise. I need to go look for some new clothes too. Wearing same things all the time.

Getting less places to buy clothes. Places have closed. Do you notice that in your towns?

I know because of online shopping but I like to try on the clothes first. As you know

sizes are so off. Can take five of something into room, same size and they fit differently.

Weekend is coming and hope you all enjoy.  Come in here and talk to help us

to not eat snacks we shouldn't. Keeps us aware. Cruises coming up.🛳️🍷

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Good Afternoon all, how's your Friday going.

Mine started good, still had weight loss even after food shopping yesterday.

(you know what I mean) Now have to be good for the weekend.

Hope to see you ALL writing in here today. Let' keep this going over the weekend.

Think will help us eat the right way, keep us aware to be good. Maybe help us

to say no to something, we shouldn't eat.

I finally weighed myself this morning ... I was down 0.6# (which is what I was up last week).  I am noticing that some clothes are fitting a little better.

It's a dreary day here today - we are going to get some of the hurricane (unsettled) weather over the weekend with rain and some higher than normal winds.  Its been a crazy summer - been raining for weeks and then really hot muggy weather for weeks ... It isn't normal Maine weather here.  It is about peak for foliage.

We leave a week from tomorrow for Miami and a b2b cruise - Western and Eastern.  I am so looking forward to getting away and relaxing again.  This has been a year of more cruises than normal.  (I'm not complaining!). 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Belle, glad you had a loss!  Jan

• Like 1

Jan glad you had a loss. One more weigh-in before your cruise.  You're doing a b2b,

I think there the best. Like you I'm doing more cruises in last few years then I

ever thought I would do,

Yes, your weather has been crazy. You've had a lot of rain and hot weather.

When I was gone saw your weather and was hoping that none of it came by you.

Different here too. Last 4 days in the 90's and on Monday rain and in the low 60's.

Every state seems to have different weather this year. If people don't believe in

climate change, they need to look at the weather the last few years.

Stay safe with the rain and wind. Good weekend to stay indoors.

• Like 1

Sorry but it really hasn’t  been good year.    DIL  called  my 53 yr old son has had a stroke - affects his left side can move it  with difficulty - speech, thought processes are all ok. He will need some rehab.   ( symptoms similar to his dads but  not as severe)  He doesn’t want visitors.   My TX son is quietly stressing abt whether he is next.  I don’t like this part of life 🥵

Izena so sorry. Is this the son that just visited you? I'm glad it wasn't as

worse as it could of been. Prayers for him and you. I know life just doesn't go

as we want. Why does there have to be bad parts.

How are you feeling with your health problems today. Have you gotten any answers>

Jan, I hope you're doing alright this weekend. Getting ready for your cruise?

Belle & Jan - congratulations on your losses! My recent favorite store to shop at is Maurice's, and I also like Kohl's. I'm not really much of a shopper, only when I have to lol.

Izena, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. That has got to be stressful for you. Prayers for all!

I am working on laundry, packing, etc. I bought a "shacket" online from Kohl's and picked it up yesterday. It's too big - it was junior sizing so I thought I needed to size up. I wanted to take it along so I may try to make a trip tomorrow to return it and see if they have it in-store - I got it on sale, used Kohl's cash, and had 40% off so it was a terrific deal! 

Terri