Which were your NCL favorite cruises ?

scubacruiserx2

53 minutes ago, sprint180 said:

We used a private one, someone in our roll call started it I think it was SPB tours or something like that.

As I wrote we used an Alla tour in 2007. Our guide, Viktoria, confided in us that she had gone through all the bureaucratic hoops and was now able to open her own agency starting the next cruise season. And later I learned her agency was named SPB Tours, the one you used.

On 10/15/2023 at 10:13 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

More South America

DSC05809(3).thumb.JPG.3df7abee90e44bf474b20d453f32c2a9.JPG

DSC05826(4).thumb.JPG.6bc9b31744f9a2388913af0fdbc70d6e.JPG

DSC05824(2).thumb.JPG.ef10666773f97311b217892c3713d69b.JPG

DSC05806(3).thumb.JPG.f342e5b1ec76cc4e5239fcb640591e1b.JPG

DSC05820(2).thumb.JPG.ac3be1c6986ee27846d7fc059094f8a9.JPG

Scubacruiserx2 - where were these pictures taken?  I'll be on the Star in March from Buenos Aires to Santiago, and your pictures look amazing.

13 hours ago, sprint180 said:

sharonrocks.thumb.jpg.558e6d48bfeb9f164ca7922266bc248a.jpgdebrocks.thumb.jpg.781e4ebea31655ab6556234835e2b2b8.jpg

I really loved the Tortola stop with a trip to Virgin Gorda.  I Loved crawling my way through the huge rocks 

Beautiful , thanks for sharing . We had a choice of  SCUBA diving or going to the Virgin Gorda Baths . Guess which one we went on ?

6 hours ago, linaka625 said:

Scubacruiserx2 - where were these pictures taken?  I'll be on the Star in March from Buenos Aires to Santiago, and your pictures look amazing.

We did a flight tour from Punta Arenas to Torres del Paine , in Chile , all day long . The flight was only an hour but the pilot had me fly up front with him and it 1 hour IFR .

This is where we had lunch with a full sit down lunch 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torres_del_Paine_National_Park

Will you go to Antarctica , the Falkland Islands or Puerto Madryn ? We will be showing Glacier Alley next so stay tuned .

• Like 1

Scubacruiserx2 - this is my first trip to South America.  We'll be going to the Falkland Islands and Puerto Madryn and then around Cape Horn and a few stops in Chile.  Sailing on March 3.  Unfortunately, not doing Antarctica but its definitely in my future.

Thanks for your amazing pictures!

The Falkland Islands were the best to see penguins ( 3 species ) and Puerto Madryn the next best . We also saw Guanaco there with the penguins at PM . We used private tours to beat the crowds there . 

Kings and Gentoo at the Falklands

Puerto Madryn

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 10:21 AM, ontheweb said:

As I wrote we used an Alla tour in 2007. Our guide, Viktoria, confided in us that she had gone through all the bureaucratic hoops and was now able to open her own agency starting the next cruise season. And later I learned her agency was named SPB Tours, the one you used.

Before Alla And SPB there was DenRus back in 2002 . They are an American company with the same area code as us so we could dial 7 numbers to speak directly to St. Petersburg . After our visit on the NCL Dream we wanted to obtain a VISA and stay in an apartment and DIY with a little help . We stayed several times both on and off of the cruise ships never using the crowded cruise busses . When there were no cruise ships in port ( like on Victory Day ) we just blended into the crowd on the subway or Sapsan to Moscow . You can see lots of photos and videos at the CC link below , Post # 93 .

Our older post St. Petersburg : Maps , pictures and information is from 2013 but there's lots of information like uncrowded visits to the Hermitage without all of the crowds .

The NCL Dream flipping it's lid going ( just barely ) beneath a bridge on the Kiel Canal in Germany in 2006 , our first Baltic cruise . Photos were film before digital. The Dream was the largest ship to transit the canal and it flipped it's stack while a German band played several times .

Europe200620004_zpsvrapf62y

Berlin ( Take my breath away )

Europe 06 008_zpswuv5wewh

Before gray hair ( but not a balloon hat )

Brandenburg Gate

Europe06010

Checkpoint  Charlie

Europe06005

St. Petersburg , Russia

Peterhof

Resize

Pat with our DenRus guide

f2959fdf-806c-42b4-a10c-8cc663b117bd_zpslg0qsi3a

A room in the Hermitage

Save

Palace Square as seen from the Hermitage