Which were your NCL favorite cruises ?

scubacruiserx2

1. Epic 11 nt cruise.  Love that ship.  Dont love cabin bathroom set up. 

2. SKY 4 NT all inclusive out of miami for $199. Where i learned i could stomach an oceanview and dont require balcony.  Plus, free dranks!!! 

3. Ncl escape 7 nt while Margaritaville at Sea was still onboard. Love jimmy buffett! 

44 minutes ago, SuiteTraveler said:

We've loved all of our NCL cruises, but the latest one on NCL Joy from New York to Quebec was probably the best of all!  

If you were on the 9/25 - 10/04 sailing I was on it too! We loved it. Food & entertainment were great. Our cabin steward was friendly and attentive. We found the Observation Lounge too busy during the day, but it was always quiet in the evenings. Maltings was quiet for a pre-dinner drink. We were so lucky to have such great weather after the wet start in NYC.

13 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We didn't understand it either but it quite a show .

Did they release any type of statement explaining how turning the waters into their personal sewer system helped stop "cruise ship pollution"?

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Did they release any type of statement explaining how turning the waters into their personal sewer system helped stop "cruise ship pollution"?

Perhaps but my wife's High School German didn't recall any , so perhaps it was lost in the translation .

13 hours ago, baileycat122 said:

If you were on the 9/25 - 10/04 sailing I was on it too! We loved it. Food & entertainment were great. Our cabin steward was friendly and attentive. We found the Observation Lounge too busy during the day, but it was always quiet in the evenings. Maltings was quiet for a pre-dinner drink. We were so lucky to have such great weather after the wet start in NYC.

We were one cruise before you, but ours was absolutely wonderful, too!  We did a shore excursion called Tastes and Traditions of Newfoundland and just loved it!  Also did Alexander Graham Bell museum, lobster lunch and Anne and Lunenburg, Nova Scotia - all of these were fantastic!  And the ship was just great, especially the crew in The Haven who made our trip very special! They have really come together as a team to offer a very elevated experience - better than any other The Haven crew we have had! We enjoyed Maltings and also the wine bar as well as The Haven bar.  We were also lucky enough to get upgraded to a Platinum Suite at the New York Hard Rock when our cruise was postponed by a day due to the hurricane (it was gorgeous) and upgraded at Chateau Frontenac to the Celine Dion suite (absolutely fantastic with probably the best view in Quebec!)  

My favorite was an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Epic when it was brand new.  It was our 3rd cruise ever and first with a cruise line other than Carnival.  The experience was totally different and better.  It was a bigger ship with more activities, unique room configuration and better entertainment.  This cruise had the Blue Man Group and the Circe de Dream shows which they don't seem to have any more.  This was also before all the free at sea promos.

Conversely, my least favorite was a Western Caribbean cruise on the Breakaway.  had nothing to do with the itinerary, the ship or anything to do with activities.  It was just that we had bad weather for most of the cruise that caused us to miss GSC and closed the pool deck on our last cruise day.

DSC05736(4).thumb.JPG.3adb0dde2af66a463b6477012a1eb148.JPG

The Perito Moreno Glacier is 19 miles long , 3 miles wide and 200 feet tall and advancing !

DSC05705(3).thumb.JPG.f48741988b6711db0f7ceb7085f0378b.JPG

A Caracara

DSC05746(2).thumb.JPG.c7c7640c93c349508aea595a9d2a9a9c.JPG

We saw calving , a block the size of a semi truck

This block of Blue glacial Ice floated up from underneath the glacier . It was 200' long !

DSC05703(2).thumb.JPG.2baaca419058278e58f493faf663e71c.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_ice_(glacial)

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

All of them, but Boston to Bermuda is the cruise that we take frequently.  I just wish that it was longer than 7 days.

We get that . Sometimes when we find a place we like ( like Bermuda ) we just stay there . Or pick up the next cruise back ( with the Captain's permission ) . Have you been to these places there ? A couple of our favorites .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

29 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We get that . Sometimes when we find a place we like ( like Bermuda ) we just stay there . Or pick up the next cruise back ( with the Captain's permission ) . Have you been to these places there ? A couple of our favorites .

Not the person you quoted, but we've been to both on an NCL cruise. I am not a beach person (DW definitely is), but my favorite beach in the world is Horseshoe Bay.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 11:00 AM, ontheweb said:

Not the person you quoted, but we've been to both on an NCL cruise. I am not a beach person (DW definitely is), but my favorite beach in the world is Horseshoe Bay.

We walked from Horseshoe Bay to Warrick Long Bay about 23 minutes and you can see lots of great photos and videos from our overnight there at this link  beginning at # 162 through # 288 .

The month after we were there the NCL Dawn ran aground on May 19 , 2015 .

My late husband and I were on the NCL Starward in 1982.  Our first cruise.  We had an inside cabin.  I remember that I was shocked at the small size.  Felt like a closet with a bathroom.  😁.  I got terribly seasick.  If I remember correctly, the Starward was 17,000 tons.  Very small by today’s standards.  We had a lot of fun, though.  I am considering the Breakaway with a friend for next September.  That ship will be a tad bigger. 😁

1 hour ago, antmaril said:

My late husband and I were on the NCL Starward in 1982.  Our first cruise.  We had an inside cabin.  I remember that I was shocked at the small size.  Felt like a closet with a bathroom.  😁.  I got terribly seasick.  If I remember correctly, the Starward was 17,000 tons.  Very small by today’s standards.  We had a lot of fun, though.  I am considering the Breakaway with a friend for next September.  That ship will be a tad bigger. 😁

Wow , was that steerage ? Some of the new cruise ships hold 370 passengers and their ship comes with a side order of a swimming pool .

😊

1217253304_IMG_8803(2).thumb.JPG.622e12187da66e99263b98f61077d109.JPG

2 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Wow , was that steerage ? Some of the new cruise ships hold 370 passengers and their ship comes with a side order of a swimming pool .

😊

1217253304_IMG_8803(2).thumb.JPG.622e12187da66e99263b98f61077d109.JPG

Well, it was 1982.  Not steerage, but, obviously, the smallest cabin on the ship and the ship was small.  I am pretty sure I was expecting a cabin like the ones on “The Love Boat”.  It was a little bit of a reality check.  😁

5 hours ago, antmaril said:

Well, it was 1982.  Not steerage, but, obviously, the smallest cabin on the ship and the ship was small.  I am pretty sure I was expecting a cabin like the ones on “The Love Boat”.  It was a little bit of a reality check.  😁

Most of the Love Boat cabins were probably just like the one you had. That was a mighty SMALL ship!

3 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Hands down, St. Petersburg Russia and our Baltics cruise.  The buildings and history were amazing.  Even the subway was awesome.  2nd would be Alaska, very peaceful and beautiful.  

Yes, what a shame no cruises are now or in the foreseeable future going to St. Petersburg. There are still great ports on a Baltic cruise, but St. Petersburg was the real highlight.

Did you take a private tour or a ship's tour. We did an Alla tour with 10 of us that I set up in our roll call.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, what a shame no cruises are now or in the foreseeable future going to St. Petersburg. There are still great ports on a Baltic cruise, but St. Petersburg was the real highlight.

Did you take a private tour or a ship's tour. We did an Alla tour with 10 of us that I set up in our roll call.

We used a private one, someone in our roll call started it I think it was SPB tours or something like that.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 10:28 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

Yes, I went to the Caves and saw the Rocks at Horseshoe Beach.  I like the cove at Horseshoe where the surf is calmer than the main beach.  We enjoy cruising from Boston, because it's fairly close to home, and we don't have to fly or stay in hotels like we do  at distant ports.

• Like 1