Incorrect final invoice should I do anything?

cruisingaussies

Our TA has forwarded our final invoice for our December cruise, due for payment on Wednesday.  We booked Always Included when it really was ALL included, ie with tips.  Now this has popped up on the final invoice under Deposit and Final Payment Schedule:

"To facilitate the crew recognition process, a $16.00 USD gratuity ($18.50 USD for Suite guests) is added to each guest’s SeaPass account daily. This gratuity is shared amongst the dining, bar and culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams."

I'd feel more comfortable having them remove this paragraph but does it really matter?

If your original reservation documents show tips included in the always included that you purchased, you should definitely call your TA and verify that the tips are still included.   Is that paragraph on a Celebrity document or on a TA document?  I believe the removal of tips in the AI was only for bookings made after October 4th 2023

Edited by retird
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Our TA has forwarded our final invoice for our December cruise, due for payment on Wednesday.  We booked Always Included when it really was ALL included, ie with tips.  Now this has popped up on the final invoice under Deposit and Final Payment Schedule:

"To facilitate the crew recognition process, a $16.00 USD gratuity ($18.50 USD for Suite guests) is added to each guest’s SeaPass account daily. This gratuity is shared amongst the dining, bar and culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams."

I'd feel more comfortable having them remove this paragraph but does it really matter?

I have seen that statement in my docs.  The key item is whether the tips are included in the itemized bill.  There is usually the cost of the tips and below it, there is a credit for that amount. If you see the credit, it does not matter in my opinion.

• Like 2

Booked a year ago with AI.  It's issued by Celebrity.  I don't see where tips are or are not shown. 

The document, upon further inspection, is full of anomalies.  Under Cruise Fare and outside of the box is written that "a service charge for your dining and stateroom attendant are included."  

Then "If you have booked an 'All Included' promotion...you will receive a further invoice from us".  Huh?

Then the paragraph in my original post about grats being added to our SeaPass account daily.

Finally, they sent an email about 10 days ago changing the itinerary but this document still shows the old one.  X in too much of a hurry to get in the new NOT 'All Included' on the final invoice I think.

I'll call my TA tomorrow, I think this needs to be corrected and re-issued.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Booked a year ago with AI.  It's issued by Celebrity.  I don't see where tips are or are not shown. 

The document, upon further inspection, is full of anomalies.  Under Cruise Fare and outside of the box is written that "a service charge for your dining and stateroom attendant are included."  

Then "If you have booked an 'All Included' promotion...you will receive a further invoice from us".  Huh?

Then the paragraph in my original post about grats being added to our SeaPass account daily.

Finally, they sent an email about 10 days ago changing the itinerary but this document still shows the old one.  X in too much of a hurry to get in the new NOT 'All Included' on the final invoice I think.

I'll call my TA tomorrow, I think this needs to be corrected and re-issued.

It worries me too. I'd certainly object to paying any further tips. It should be fine, booking made prior to the change but agree I don't like to see it there.  By Aussie law if the tips are in the original purchase price then they cannot be added later.  

I've just looked at my original invoice. At the end of page 1, last line there's a statement saying that tips are included in the price package for stateroom and dining, purchases made onboard will incur an adiitional service charge. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

From the Celebrity e-document (about one month prior to on board the cruise ship):

(1)  how can you tell whether the All Included (drinks, Wi-Fi and gratitude) or not?

(2)  how can you tell the OBC (offered by Celebrity) is included or not?

Thanks!

The paragraph is old as the daily gratuities of $16 and$18.50 have been upped twice since those amounts.  To insure you have prepaid gratuities you need a copy of the most current  Celebrity Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy for your reservation.  That contains  line by line what you are paying and what promotion you booked with.  If your booking confirmation shows

ALLINC with the rate info, then that is what is in the system.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TA has issued a corrected invoice so I'm happy to pay the final balance now.

I always insist on 100% correct paperwork before I pay anything.  Once most companies have your money you go to the bottom of the heap if you try and sort out anything that isn't right.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

TA has issued a corrected invoice so I'm happy to pay the final balance now.

I always insist on 100% correct paperwork before I pay anything.  Once most companies have your money you go to the bottom of the heap if you try and sort out anything that isn't right.

Us too. I also take paper copies on board of the correct final invoice and copies of any bookings, pre purchases etc. We did some years ago pre order and pay for an in room bar set up which they had no record of…Simply getting out our printed sheet saved a lot of conversation…

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Us too. I also take paper copies on board of the correct final invoice and copies of any bookings, pre purchases etc. We did some years ago pre order and pay for an in room bar set up which they had no record of…Simply getting out our printed sheet saved a lot of conversation…

Absolutely. Since Covid we’ve been having 10 week trips to Europe to catch up the two years we were locked into Australia. I take paper copies of everything, as well as having copies on my phone/iPad. Makes for a lot of paperwork but I shed as we go. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Absolutely. Since Covid we’ve been having 10 week trips to Europe to catch up the two years we were locked into Australia. I take paper copies of everything, as well as having copies on my phone/iPad. Makes for a lot of paperwork but I shed as we go. 

Whilst we usually get rid of stuff as we go sometimes our travel wallet has arrived home intact and been left for a while…When sorting out a few weeks ago it was lovely to find our TP cruise wallet from 2014 complete with cruise documents, hotel bookings, Pearl Harbour trip booking and our Australian hotel bookings and even details on our restaurant bookings and a bus timetable on how to get to Bondi Beach! Brought back some happy memories…

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zgscl said:

It should show up in your charges as both a positive and negative number in the mess of promos that are as clear as mud to read. 

image.thumb.png.40f9387ccce81252fc09ad419e346577.png

Our codes are completely different!  Some codes are easy to work out but others give no clue at all. As you say, clear as mud. I don’t know why they can’t just spell it out so we understand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisingaussies said:

Our codes are completely different!  Some codes are easy to work out but others give no clue at all. As you say, clear as mud. I don’t know why they can’t just spell it out so we understand. 

I have tried googling some of the codes and can't find anything. And Yes, our invoices look nothing like this, that one is almost understandable. 

6 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Celebrity/Royal Caribbean's booking invoice is about the least helpful of all the ones I have seen in terms of figuring out what is or is not included. A lot of the perks don't appear on your booking until later either. Can you share the charges section of your invoice? Curious what it is showing. 

Props to Holland America - they actually use plain English to tell you what you have included. Wish X/Royal/NCL would do something similar. 

image.thumb.png.8f30d04ce429ce5c01d5f2dab85a9efc.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pushka said:

I have tried googling some of the codes and can't find anything. And Yes, our invoices look nothing like this, that one is almost understandable. 

Can you share the charges section of your invoice?

18 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Sure.  I did find NRD is non refundable deposit. 

IMG_0121.jpeg

So funny how different they look. At least on yours it specifies the the service charge is included. I do know the All Inc with BOGO 75% NRD was their promo from a while back where you got the always included and 75% off the 2nd guest which tracks with the discount on guest 2. 

I guess the difference may be due to having an Australian confirmation? I think there are some different legal requirements. 

15 minutes ago, zgscl said:

So funny how different they look. At least on yours it specifies the the service charge is included. I do know the All Inc with BOGO 75% NRD was their promo from a while back where you got the always included and 75% off the 2nd guest which tracks with the discount on guest 2. 

I guess the difference may be due to having an Australian confirmation? I think there are some different legal requirements. 

I haven't been faithful to Celebrity 😂 but have taken two cruises on Viking. Their invoice is clear and precise. Because they never do any deals. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, zgscl said:

Can you share the charges section of your invoice?

Here we are.  Most are understandable but I wish they'd just list what is included without the debit then credit nonsense.  I wonder what the All Included code will be now, that it all isn't!

All Incl perk w BOGO75 PCT NRD AUS
OBC up to 200 per person NRD AUS
TDQ5-PROMO2C 13N
TDQ6-BEVCLINGRA13
TDY5-Basic Wi-Fi
TDY6-Basic Wi-Fi
Taxes, fees, and port expense

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 5:35 PM, chemmo said:

Whilst we usually get rid of stuff as we go sometimes our travel wallet has arrived home intact and been left for a while…When sorting out a few weeks ago it was lovely to find our TP cruise wallet from 2014 complete with cruise documents, hotel bookings, Pearl Harbour trip booking and our Australian hotel bookings and even details on our restaurant bookings and a bus timetable on how to get to Bondi Beach! Brought back some happy memories…

Isn't wonderful and fun to find things like that.  I like the bus timetable for Bondi Beach!  I just dug out my travel diary from 1988, a road trip through France, which we're doing again next year.  I, like you, had airline tickets, entry tickets to some chateaux (useful as I want to re-visit one or two next year) etc.  I'd also noted most of the meals we had, mostly in the country and delicous.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Here we are.  Most are understandable but I wish they'd just list what is included without the debit then credit nonsense.  I wonder what the All Included code will be now, that it all isn't!

All Incl perk w BOGO75 PCT NRD AUS
OBC up to 200 per person NRD AUS
TDQ5-PROMO2C 13N
TDQ6-BEVCLINGRA13
TDY5-Basic Wi-Fi
TDY6-Basic Wi-Fi
Taxes, fees, and port expense

Interesting, from this nothing would suggest gratuities other than the All Inc.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:00 AM, zgscl said:

It should show up in your charges as both a positive and negative number in the mess of promos that are as clear as mud to read. 

image.thumb.png.40f9387ccce81252fc09ad419e346577.png

I'll take a stab a the translationg

Retreat Second Passenger 75% Discount with Non-Refundable Credit

Save on Best Offer -   $200 discount

Bonus On Board Credit  - No Charge

Retreat Discount    $148 Discount

The next 5 are debits and credits showing Free Gratuities, Freee Premium Beverage Package and Free Premium Wifi

Taxes and Fees

As for you other question - If you log onto your Booking - choose Manage Booking  -Click on anything like Shore Excursions etc -  Your NR OBC will show in top Right.    If you want to see what you have booked - click on initial in round circle and choose Order History -  If you see an item with Status Booked and Total Paid Zero that will be your Internet and Drink Package

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, cruisingaussies said:

You don't need to do anything.

Your booking papers will show AI.

Gratuities are charged to your folio each day.  If you have AI they will then be reversed (credited).  Makes total sense.  

That is necessary to move the gratuity money into the account that goes to the workers.  The charge and the credit result in a net ZERO 

On 10/11/2023 at 5:50 PM, zgscl said:

Interesting, from this nothing would suggest gratuities other than the All Inc.

Actually I did note this in my first post, sorry I didn't repeat it.  Outside the payment box is stated:

"a service charge for your dining and stateroom attendant are included."  

We just received confirmation for a Princess cruise and it couldn't have been stated more simply:

"As you have booked Princess Plus you will receive the following:
*Plus Beverage Package inclusive of bar service charge. For all guests under the drinking age, the Plus Coffee & Soda Package will be provided as an alternative. *Unlimited Wi-Fi for all guests in the cabin who have booked Princess Plus, one device per guest *Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation for all guests in the cabin who have booked Princess Plus
*Premium Desserts (2 per day) *Fitness Classes (2 classes)"

Seems that Celebrity prefer the smoke and mirrors approach.

• Like 1