clothing and shoes questions

Jetswdo

10 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

File this under things you shouldn't ask when you've had a few sharpeners...

So let me get this straight - folks are posting pictures of their footwear for approval ?

I don’t have time to approve everyone’s footwear.  I have work to do!  🥸

On 10/7/2023 at 7:50 PM, hcat said:

makes it easy to spot American tourists in Europe!

Not any more. Was in several European cities in May and we were hard pressed to see anything but athletic style shoes on men and women.  I am not talking about the huge chunky sneakers that we used to have, but today's sneakers are much more stylish and worn with many options.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

Not any more. Was in several European cities in May and we were hard pressed to see anything but athletic style shoes on men and women.  I am not talking about the huge chunky sneakers that we used to have, but today's sneakers are much more stylish and worn with many options.

I noticed the same on our 7 week trip to Europe in June/July. Athletic shoes / Sneakers everywhere but fewer white ones than our previous trip. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

I noticed the same on our 7 week trip to Europe in June/July. Athletic shoes / Sneakers everywhere but fewer white ones than our previous trip. 

Are you all talking about people walking around museums or eating dinner at a nice restaurant or going to a dance club?

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you all talking about people walking around museums or eating dinner at a nice restaurant or going to a dance club?

Happened to notice the difference during the day when we were out sightseeing. On our last  trip in 2018, white sneakers were everywhere. This time round there were a lot of neutral (taupe) and coloured sneakers on men and women, not as many in plain white.

To be honest though anything goes and I would just take the most comfortable and versatile shoes I own. Those cobble stone streets are hard on your feet! 

Just me, but if I was going to a very nice restaurant I probably wouldn’t wear sneakers.  I did make a note to take a pair of heels for evenings on the ship next time. There were quite a few passengers of all ages who dressed up for dinner, not just on chic nights. This was a European cruise on Apex. 

4 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

Happened to notice the difference during the day when we were out sightseeing. On our last  trip in 2018, white sneakers were everywhere. This time round there were a lot of neutral (taupe) and coloured sneakers on men and women, not as many in plain white.

To be honest though anything goes and I would just take the most comfortable and versatile shoes I own. Those cobble stone streets are hard on your feet! 

Just me, but if I was going to a very nice restaurant I probably wouldn’t wear sneakers.  I did make a note to take a pair of heels for evenings on the ship next time. There were quite a few passengers of all ages who dressed up for dinner, not just on chic nights. This was a European cruise on Apex.

How about these sneakers for chic night?

IMG_2262.png

On 10/10/2023 at 9:30 PM, Baggy178 said:

File this under things you shouldn't ask when you've had a few sharpeners...

So let me get this straight - folks are posting pictures of their footwear for approval ?

I posted to show off, actually.  🙂. Olukai's rule.  

Here is a video showing the evolution of fashion.   I don’t know about the evolution part.   It seems as if we are going backwards and downhill.   It lasts about 17 seconds 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alexey-navolokin-5420563_innovation-ai-fashion-ugcPost-7118239604528275456-TeLY?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅