Discovery in 18 days

Warrenf186

18 days to go and still no medallion delivered.  The app shows the order but no delivery.  Princess is telling me they ship 2 weeks in advance.  Also, can’t find a way to print the kuggage tags.  Same story from Princess that I’ll be able to lrint them from Medallion app 2 weeks before the cruise.

As someone who prefers ro have everything locked up in advance , this makes me nervous.  Is this normal, or Princess’ subrle hint to stat home?

Just now, Warrenf186 said:

18 days to go and still no medallion delivered.  The app shows the order but no delivery.  Princess is telling me they ship 2 weeks in advance.  Also, can’t find a way to print the kuggage tags.  Same story from Princess that I’ll be able to lrint them from Medallion app 2 weeks before the cruise.

As someone who prefers ro have everything locked up in advance , this makes me nervous.  Is this normal, or Princess’ subrle hint to stat home?

Medallions are shipped about 10-14 days before your cruise.  Patience.  Mine arrived 2 days before sailing.  Remember you can simply pickup at the pier.

Luggage tags - why worry about this.  You do NOT need them.  Simply check your luggage at the terminal.

For my last cruise, I received Medallions 10 days out.

To print luggage tags, log into Cruise Personalizer on princess.com, then Luggage Tags & Travel summary at the top of the page. Luggage tags are not in the Medallion app.

image.png.245262b9982f20c7256233610b9d29de.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Warrenf186 said:

Luggage tags are found in the Cruise Personalizer, under the Check In tab, look for "Luggage Tags and Travel Summary" If your trip is in 18 days, they should definitely be there and available for printing. And yes, you should print them out before you go, it's MUCH easier than trying to add tags at the pier, though that is possible, it's not something you would want to do. 

Edited by lx200gps

8 minutes ago, Warrenf186 said:

We usually get our OM about 10-11 days before sailing.  They will come either from Fedex or USPS.

You usually get a tracking number, so you can watch

it.

You can go on cruise personalizer, at the very top

of the page you’ll see

Luggage Tags and Travel Summary.

I highly recommend you print out both.  Luggage tags on your bags help to speed up the process.  Don’t wait around for the baggage handlers to tag your bag.  Some ports, they have you go in another line.  

Travel summary, gives you all your cruise details, in case their are any discrepancies OB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I highly recommend you print out both.  Luggage tags on your bags help to speed up the process. 

Travel summary, gives you all your cruise details, in case their are any discrepancies OB.

Agree with this advice 100% for both luggage tags and the Travel Summary.  Print or at least download your Travel Summary.  This is the primary doc that has all the info on your cruise -- itinerary, OBC, purchases, packages, excursions, etc.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Warrenf186 said:

18 days to go and still no medallion delivered.  The app shows the order but no delivery.  Princess is telling me they ship 2 weeks in advance.

You do realize that 18 days is MORE THAN two weeks, right?  So you are fretting BEFORE they are even supposed to be shipped.

Hey @Warrenf186, did you have a typo or using some other calculation, as the next Discovery sailings are the 14th, 21st or the 28th, thus being 6, 13 or 20 days away respectively. My guess is you are on the 28th sailing so there is still a lot of time for your medallion to be mailed, delivery is another story.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Medallions are shipped about 10-14 days before your cruise.  Patience.  Mine arrived 2 days before sailing.  Remember you can simply pickup at the pier.

Luggage tags - why worry about this.  You do NOT need them.  Simply check your luggage at the terminal.

What do you mean don’t worry about the luggage tags????

6 minutes ago, happy42cruise said:

I always print my luggage tags BUT other posters have said if you don't they will write out tags for you when you get to the pier, I like to have everything tagged so it arrives in our room asap.

Some posters have reported being sent to another line at the baggage drop, if they were tagless.  Why wait more time?

It usually is very busy at the bag drop.  Those handlers are trying to get bags quickly into the baggage cages.  More bags, more tips.

So simple to print and attach.

34 minutes ago, happy42cruise said:

...I even have the plastic sleeves to protect them in case of rain!

Didn't know there was such a thing. Do you remember where you got them? We cover with clear packing tape and staple. The tape keeps the staples from pulling through and losing the tag.

Edited by mtnesterz

20 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Didn't know there was such a thing. Do you remember where you got them? We cover with clear packing tape and staple. The tape keeps the staples from pulling through and losing the tag.

We use these.  You can check Amazon, Walmart, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Jollyants-Holders-Colorful-Reusable/dp/B07MX2WFB8/ref=asc_df_B07MX2WFB8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312149245357&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7938838173232532779&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010904&hvtargid=pla-646174493485&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=60226509297&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312149245357&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7938838173232532779&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010904&hvtargid=pla-646174493485

These are only $5.99.

image.thumb.png.e0eea52b4808b7b9b184973a0f9e0d7a.png

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, happy42cruise said:

I agree, I was just pointing out that not everyone does.  I even have the plastic sleeves to protect them in case of rain!

We've used them for years.  They are inexpensive and effective.  We even use the plastic tags with a trip itinerary and contact info inside our checked luggage whenever we travel just in case the outside tags are lost in transit.

@mtnesterz - different cruise lines have different size luggage tags so make sure you get the correct size.  Amazon lists the applicable cruise lines in their verbiage. 

https://a.co/d/dC9scfK

https://a.co/d/9UbKjdL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

I just use packing tape. Waterproof and very strong. The only way the tag is coming off is if a gorilla rips the handle off. Can't beat it.