Bringing Wine on Board with UBP

sunshine4me2

We have UBP for our Escape  Color cruise this Sunday

I know the wine needs to be in a tagged separate carry on when we get to pier.  

My question, do I hand over the wine package, along with my luggage,  when I get to the pier, or take it with me when I check in at the NCL check in counter along with my documents?

Hoping no tropical storms will be with us next week!

Thanks

I hope that your experience is different from what I recall on our most recent cruise (Star, Iceland to England, September). I noticed that people had to check in any wine/spirits you brought on board and the sign said you'd get them back at the end of the cruise, not on-call during the cruise. Perhaps there was some issue with local laws in Iceland, or perhaps I am not recalling the situation correctly. I was surprised that it seemed to be different from prior cruises.

2 hours ago, MkeCruzn said:

I hope that your experience is different from what I recall on our most recent cruise (Star, Iceland to England, September). I noticed that people had to check in any wine/spirits you brought on board and the sign said you'd get them back at the end of the cruise, not on-call during the cruise. Perhaps there was some issue with local laws in Iceland, or perhaps I am not recalling the situation correctly. I was surprised that it seemed to be different from prior cruises.

I can't speak to the wine part, but taking spirits until the end of the cruise is normal.  You can't bring spirits(or beer) onboard for consumption even with the drink package.

3 hours ago, sunshine4me2 said:

We have UBP for our Escape  Color cruise this Sunday

I know the wine needs to be in a tagged separate carry on when we get to pier.  

My question, do I hand over the wine package, along with my luggage,  when I get to the pier, or take it with me when I check in at the NCL check in counter along with my documents?

Hoping no tropical storms will be with us next week!

Thanks

Handcarry your wine. There will be a desk after security to check your bottles. Wine, you keep with you. 

• Like 1