Clarity on Barcelona docking location post mid October?

bison2013

8 minutes ago, portisheadblue said:

Today we received an email from Viking advising us that September 2024 cruise from Barcelona will now depart from Barcelona and not Taragonna  - so for that cruise it is now what we booked originally.

Could be the larger ships of other lines have been moved and now there is space.

• Like 1

Check out this website:

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/cruise-port/ships/viking/00-viking-cruise-ships-barcelona-port.html

I set it to look at Viking ships since I don't know which one you're on. I know the roll call that Liz was referencing in November is at dock B/Adossat (that big long pier).

There's a lot of good information about Barcelona in general and the harbor in particular. I'm glad I found it for our trip next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, odblnt said:

Check out this website:

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/cruise-port/ships/viking/00-viking-cruise-ships-barcelona-port.html

I set it to look at Viking ships since I don't know which one you're on. I know the roll call that Liz was referencing in November is at dock B/Adossat (that big long pier).

There's a lot of good information about Barcelona in general and the harbor in particular. I'm glad I found it for our trip next year.

Remember that whatever it says on the harbor website is subject to change between now and the time the ship actually docks.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Liz Masterson said:

The phone number is somewhere on your documents.

It is one of the bits of data included in the e-docs that are sent to guests about 2 weeks prior to sailing.

If you work with a TA, the e-docs may go to your TA to be forwarded to you. Check your Viking invoice; it will show you where your documents are being sent and you can ask your TA to have the edocs sent directly to you.

Just a word about Tarragona.  We embarked there in Sept 2022 instead of Barcelona.  We really enjoyed our visit there, especially since we have been lucky enough to visit, and stay, in Barcelona many times.

It made a very welcome change and the included tour was excellent.  There was also a shuttle.  We did the included then stayed on and took the shuttle back to the ship.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

I plan on checking on my MArine Traffic App the day of boarding... Also it is possible to call the ship. The phone number is somewhere on your documents.

Second the MarineTraffic approach! For a September/23 cruise on another line, both the harbour information AND my boarding pass were wrong - had us at Adossat Terminal D, when the ship actually docked at the World Trade Centre dock right downtown.

It helped that we could also see the ship from out hotel ... Trust, but verify on the day of departure! 🍺🥌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 10:50 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

Just a word about Tarragona.  We embarked there in Sept 2022 instead of Barcelona.  We really enjoyed our visit there, especially since we have been lucky enough to visit, and stay, in Barcelona many times.

It made a very welcome change and the included tour was excellent.  There was also a shuttle.  We did the included then stayed on and took the shuttle back to the ship.

I second the opinion on Tarragona.  We throughly enjoyed our unexpected stop there.  Lovely city with lots of ancient Roman ruins - lots to see and easy to walk around for miles!   Was quite refreshing after the hustle bustle of Barcelona on a previous trip!

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, bison2013 said:

Has anyone received an update from VO regarding dock location for Barcelona? Seems to be a mid October onwards change.

Spain ports topic doesn't have any updates except links to popular press articles.

I did try Viking chat but I was not able to get clarity.

Our final e-docs arrived today for the Nov 3 Barcelona - San Juan TA.

Your Cruise Dock Location
VIKING SEA
Cruise Terminal
Moll Adossat, The Palacruceros
Barcelona, Spain

The "big long pier" @odblnt referenced in an earlier post. And thanks for the link - great information.

• Like 2