10-12-23 Thursday Weigh-In Have We learned New Eating Habits This Year

Belle

Have you found out something new to help you?

Have you found different foods that help you stay full but not gain weight?

Did you discover drinking more water helped you or not?

Does exercise make a difference with you losing or not?

Can you have a few bites of dessert, candy and quit eating it now you're trying to lose?

What food have you replace for another to help you lose?

Any foods you don't eat anymore?

Do you eat everything but less of it?

Do you eat more salads and veggies?

More meat or less?

So here are some things to think about. Please if have good tips tell, we're all trying to lose.

Wishing everyone a good weigh-in today.

Thanks for starting the thread Belle!  I finally remembered that today was Thursday and I actually weighed myself this morning.  Unfortunately, I stayed the same .... I was hoping for a loss.  I will probably weigh myself tomorrow too!  We leave on Saturday at 5:30 in the morning!  Hate early mornings, but so looking forward to this cruise!

Hope everyone had a good week.  Jan

PS - I have been doing portion control, not eating chocolate and doing some exercising!

Belle  thanks for a great start to the week.   
Jan staying the same is great.

im totally out of control. Stress eating. Plan today is  clear out the junk and clean fridge.  Morning BP still high .   Having sleeping issues.    My TX son is sooooo stressed (trying to hide it - but who won’t be concerned having his dad  and  brother having strokes 3 months apart ). TN son  going to rehab today.   Mobility issues left side.  Has discovered he has some cognitive issues  which is very concerning since he’s a manager at citi group.  —- 

• Like 1

On my birthday my doctor sent the results, it’s benign yay. I was able to relax and enjoy my party and afterwards went on a date with my ex. We rekindled our relationship and it was nice to show off the weight loss to someone haven’t seen since my heaviest. 

I am not home today so I’ll use my weight from yesterday. I lost 3lb in 6 days. It was a really good week and spending time at home sewing helped make the weight loss a reality.

What finally helped me start loosing weight was seeing my doctor and being prescribed meds. I now don’t always think about food, I make smart decisions, eat smaller portions and stop when I’m full. No food is banned but I’m happy with eating a few bites of ice cream only instead of eating the entire large cone before I even realize it’s gone. I wouldn’t recommend meds for those who only have a little to loose but for me with nearly 100lb to drop to get to my “ideal weight” and having tried every diet before this is what finally worked.

• Like 1

Jan---Staying the same is good, know a loss is better but no gain before

your cruise. Sat. almost here. Yes 5:30 is to early. Forgot where are you

cruising to? Also, nice to see you on a Thursday.😊Good job on not eating chocolate

and exercising.

Izena...So sorry you're having so much stress. When our "kids" no matter how

old are sick or anything we worry. Didn't know ex and son had strokes 3 months apart.

Tx son, doesn't mean it's going to happen to him. Also was thinking even if

son says doesn't want visitors, you're his mother, if you want to see him, GO. Bet down

deep he would be happy to see you.

Solo---Nice birthday gift, benign. Good loss. Nice your doctor gave you meds for

weight loss, most don't. Nice you're feeling like eating less and stop when full.

That's what we all should do and know we're all trying.

Me---I lost a pound. One more weigh-in before cruise. Like to lose at least a pound.

That would make four weeks in a row with a loss Then Cruise Food. Tomorrow 

going out to eat with the "kids". Owe them a birthday dinner.

Let's do our best this week.

Edited by Belle

Looking😀 don't see anyone in here today.

Jan--I missed you, sure your asleep for your early wake up. If you're reading.

Bon Voyage

Had dinner and nice visit with the" kids" tonight. Had steak brought half home for Sat.

Terri--Don't know if you left yet for your cruise. Bon Voyage to you to.

Congrats on clothes being to big, hope you found another one.

Have a good weekend.

Edited by Belle

Belle good loss.   I’m fine with communicating with DIL and son by phone and text.  Communication with DIL by text and phone has improved.  She is already stressed to the max. She’s only 44  -  out of respect for both of them will stay home  -  

Terri wow 3 lbs.  glad your able to portion control all foods.

No wt loss meds for me.  ( would be afraid when I stopped weight would come right back). I laugh i don’t have any sensors that say I’m hungry or full.  As far as sweets will eat them till they are out of the house.   The weather has greatly improved and getting in more walks.  My new gas meter gets installed today which means I will have a functioning generator  - no more power losses

Hello on this Sunday. Hope your having a good day.

Izena hope your son is doing better each day. Glad you can text and phone

and he answers back. Glad you got your gas meter installed.

Like you my downfall is sweets. Ice cream and Chocolate. Sometimes I have just a little

and be happy (trying for that) and sometimes not.

Hope to hear from the rest of you and say how your weekend is going.

I need to start getting things ready for my cruise but so lazy lately.

Weather has been gorgeous.  My  legs are achy from walking.  Talked with son last night he sounds great.   His coping mechanism is having a positive attitude working puzzles to stimulate his brain and  working in the rehab gym  during off hours.  

Izena so glad your son sounds good and has a good attitude. He's doing the

work, that's great.

Happy your weather is good and you can walk outside. Sorry legs are achy.

Hello to the rest of you too. Did everyone have a good weekend eating wise.

I semi did, no gain, most important.