Aqua class cruise only fares - estimated prices for drinks and wifi?

zitsky

On 10/13/2023 at 6:16 AM, the penguins said:

There are more variations to consider:

1) if 1 person buys a drinks package you both have to do so.

2) your CC status - 

Elite gives you water in unopened bottles/cans between 5 and 7 - enough to last the next day. 

Elite+ gives you the water and unlimited speciality teas/coffees/ hot chocolate. 

Both gives free drinks from 5 to 7 from a limited range. Also free sparkling wine, bloody Mary's and mimosas at the Elite Breakfast 

3) Elite status also gives free premium WiFi (90 or 240 minutes). Share one package once it's gone decide if your remaining minutes will last or you can buy a full package for the remaining days "trading" your Free minutes as a discount. We have never used our 90 x 2  free minutes. Free WiFi is available in every port - follow the crew for the best deals.

For us, Elite+ who don't drink any alcohol, there was never any value in AI. 

No right or wrong just choose what suits you.

Someone who is elite has a very different choice to make. However, many of us aren't elite and I assume OP is in that boat since they aren't considering free elite drinks as a factor. 

2 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Someone who is elite has a very different choice to make. However, many of us aren't elite and I assume OP is in that boat since they aren't considering free elite drinks as a factor. 

Which is what I said and why it's great that X dropped compolsary AI (except for suites) thereby enabling every one to choose what works for them. No right or wrong, just options.

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Which is what I said and why it's great that X dropped compolsary AI (except for suites) thereby enabling every one to choose what works for them. No right or wrong, just options.

I don't think anyone said that dropping the AI is a bad thing. Not sure what you getting elite perks has to do with the topic of the OP trying to decide whether AI is right for them. 

No I’m not elite on Celebrity.

I have no problem if the math is right.  Say tips/drinks/wifi are $2000 and cruise only is $10,000.  Now if the pre 10/4 price was $12,000 then that is fair.  But that’s not what seems to be happening.  Also I do a spreadsheet when I book cruises but I really just like having one price for a cruise to accept or reject.

I ran the numbers on our Bali 2025 cruise thinking about going down to Aqua from our current Sky Suite.  We’d save money by doing cruise only.  But with cruise only we’d only save $3-4K by going down to Aqua.  We have a lot of OBC and we’d lose that.  So I’ve decided to keep our Sky Suite unless there is a big drop in Aqua prices.

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I don't think anyone said that dropping the AI is a bad thing. Not sure what you getting elite perks has to do with the topic of the OP trying to decide whether AI is right for them. 

There were several posts setting out ways of how to evaluate the value of AI and whether or not it was worth the cost.

I simply pointed out that in addition to the ways mentioned your CC status will also have a bearing on the value of the AI package. For example we are Elite+, do not drink any form of alcohol and do not need unlimited WiFi therefore the AI package is of zero benefit to us.

There are passengers who have posted that they choose AI not because they drink that amount but because they don't want to be bothered signing slips and checking their account. Others opt to upgrade to Premium for the same reason.

X has not dropped AI what it has dropped is compolsary AI (except for suites) which, as I said, is great as it leaves everyone free to choose.

On 10/12/2023 at 1:50 PM, PTC DAWG said:

If you want a drinks package, AI is almost always a better deal. 

Primary exception being if you're a solo in a non-solo cabin. If you look at AI for a solo in anything other than a designated solo cabin, you're being charged for 2 drink packages and 2 wifi packages.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:
On 10/12/2023 at 1:50 PM, PTC DAWG said:

If you want a drinks package, AI is almost always a better deal. 

Primary exception being if you're a solo in a non-solo cabin. If you look at AI for a solo in anything other than a designated solo cabin, you're being charged for 2 drink packages and 2 wifi packages.

Even for double occupancy it can work out cheaper not doing AI, depending on the type of fare you end up with. Often times the resident rate, exciting deals, or possibly other group rates, you can add Premium beverage and Premium wifi for less than the cost of AI, which is also just basic package and standard wifi. Obviously this is for us unwashed masses in concierge and below (well aqua and below with AI dropped). Although I have never had to find out, I believe purchasing separately they are also refundable in the case you have to cancel at least a few days out, not sure if last minute. So no reason to carry the extra travel insurance on the cost of those packages vs AI.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 1:41 PM, zitsky said:

Now that Aqua class offers cruise only fares does anyone have numbers on what cost is for Classic/Premium drink package and Basic/Streaming wifi?  We would "save" $1500 on a 12 night cruise.  We have done Aqua before.  I get the feeling we'd be better off paying separately for drinks/wifi.

My math always works out to how much you drink a day, and most of the time - perks are not worth for us. We pay when we want something. So, now  Celebrity have a path to charge more for the cruise only, since they see that  more people are booking cruise only in different categories, so they are including AQ in the mix.