Yacht Club Food Allergy Question

burdcats

My family and I will be sailing on the Meraviglia on November 13 in the Yacht Club. We originally booked a normal balcony, but upgraded once we realized that Yacht club has their own restaurant and this was still half the cost of a Disney Cruise. 

My question is: Has anyone had Celiac and traveled in the Yacht Club? My son and daughter and I are all Celiac and we have very severe reactions. Disney was GREAT with food safety. Royal was pretty good too apart from the first night on one of the cruises etc. So just looking for some actual feedback on that. Thanks!

I know that the YC restaurant staff will be more than able to handle GF dietary requirements, but just make sure to review your needs on embarkation with staff (the maitre 'd or assistant should be near the Top Sail Lounge when you board).  There was a review of GF on MSC last year.  This was not for YC, but will give you an idea.  I'm sure YC will outdo the experience for you and your family.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/gluten-free-msc-cruises/

• Like 1

I was just on the yacht club Seaside and the first thing they did after they seated us for lunch was if there was any food allergies. They seem quite serious about the question but we didn't have any so I can't speak for the experience. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

MSC is serious about food allergies. For non-YC, they have a totally separate section in the galley to prepare foods for those with allergies. Made a huge thing about it on the tour. 

That’s amazing! They do a tour? Is that something you can book onboard?

What other lines call "Behind the Fun" or "Behind the Scene" tour. It is only available to book on board and is limited to a group of 40. There is an age limit you have to be above a certain age for minors, no open shoes/cameras/cell phones etc.

They split it into two tours on two different days and the price is split as well.

There is a tour of the engine control room/navigation bridge on one day, a port day so it may impact your plans.

The other tour is over the stage/dressing rooms, main galley, one of the laundry rooms and various storage rooms. The theater portion was impressive as you are on stage and they run a section of show with all the lighting and backdrops. All done on a sea day.

The ECR/Bridge they split the group into two one set does ECR and the other the Bridge you pass each other in the hallway. The other tour its one group, you are required to done protective coverings before entering the galley.

I think it was $48 per person per tour, the total two were under $100. Don't wait for it to be advertised in the daily, just go to the Shore-X desk or the Concierge if in YC to make a reservation. You don't have to do it as soon as you get on board just wait for the crowds to die down and then do it. 

Only engine control room that is above the waterline that I've seen, they even have two portholes, It is amazing the engineers can survive the sunlight.

Oh and ask them about the retractable funnels, at high tide they have to retract them to fit under the Verrazzano. 

We did get a picture with the Captian on the bridge as well but could not find out where to pick them up. The photo place didn't know what we were talking about.

Edited by Brighton Line

2 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

What other lines call "Behind the Fun" or "Behind the Scene" tour. It is only available to book on board and is limited to a group of 40. There is an age limit you have to be above a certain age for minors, no open shoes/cameras/cell phones etc.

They split it into two tours on two different days and the price is split as well.

There is a tour of the engine control room/navigation bridge on one day, a port day so it may impact your plans.

The other tour is over the stage/dressing rooms, main galley, one of the laundry rooms and various storage rooms. The theater portion was impressive as you are on stage and they run a section of show with all the lighting and backdrops. All done on a sea day.

The ECR/Bridge they split the group into two one set does ECR and the other the Bridge you pass each other in the hallway. The other tour its one group, you are required to done protective coverings before entering the galley.

I think it was $48 per person per tour, the total two were under $100. Don't wait for it to be advertised in the daily, just go to the Shore-X desk or the Concierge if in YC to make a reservation. You don't have to do it as soon as you get on board just wait for the crowds to die down and then do it. 

Only engine control room that is above the waterline that I've seen, they even have two portholes, It is amazing the engineers can survive the sunlight.

Oh and ask them about the retractable funnels, at high tide they have to retract them to fit under the Verrazzano. 

We did get a picture with the Captian on the bridge as well but could not find out where to pick them up. The photo place didn't know what we were talking about.

This is AMAZING and so thorough. Thank you so much for replying. Looks like we might have to do this.

On 10/13/2023 at 9:40 AM, dexddd said:

Welcome to CC.  We've done at least six Disney.  Pretty much any line half of them but they can sustain prices.

I had a CC account from 10 years ago, but I couldn't unlock it for some reason LOL. Disney used to be so good. We loved our first Disney. Post pandemic was another story.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:39 AM, burdcats said:

We originally booked a normal balcony, but upgraded once we realized that Yacht club has their own restaurant and this was still half the cost of a Disney Cruise. 

That’s insane.  Even for Disney. 

On 10/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, KennyFla said:

That’s insane.  Even for Disney. 

So we have 7 people. Disney charges the same price for every passenger. So a balcony 7 night for me and my family is about $14,000-$16,000. A YC 7 night for me and my family is about $8,000-$9,000 for a suite.