Luggage Tags?

kerota

If it comes down to it, they will put tags on when you check your luggage on the pier. I had seen the tags in my account but was not by a printer at the time and then ended up completely forgetting until we were on the way to the port in our hired car. They had a guy at a table with blank tags that he put on the bags when we got on. 

1 hour ago, kerota said:

Thank you for your response. When I click on "View and print your documents" it says "You have no cruise documents available". The cruise is to Labadee.

They usually appear 30 days out.

You should receive them over the course of the next week. I have a cruise on November 06th where the cruise documents and luggage tags are available to print. I also have another a week later on the 13th that aren’t yet available. They will be imminently. 

Your luggage tags you will probably want to print in colour (Color?) The documents (which includes a luggage tag) you might want to print in Black & White. The cover page is a heavy drain on your Cyan (blue) ink cartridge!! 🤦🏻‍♂️👍

4 hours ago, Jetdriver787 said:

Your luggage tags you will probably want to print in colour (Color?) The documents (which includes a luggage tag) you might want to print in Black & White. The cover page is a heavy drain on your Cyan (blue) ink cartridge!! 🤦🏻‍♂️👍

Yes, I print mine in color, thinking it makes the job a bit easier for the crew /ups my chances of getting my things more quickly /correctly. 

But printing in color is expensive!  So I send mine to the UPS Store to print -- just send a file digitally, then pick up my printing (my UPS store is in the Target parking lot, so it's convenient).  I just had them print a two-page document for me -- my boarding passes + a page of luggage tags.  I think it cost about $1.20 (and that was on heavy paper, which I don't have at home).  

At home I laminate my luggage tags.  I have a great little laminator (a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law years ago), which is useful more often than you'd expect.  

Color used to be helpful to the longshoreman, but it doesn't seem to make any difference today.  They used to have multiple carts separated by color, and checked a color chart. The main reason was your deck section.

Black and white, color doesn't matter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kerota said:

I'm cruising first time on Royal Caribbean on Nov 15.  I've accessed my boarding pass online but there's no sign of luggage tags. How do I get them? Thanks

Luggage tags become available 30 days prior to the cruise.  So yours should be issued early next week.

4 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, I print mine in color, thinking it makes the job a bit easier for the crew /ups my chances of getting my things more quickly /correctly. 

But printing in color is expensive!  So I send mine to the UPS Store to print -- just send a file digitally, then pick up my printing (my UPS store is in the Target parking lot, so it's convenient).  I just had them print a two-page document for me -- my boarding passes + a page of luggage tags.  I think it cost about $1.20 (and that was on heavy paper, which I don't have at home).  

At home I laminate my luggage tags.  I have a great little laminator (a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law years ago), which is useful more often than you'd expect.  

It costs about 2 cents to print a color luggage tag at home

• Like 1