Casual Dining - Plus Package

Tedferg

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

As explained, we ordered two apps each and split a pizza.  
We weren’t charged for the extra app .. we declined dessert as we couldn’t even finish what we had ordered.  No worries, I hate wasting food so we took the extra half a pizza to our room to finish it in the morning.  
Now, the price fixed menu states we can each order one starter, while we each had 2.  
Maybe it was just the restaurant manager that was there but he knew us well by the time we disembarked so towards the end of the cruise, they didn’t even have to ask for our cabin number,  anyway, just trying to find out how it all works.  BTW, we never went to the MDR for dinner once so, we were trying to figure out how it all worked so we could report back.  

So I presume they substituted the extra App in lieu of a Dessert.

And it sounds like you were assessed two CD visits even though you did not have two full Prix Fixe meals.  Or am I misunderstanding?  I don't see how you could be charged only one visit and not pay anything extra.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not sure what the order change for sushi means, but I would say any guest - including Premier - who orders beyond what is allowed in the Prix Fixe selections (type and quantity), then they would have an extra A La Carte charge for the additional item(s).  IMO, it should never result in the entire order being charged A La Carte.  A Premier could avoid the extra charge - IMO - if they dined and left and then lined up again to come back in for a second go.  Afterall, they have UNLIMITED access and nothing the rules indicates a max count per day AFAIK.

That’s exactly where the confusion was.  There was a substitution they wanted .. they were a bit perturbed because they were told they couldn’t substitute one type of sushi for another.  
There is definitely a learning curve right now.  They ended up going to guest services and were not charged.  
it will all be ironed out, I’m sure ., but it may take some time.  

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So I presume they substituted the extra App in lieu of a Dessert.

And it sounds like you were assessed two CD visits even though you did not have two full Prix Fixe meals.  Or am I misunderstanding?  I don't see how you could be charged only one visit and not pay anything extra.

We had the premier package so there was no issue.  I really don’t know what we were charged but was attempting to find out for the sake of those with the plus package.  
I am not sure if it was a communication barrier or if they were trying to minimize any bad reviews, but the restaurant manager said we were ok.  We were very well taken care of, BTW.  
there is no place on the app to let us know how many of our casual or specialty dining had been used, 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

That’s exactly where the confusion was.  There was a substitution they wanted .. they were a bit perturbed because they were told they couldn’t substitute one type of sushi for another.  
There is definitely a learning curve right now.  They ended up going to guest services and were not charged.  
it will all be ironed out, I’m sure ., but it may take some time.  

Gotcha.  Yes, that seems absurd and glad they got it quashed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We had the premier package so there was no issue.  I really don’t know what we were charged but was attempting to find out for the sake of those with the plus package.  
I am not sure if it was a communication barrier or if they were trying to minimize any bad reviews, but the restaurant manager said we were ok.  We were very well taken care of, BTW.  
there is no place on the app to let us know how many of our casual or specialty dining had been used, 

Gotcha.  Of course, as stated earlier, it doesn't matter what you or they do when guest is on Premier.  The only charge I see is if a couple ordered a Prix Fixe meal each, plus an extra dessert.  They should/would be charge for the extra dessert at a la carte cost.  Same as ordering a drink with meal.

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Package states two MEALS per guest not VISITS. IMO one person should be able to order one pizza and share it with their cabin mate. This should not constitute sharing. 

Well, what they settle on may not be just that and it’s not up to you are me.  
When the premier package allows us 2 specialty dining meals per visit, we never expect to be able to share one meal … it’s charged by butts that are seated.  
When you go to a restaurant with a cover charge pp, that’s exactly how it is charged, per person.  I won’t be outraged regardless of how they charge.  
What I do like is that I can still go in and order a la carte if I choose when I’m on the plus package or standard package.  

• Like 6

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

Well, what they settle on may not be just that and it’s not up to you are me.  
When the premier package allows us 2 specialty dining meals per visit, we never expect to be able to share one meal … it’s charged by butts that are seated.  
When you go to a restaurant with a cover charge pp, that’s exactly how it is charged, per person.  I won’t be outraged regardless of how they charge.  
What I do like is that I can still go in and order a la carte if I choose when I’m on the plus package or standard package.  

Agree and I am not outraged either. My initial post was simply to say how the package is working versus previous speculation that I had seen. You make a good point that one would not expect to share a Specialty Dinner. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Package states two MEALS per guest not VISITS. IMO one person should be able to order one pizza and share it with their cabin mate. This should not constitute sharing. 

You can do that.  Buy the Pizza a la carte for $8.50 and save your CD credits for another time.  If you are never going to get more of a meal, may as well burn the credits.  I'd probably get two pizzas and take one to go.  May as well get something out of it.

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

This  needs to be ironed out.

It sounds like this is more than a 'how to order' issue.

If they are going to double charge a couple's account for sharing a pizza, that is a problem.

'SHARING' should apply to somebody who has paid for a package, of any kind, sharing to provide for another guest who has NOT purchased a package.

If this is two people in the same cabin, with the same package, to DOUBLE CHARGE the PLUS account is kind of ridiculous.

Would Princess actually prefer that guests order TWO full meals that they will not be able to eat, and then they have lost revenue because they have blatant waste?

I would venture to say that MANY couples share that pizza.

You have paid for that package.

You are NOT sharing to provide for somebody who has not paid for a package.

Has Princess gone nuts, completely OVERBOARD with this nickle and dime strategy, to the point that even those who have paid for packages are being 'overcharged'.

While I agree that it’s all too much food, the included meals at the casual dining venues are consistent with the other specialty restaurants I suppose. I’d never eat all the courses included at the Crown Grill but there is no option for sharing or a la carte ordering. It’s a straight over charge for a price fixe meal. What confuses the issue is that the casual dining venues also have a la carte options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

While I agree that it’s all too much food, the included meals at the casual dining venues are consistent with the other specialty restaurants I suppose. I’d never eat all the courses included at the Crown Grill but there is no option for sharing or a la carte ordering. It’s a straight over charge for a price fixe meal. What confuses the issue is that the casual dining venues also have a la carte options.

Need to pull a Jack.

Google "Jack Nicholson Five Easy Pieces Toast"

We will be on The Enchanted next month. We are plus, but we would never use the entire Prix Fixe menu. We only ever go to GiGi’s for the pasta stuffed with veal in the sage butter sauce. I guess we can use our one credit to just get that, and pay for the others going forward.  I can barely finish the one pasta dish, let alone the appetizer and dessert. LOL. 

It’s not that big of a deal, I suppose. The cruise lines are still bleeding from COVID. Our stock is still sitting right where we bought it, basically, when it was low. 

The problem is, once they are completely flush again, these won’t go back to where it once was.