Is IVISA a legitimate place to obtain a visitor visa

We are traveling to Sydney to board the Majestic Princess end of January and am confused by obtaining a visitor's visa for U.S. passport holders.  We have visited twice and I believe I used IVISA to apply for our visitors visa but cannot locate that information to be sure.  It seems that you are now supposed to apply for your ETA via a mobile app.  Some members of our party do not have a smart phone so the online application would be so much easier.  Anyone else used IVISA with successful results?  Thanks for any help!

Thanks!  This is the site that wants you to use the app however some in my party cannot apply via the app.  So they need to apply on line which is so much more expensive.  I am trying to figure out if I can apply for her using my app.  Not everyone in the world has a smart phone!  It has changed since our last visit in 2020.  

To add, the commission isn't the main consideration.

You would expect government sites to store your information correctly & securely, and not to on sell any of your information to a 3rd party. There is not the same level of assurance for a 3rd party site. There is also a lack of an "about us" page to confirm where they physically operate from. Our Privacy Policy in iVisa.com

Not saying they are good or bad, but there are added risks to handing over your personal information to a 3rd party. Not many regulars on this part of the forum apply for Australian visas or ETA's through official channels, let alone having personal experience with 3rd party sites.

From what I understand, to obtain an Australian ETA, it has to be done through the official government app according to Australian government websites - ETA Only Through App

Important information about the ETA

All ETA-eligible passport holders must apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app. For more information, see our Step by step guide.
If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs.

The US Embassy website in Australia has the same information. 

As for applying for your friend's ETA using your phone - I can't see a problem with it, as the ETA is in your passport, not on your phone. Travel agents can apply for their clients' ETA but have extra steps from what I can see. I guess the only way to find out is try it. Just make sure you have all the information you require and have your friend with you while you are doing it. I think they will need access to their email address. 

Good luck. 

20 hours ago, farmgirl63 said:

Thanks!  This is the site that wants you to use the app however some in my party cannot apply via the app.  So they need to apply on line which is so much more expensive.  I am trying to figure out if I can apply for her using my app.  Not everyone in the world has a smart phone!  It has changed since our last visit in 2020.  

Yes, you can apply for your friends visa on your app on your phone. The phone app allows you to take a photo of the passport and of the passport holder. It is then attached electronically to the passport so no actual visa is required.

Our government also realises that not everyone owns their own phone but most have access to one.

Just like obtaining any countries visa, there are many sites that offer the service for you and for a fee, there are also many scam sites that will just take your money. Always use an official government site unless you want to pay extra.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601