Emerald Princess Planks & Steamers?

canadarocks

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Anyone currently on or just off the Emerald that can comment on if these two are open, and if so when and can you reserve seating ahead of time? 

Yes, they're open. They alternate each night. Booking only available aboard - can't be booked in advance. DINE line, etc. 

IIRC - 5-9 or 10 or so for hours.. dinner only. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, they're open. They alternate each night. Booking only available aboard - can't be booked in advance. DINE line, etc. 

IIRC - 5-9 or 10 or so for hours.. dinner only. 

can you share if you pay for 1?

4 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Curious if either has been busy since reopening and the new Casual Dining option?

Busy every night on CB, reservations were strongly encouraged.

Emerald, not sure how busy they e been, but I'd expect similar.

They're the only two ships with these 2 options.. 

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

Busy every night on CB, reservations were strongly encouraged.

Emerald, not sure how busy they e been, but I'd expect similar.

They're the only two ships with these 2 options.. 

I expected that... hopefully they'll figure out how to put it on the app for pre-booking. 

2 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

I expected that... hopefully they'll figure out how to put it on the app for pre-booking. 

Hopefully not. Casual dining - Kai Sushi, Ocean Terrace, Alfredos, Salty Dog, Gigi's, O'Malley, Vines - I would definitely definitely not have to make reservations in advance of sailing - sorts defeats the purpose of casual. 

I can just see people's frustration with having to book Vines months in advance. Or Ocean Terrace months in advance.  

Pretty sure Planks and Steamers do reservations currently because they're somewhat smaller non-dedicated specific spaces, that they alternate nightly (so not as available as the others) and are still relatively new to being opened back up - and, not as many options on either Emerald or Caribbean. Vines is the only other option- so you essentially have one full time casual venue and 2 only available half the time for dinner only. Makes sense there's a bit of a crush for those who want to use their dining credits or such.. 

Hopefully, they don't make reservations available in advance... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Is the Salty Dog Gastropub available on the Emerald (in the Wheelhouse Bar)? Maybe as a pop-up?

Right, I always forget about that one as again, not a dedicated venue, and only dinner time.

And, price drop with the recent changes! ($18 to $14.99 - I never see anyone comment on that! Lol).

Happy sails 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just off Emerald Saturday. Planks and Steamers alternate nights they are offered.We made reservations in person on Monday for Planks on Friday. I know you didn’t ask, but we were not impressed with Planks and will not eat there again. Brisket very fatty, Mac and cheese flavorless, small portions of beans and colelsaw, chocolate dessert was so sweet we could only eat 2 bites. Maybe steamers is better. Salty Dog Gastropub was in part of the Wheelhouse bar and appeared to open every night.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Can I ask, what did you think of dinner there? 😊

The food was great!  We went on the first night of the cruise and there was an Effy event going on at the same time at the Wheelhouse bar so it was busy and we did wait a bit for the food but not terribly long.  We would definitely eat there again. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...