Red Ginger Not Showing as Available

Tidalmist

Hi all,

I am sailing on the Vista on Dec.1 and since we are now 45 days from sailing I was able to choose speciality dining however Red Ginger was not available to choose. Does anyone out there know why this happened and what my next steps should be?

1 minute ago, Tidalmist said:

Hi all,

I am sailing on the Vista on Dec.1 and since we are now 45 days from sailing I was able to choose speciality dining however Red Ginger was not available to choose. Does anyone out there know why this happened and what my next steps should be?

Not showing when you want and for a couple only? Or are you saying that every hour of every day sharing a table is not available?

i’m betting it’s not the latter and there is some availability though not your preference.

That said, I suggest you grab what you can and head to the reservation desk on embark day since they do hold some spots available for folks who didn’t prebook. There you can trade reservations.

it could be others have booked  all the time slots

check again in a day or so

also check Sharing  sometimes that will show more time slots

I was able to switch some  sharing tables to 2 tops  about a week or so  after

just keep checking

There are two ways to make dinner reservations. Online or by calling O customer service. Online has failed you for Red Ginger. Perhaps customer service can make the reservation. If so, you are in competition with others for time slots. Therefore, I suggest you call O as soon as possible. Hopefully they can either make the reservation or tell you why there is a problem getting one at Red Ginger. In any case, due to possible time sensitivity, asking the question on CC or contacting your TA is the wrong way to initially address your issue, IMHO.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2023 at 1:51 AM, Tidalmist said:

Hi all,

I had a similar experience for the December 1 cruise. The "boards" advised I stay up or wake up at 12:01AM on the day reservations open but I failed and went on-line around 6AM.  Tables for 2 were only available at 9 or 9:30PM across the board.  By selecting "sharing" I was able to find some more amenable times (we do not like to eat late) but my "plan" ( prefer sea days etc.) went out the window.

Even though we are not interested I took a look at "cooking class" reservations and they were basically sold out.   All in all, a bit of downer for a "luxury" cruise. 

8 minutes ago, LDEE said:

I had a similar experience for the December 1 cruise. The "boards" advised I stay up or wake up at 12:01AM on the day reservations open but I failed and went on-line around 6AM.  Tables for 2 were only available at 9 or 9:30PM across the board.  By selecting "sharing" I was able to find some more amenable times (we do not like to eat late) but my "plan" ( prefer sea days etc.) went out the window.

Just  go back into the  speciatly res & keep checking

I was able to get 2 tops earlier  after  a week or so of booking

If all else fails  ask once onboard   at the desk on Deck 5