I just noticed there is no Tuscan Grill on Edge class ships

CruisinShips

Just now, CruisinShips said:

Sorry...I now see there is a complimentary venue called Tuscan.  How does it compare to Tuscan Grill on the S-class ships?

Its just one of the 4 main dining venues on Edge class, it is not a specialty restaurant.   Runs the same menus as the other 3 main dining rooms but does have a couple unique items for there.  But you can also order any of the "special" item menus from any of the 4 main.  

53 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Its just one of the 4 main dining venues on Edge class, it is not a specialty restaurant.   Runs the same menus as the other 3 main dining rooms but does have a couple unique items for there.  But you can also order any of the "special" item menus from any of the 4 main.  

We found Tuscan on Apex to be very good along with Cosmopolitan, and we're big Luminae fans so that's our go-to. We didn't try Cyprus or Normandie but if Tuscan and Cosmopolitan are any indication, I think you should be fine. Of course, with things changing one never know.

22 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

We found Tuscan on Apex to be very good along with Cosmopolitan, and we're big Luminae fans so that's our go-to. We didn't try Cyprus or Normandie but if Tuscan and Cosmopolitan are any indication, I think you should be fine. Of course, with things changing one never know.

Luminae is our go-to as well, but I am looking for somewhere that has Italian/Pasta choices...

3 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

Sorry...I now see there is a complimentary venue called Tuscan.  How does it compare to Tuscan Grill on the S-class ships?

The Tuscan Restaurant on the E-Class is the same as the other 3 MDR.   Each have a signature Appetizer, Main and Desert representative of the theme,  but you can order any of the 4 from any of the MDR's. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

Thanks.  So bottom line is there is no Italian food venue on Edge class ships.  Thanks for the feedback.

I will say that we had some of the best pizza on a cruise ship on Edge after a long night out, but we had a great dedicated butler who took excellent care of us.....those were the days! Also, on Apex they had made to order pasta along with the always being made fresh pizza at the end of OVC right before you go outside. 

I'm reading conflicting reports...some are saying Tuscan is just like the other 3 "MDR" venues, and the Celebrity videos and other video reviews call it the Italian venue with pastas and Italian offerings.  Maybe someone who has recently been on the Apex and dined in Tuscan can shed some light?

21 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

I'm reading conflicting reports...some are saying Tuscan is just like the other 3 "MDR" venues, and the Celebrity videos and other video reviews call it the Italian venue with pastas and Italian offerings.  Maybe someone who has recently been on the Apex and dined in Tuscan can shed some light?

Tuscan Restaurant is on "E" class, and is one of the MDR restaurants.  Tuscan Grill is on "S" and "M" class ships and is an Italian specialty restaurant. 

Edited by Texed
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Texed said:

Tuscan Restaurant is on "E" class, and is one of the MDR restaurants.  Tuscan Grill is on "S" and "M" class ships and is an Italian specialty restaurant. 

Yes, I noted that I knew that...it didn't answer my question.  I know the difference in the restaurants, but my lack of clarity is that the Celebrity video about APEX dining venues states it (Tuscan) is one of the four free MDRs, but it also says it features Italian foods (and it says Normandie has French food, and Cypress has Greek dishes).  But responses here indicated the four are all pretty much the same food.

4 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Yes, I noted that I knew that...it didn't answer my question.  I know the difference in the restaurants, but my lack of clarity is that the Celebrity video about APEX dining venues states it (Tuscan) is one of the four free MDRs, but it also says it features Italian foods (and it says Normandie has French food, and Cypress has Greek dishes).  But responses here indicated the four are all pretty much the same food.

My understanding is that each of the 4 MDRs on the E class ships has a "theme" to them and each has a special of the day around that theme.  However, you can order the food from any of the 4 at any of the MDRs, so it doesn't really matter if you eat in Tuscan or one of the others.  

This is unlike Tuscan Grille on a S or M class ship, where you can only get the food from that specialty restaurant by eating there.   On Apex, you can eat at Normandie and still get the food from Tuscan MDR.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, saffy12 said:

My understanding is that each of the 4 MDRs on the E class ships has a "theme" to them and each has a special of the day around that theme.  However, you can order the food from any of the 4 at any of the MDRs, so it doesn't really matter if you eat in Tuscan or one of the others.  

This is unlike Tuscan Grille on a S or M class ship, where you can only get the food from that specialty restaurant by eating there.   On Apex, you can eat at Normandie and still get the food from Tuscan MDR.

That makes sense....thank you!

47 minutes ago, saffy12 said:

My understanding is that each of the 4 MDRs on the E class ships has a "theme" to them and each has a special of the day around that theme.

The have a theme but the unique specials to the individual MDR stay the same every day.  Like mentioned does not matter which MDR you eat at as you can order the "special" from any of the other MDR.  so if you eat in the MDR Normandie you can order the "special " from MDR Tuscan.  

• Like 1