Does Playmakers have a purchase minimum during NFL games?

17 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Oasis has tvs all along the outside with tables in front of almost every one. Same on the inside..the booths don't have a great view but the tables right in the middle to the left of the bar have great sight lines

Thanks for the info! We board Oasis on Sunday, want to go to Playmakers and watch the early games!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

Thanks for the info! We board Oasis on Sunday, want to go to Playmakers and watch the early games!

Awesome..hopefully the picture helps you get an idea...but the place is huge. For a Sunday game there will be lots of people watching from the outside area, it's a lot of fun if you find some fans to cheer with

• Like 1

We'll be watching NFL at Playmakers on the Mariner for the next 2 weeks. Great service, staff and food! What really irks the waiters is when people go over to Sorrentos and get their free pizza and drinks, then bring them over to Playmakers to eat, drink and watch the games, and never order anything from Playmakers - very, very rude! We'll have the Dx drink package and make good use of it in there, as well as order their tasty wings, onion rings tower, and maybe a delicious dessert! The prices in there are not bad at all in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing our favorite waiter, Ryan, in there tomorrow!! Cheers!

• Like 3

If me and three geezers chose to sit at Playmakers during the game, and play pinochle while sipping from our Yeti cups, what of it?  I see no difference in occupying a Playmakers chair or a Solarium chair.  If the rest of the pinochle gang is otherwise occupied by wife or grandkid duty, I'll give up the card table, and do crosswords at the bar.  So I just happened to be sitting in one of the best seats on the boat for watching the game, how is that different from any other chair hog, except that I happen to be sitting in it rather than holding it with a pool towel and a paperback.

... and yes, when we're hungry we will definitely walk over for free pizza, one of us will remain at the table with the Yeti cups and face-down hands.  No it doesn't "irk" the servers.  They get paid no matter what, and they also get part of the pre-paid "gratuities" - we've already tipped the waiters before we ever got on the boat.  Think of all the pool attendants not serving drinks to the loungers occupied by pool towels.  If that bothered them, they would be much more proactive about clearing the chairs.  At least we will be sitting in ours.

Edited by gmerick

On 10/20/2023 at 6:24 PM, gmerick said:

If me and three geezers chose to sit at Playmakers during the game, and play pinochle while sipping from our Yeti cups, what of it?  I see no difference in occupying a Playmakers chair or a Solarium chair.  If the rest of the pinochle gang is otherwise occupied by wife or grandkid duty, I'll give up the card table, and do crosswords at the bar.  So I just happened to be sitting in one of the best seats on the boat for watching the game, how is that different from any other chair hog, except that I happen to be sitting in it rather than holding it with a pool towel and a paperback.

... and yes, when we're hungry we will definitely walk over for free pizza, one of us will remain at the table with the Yeti cups and face-down hands.  No it doesn't "irk" the servers.  They get paid no matter what, and they also get part of the pre-paid "gratuities" - we've already tipped the waiters before we ever got on the boat.  Think of all the pool attendants not serving drinks to the loungers occupied by pool towels.  If that bothered them, they would be much more proactive about clearing the chairs.  At least we will be sitting in ours.

The bartenders make more money on the more alcoholic drinks they serve. If you are gonna sit at table in a "specialty" restaurant, then you should at least order the drinks from there. I'm sure they don't mind you bringing pizza or whatever in.....but they absolutely expect you to order SOMETHING from them, whether it's a soda or an order of fries. 

Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

The bartenders make more money on the more alcoholic drinks they serve. If you are gonna sit at table in a "specialty" restaurant, then you should at least order the drinks from there. I'm sure they don't mind you bringing pizza or whatever in.....but they absolutely expect you to order SOMETHING from them, whether it's a soda or an order of fries. 

You said that much nicer than I did! ☺️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/18/2023 at 8:09 AM, welshrich said:

I'll probably get flamed for it but I wish they would introduce a cover charge during peak times, it's frustrating when you want to have a drink and watch some entertainment and virtually every seat is taken with no one drinking.  

I'm kinda surprised Royal hasn't instituted a package deal when major games are on like they do for New Years Eve. Get a table in Playmakers for the duration of the event with so much Playmakers credit and a pitcher of beer or soda for for X dollars.

I don't understand the need/want to sit somewhere just for the sake of sitting there when there are other venues much more conducive to it.  It just makes you sound rude.  

I don't care either way about being near the pool so I don't camp out in a lounger near the pool.  I can find a lounger in all kinds of other parts of the ship and leave the pool loungers to those who want to sit close to the pool.  I could sit there and it is my right to sit there should I choose too but because I try to be a decent considerate person, I don't because I know someone else will enjoy it more than I.  

Sitting in Playmakers playing cards when a big football game is on is no different.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Rackham said:

I'm kinda surprised Royal hasn't instituted a package deal when major games are on like they do for New Years Eve. Get a table in Playmakers for the duration of the event with so much Playmakers credit and a pitcher of beer or soda for for X dollars.

Playmakers Rents out a private room for games

10 hours ago, trihawks1 said:

Just wondered if anyone has been able to stream a football game while on the ship?  We will have Voom & Stream package on Symphony in December.  Hubby wants to watch the games lol….

Yep! when we were at Playmakers watching Baseball playoffs a few weeks ago, multiple tables were streaming college football games with no problem. The same would be true with NFL games... the wifi works great in most of the ship areas. 

On 10/24/2023 at 12:34 PM, Rackham said:

They did something similar for the Super Bowl on Wonder this year. We reserved a table for $100 if my memory is correct.