Formal nights

West Windsor girl

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

With Windjammer out of the picture for so long, it opens the door for Crystal to grab the branding, Crystal Barefoot Cruises.  😄 

I can already see the ad campaign(well, they are trying to attract a younger demographic):

• Haha 1

If anyone remembers the TV show "Moonlighting" with Cybil Shephard - she had terrible foot issues and always wore Reeboks, no matter where or with what. And today, fancy sneakers are "it" for brides. There are many more fashion issues to worry about than someone's shoes! 

• Like 2

Well full disclosure. When I hurt my ankle in August playing Paddle Tennis for three days during the daytime I wore Crystal Slippers a few times around the ship when the pain was too tough to take with sports shoes or regular shoes on. But.........Not at night.  🤣  But it was sure tempting. 

Txcotn I wear a size 12 and just thought that was average but I decide to google it and evidently 10.5 is the average men's shoes size.  If not for this discussion including learning about Dwight's shoe size I would never have learned something new.  

For those of you who remember basketball star Bob Lanier back in our day that was the largest size of any basketball player at the time. He wore a 22. That means one foot is larger than two feet combined for the average person.  

Keith

• Like 1

We were on a family cruise (not Crystal), and I mistakenly forgot to pack my husband's dress shoes (left on a shelf in his closet).  Thankfully, one of my nephews was also on the cruise and had a pair of black sneakers which fit my DH.  No one other than family members (of course!) called attention to his footwear.

Phyllis

• Like 2

Many years ago I got distracted while packing to leave the ship the following morning and when I was getting dressed I discovered I had packed my shoes! Thank goodness for the spa slippers in the closet! I toddled off the ship and all the way through the terminal in Athens and was able to retrieve a pair of shoes from my suitcase before flight check-in. But thank goodness for those way too big spa slippers!

As we all know, dress codes usually cause considerable angst on these boards. The reality is, the upcoming generations (who are the future customers) have rarely  worn suits, ties, etc.

Years ago when I was a resident, we had to wear a tie, appropriate shoes, etc.  As I am still involved at an academic medical institution, when I interact with residents and fellows,  I am sure any day now one will be wearing pajama bottoms like you see people frequently wearing in public.  I have not seen a tie in years. 

Additionally, to put the new generation mindset into focus, I was in a meeting recently in which I asked a resident to research something and she indicated that she would get back to me.  Kidding around I said, please don’t call me collect.  I received this blank look (all were MDs or MDs/PhDs) and realized that not one person had any idea what that meant.

Personally, dress codes have never been a big issue to me, but I do think we need to tamper down our expectations.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Txcotn said:

Many years ago I got distracted while packing to leave the ship the following morning and when I was getting dressed I discovered I had packed my shoes! Thank goodness for the spa slippers in the closet! I toddled off the ship and all the way through the terminal in Athens and was able to retrieve a pair of shoes from my suitcase before flight check-in. But thank goodness for those way too big spa slippers!

when we got off Serenity in 2018 someone was in a similar boat as you as they were debarking the ship in Lisbon wearing slippers.  I suppose there have been instances where someone got off in a bathrobe. 

Keith

I remember a long time ago my parents returned from a Transatlantic Cruise and he walked off the ship in his tuxedo.  Apparently (although he never really explained it), he had packed all of his clothes except what he was wearing the night before.

Phyllis 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, howiefrommd said:

As we all know, dress codes usually cause considerable angst on these boards. The reality is, the upcoming generations (who are the future customers) have rarely  worn suits, ties, etc.

Years ago when I was a resident, we had to wear a tie, appropriate shoes, etc.  As I am still involved at an academic medical institution, when I interact with residents and fellows,  I am sure any day now one will be wearing pajama bottoms like you see people frequently wearing in public.  I have not seen a tie in years. 

Additionally, to put the new generation mindset into focus, I was in a meeting recently in which I asked a resident to research something and she indicated that she would get back to me.  Kidding around I said, please don’t call me collect.  I received this blank look (all were MDs or MDs/PhDs) and realized that not one person had any idea what that meant.

Personally, dress codes have never been a big issue to me, but I do think we need to tamper down our expectations.

I think I’ve said it before, but I’d love to hear you and Mr B swapping stories. I think I’ll ask him to choose over or under for how soon she gets back to you. Is 48 hours a good figure to use?

Btw, how long ago did they stop wearing socks?

• Like 1