Summit January 2025 Itineraries Vanish

blackfly

I saw earlier that in Jan 2025 the Summit offered a 10 day cruise to the ABC Islands from San Juan.  Now on the Celebrity Website the month of January for the Summit is blank.  Anyone know what is going on with the Summit.

1 hour ago, tnm6217 said:

It’s most definitely chartered.  Nothing new here, these charters have been happening for years and years now in January and February on either Mille or Summit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the ship was supposed to homeport in San Juan and now is going to be doing some charters from FLL, there will have to be some sort of repositioning cruises in the mix somewhere.  Probably what they are trying to figure out. Could maybe involve maintenance dry dock, too, if it's about time. 

Edited by bEwAbG

Our interest in the Summit was that they offered a10 day cruise from San Juan to the ABC Islands with stops at three additional southern Caribbean Islands.  The cruises to the ABC’s from Ft. Lauderdale are basically there and back with three or four at sea days.  That’s still an option.

23 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It’s most definitely chartered.  Nothing new here, these charters have been happening for years and years now in January and February on either Mille or Summit. 

Totally agree with you Cruise Gopher!  That's been our experience.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:04 AM, blackfly said:

I saw earlier that in Jan 2025 the Summit offered a 10 day cruise to the ABC Islands from San Juan.  Now on the Celebrity Website the month of January for the Summit is blank.  Anyone know what is going on with the Summit.

There was a 10 day cruise on January 29th, we were booked on it at a GREAT rate right when it came out, BUT Celebrity cancelled it and offered nothing to replace it nor any price protection on a new cruise so we booked with Princess.  Summit will now go out of FLL and has charters.  They moved around  a few different ships all starting January 2025, so lots of sailings cancelled and changed.

• Like 1

My comment is only tangentially related to this topic, but I like to plan ahead.  We fly to Europe on miles, so planning far in advance is a prerequisite for us.  I am making a list of options for our 2025 travel plans.  My searches provide plenty of choices across various cruise lines except Celebrity.  I guess Celebrity is not too concerned about losing out on all of this business in 2025 while they get their act together releasing their schedules.  I get it that they want all of this charter biz, but come on.

26 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

My comment is only tangentially related to this topic, but I like to plan ahead.  We fly to Europe on miles, so planning far in advance is a prerequisite for us.  I am making a list of options for our 2025 travel plans.  My searches provide plenty of choices across various cruise lines except Celebrity.  I guess Celebrity is not too concerned about losing out on all of this business in 2025 while they get their act together releasing their schedules.  I get it that they want all of this charter biz, but come on.

With regards to release of 2025 itineraries, there is another thread taking about recent layoffs and changes with CVP's and I wonder if maybe the delay in 2025 itineraries (compared to other lines) is to allow those changes to settle out before a rash of new bookings?

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this as I'm on the December 28 sailing that is now showing as Sold Out on the Celerity web site.  There was lots of availability, and I'm still seeing that on third party sites.  Does anyone have firm information on what the ship will be doing during December and January?

I'd like to stay ahead of things and move to another sailing if this one will be cancelled.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:05 AM, Stem to Stern said:

Interesting ... we fly Delta and there are no flight options available after October 2024. Do other airlines release flights more than a year out? 

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

Interesting ... we fly Delta and there are no flight options available after October 2024. Do other airlines release flights more than a year out? 

Of course not.  Maybe I should clarify the point of my post.  My intentions are to get 2025 cruises booked.  Not 2025 airfare.  Sorry if that was not clear.

17 hours ago, hcat said:

GOOD REMINDER NOT TO BOOK THESE SHIPS IN JAN AND FEB!

sometimes X strings cruisers along until the Charters are finalized .  had  that bad experience more than once!

Agree! I had this happen to me three times! And it can take months and months for the charter to get finalized before Celebrity sends out the dreaded “your sailing has been canceled” letter. 

10 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Agree! I had this happen to me three times! And it can take months and months for the charter to get finalized before Celebrity sends out the dreaded “your sailing has been canceled” letter. 

Was this on M-class ships in Jan and Feb?

first was waaay back..our first X cruise was booked on Summit.. was cancelled for Charter.  We ended up.on MERCURY..our fav ship ever!  do not recall the month.  Was a carib itin.

Another one was when "Salesforce" chartered  our ship ..probaby  M class?  to use as a Convention hotel..west coast..do not recall the month.

another was when X re-did their entire lineup.. twisted a long time with that one  . we  cancelled and rebooked.  M clsss Inf ??

all a long time ago and we try to avoid what sniffs out as iffy!  

partial charters can also be bad..not much one can do and not all groups are  awful!

Just now, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes, and we had the penthouse reserved. Happen on Mille one year and Summit the next year. 

Ouch!  Thanks for the information Cruise Gopher!  DH and I will keep the information gained from you and  this thread as we book future cruises in Jan or Feb.