air conditioning on the constellation iin December

Edenmore

we will sail iin the Caribbean in early December for the first time. I know the weather inn port is warm but do wonder how cool folks have found the ship when sailing and in the evenings in port. I live in Florida and feel cold when others do not. I will have a sweater and a shawl for evenings but wonder about clothing.

I've never been cold in the public area of the ship but as others say, pack for a layered look and if chilly put on a long sleeve or sweater.  

I have however had a problem in a number of Suites and had to call to have maintenance adjust.  One time the AC was stuck on low in the Bedroom and was down in the 60's.   They found a breaker in the thermostat had tripped and was fixed in minutes.

Just now, mrgabriel said:

Bring your coverup. 

We lived in Florida for a decade and I became acclimated to the warmer temperatures. I always needed something to cover my shoulders. 

Thank you, that is my plan, I will always have a sweater but do wonder about pants and shoes. Will be inn sneakers often but wonder if ship to cool for sandals. the Connie is an older ship but might still have strong AC

• Like 1

Unless you are trying to pack light, like with carry-on only, I would be prepared with sneakers and sandals, long pants and shorts or cropped pants.   It certainly affects my enjoyment of the cruise if I am consistently either chilly or too warm on board.   And unlike as on a land vacation, you can't count on being able to buy appropriate clothing if you didn't pack it.   

Years ago, the Galaxy was quite warm when the A/C apparently couldn't keep up with the mid-summer Mediterranean heat.   On the other hand, the Summit was chilly while out in the open Atlantic on a spring repositioning cruise from San Juan to New York.  I had never been cold on a Caribbean cruise, but on that cruise I, and many others, bought a sweatshirt on board.  Now I pack for some temperature variations!

We sailed her twice and found the interior temperature comfortable.  DH likes long sleeve shirts at dinner and in the theater but I am fine in a short sleeve top/dress.  Plenty of women in sleeveless tops inside as well.  I do carry a pashmina for evenings but rarely out it on.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have however had a problem in a number of Suites and had to call to have maintenance adjust.  One time the AC was stuck on low in the Bedroom and was down in the 60's.   

That would nirvana for my DW and myself. 

• Like 1

I'm on Eclipse now in the California coastal area and IMHO the ship has been very cold all cruise. In the Caribbean I usually bring a light sweater as I tend to get cold easier as I get older. For comparison,  in Florida I am often in shorts while locals are wearing down jackets so keep that difference in mind. 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Edenmore said:

Thank you, that is my plan, I will always have a sweater but do wonder about pants and shoes. Will be inn sneakers often but wonder if ship to cool for sandals. the Connie is an older ship but might still have strong AC

More than once we had really cold weather saying out of south Florida and I was glad to have jeans and a light jacket. Now I always pack a pair of yoga pants and some sort of jacket or sweatshirt, even for days when I get a chill after being in the sun too long. They're always worn ... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've never been cold in the public area of the ship but as others say, pack for a layered look and if chilly put on a long sleeve or sweater.  

I have however had a problem in a number of Suites and had to call to have maintenance adjust.  One time the AC was stuck on low in the Bedroom and was down in the 60's.   They found a breaker in the thermostat had tripped and was fixed in minutes.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our suite always seems cold to me, with the rest of the ship being a "bit warmer".  DH would like it cooler in the public areas.  So I pack a shrug or cardigan/long sleeved top, as well as a travel blanket if laying on sofa reading.  (DH says with the way I am always cold, I'll probably live to 120!🤣)