Fantasy Formal Nights

BcIcemen

2 hours ago, BcIcemen said:

Are there any formal nights or themed night dinners on the seven day Fantasy sailings?

Usually a formal night the first sea day and a semi-formal at the end.  At least that's been my experience.

Pirate night.  Also, depending on you cruise, there could be Star Wars, Marvel, or some other themed events.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, formal nights are pretty much a thing of the past industry wide. Maybe some of the nicer, older clientele lines like Holland America, Celebrity and Princess enforce formal nights better, but more family oriented lines like DCL, Royal and Carnival, while having dress codes, don't enforce them at all. You are lucky to see people wearing jeans on formal nights, never mind suits or tuxes or gowns. On Oasis back in September, I felt like the only people wearing a suit was me (I'm 38 and miss the days when cruise lines had class and dignity) and men in their 70's. That was the last time I will bring a suit on a cruise. 

DCL has even dropped the formal attire required in the adult only restaurants and only recommends it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 3:07 PM, mz-s said:

Disney doesn't really have formal nights. They have dress up optional nights. As far as I am aware they don't have a dress code other than basic stuff like no bathing suits indoors.

There is still formal nights and semiformal nights on the longer cruises, they are just much less enforced than some cruise lines.