Tote bags

NYC-London

Really, looks they totally copied the best tote -  Longchamp.  I will use my real ones with the leather straps, they are a bit classier!  

The gold thing was a bit much,  sounds like I should put that up on EBay!  I will let you know when I do that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NYC-London said:

I agree, it looks like it has a zipper and can be easily folded into itself - if so, it is a keeper!

It can be folded mostly into itself.  I think this is how it was when we first got onboard.  Zipper across the top,  however no zippered pocket inside.    

IMG_1317.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

Really, looks they totally copied the best tote -  Longchamp.  I will use my real ones with the leather straps, they are a bit classier!  

The gold thing was a bit much,  sounds like I should put that up on EBay!  I will let you know when I do that! 

I totally agree - my real Longchamp is MUCH nicer, but there are occasions where one does not want to use the "good stuff" and from the looks, this one looks like it might just fit the bill. You are also from NJ where stores are no longer allowed to provide bags - it looks like this will fit onto the compartment on my car door which I can just grab when I run into Kings (a local supermarket) for a few items.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

So far, that is correct.  But then again, after so many cruises, how many totes does one really need...  🤣

Actually, they come in handy at Christmas when I give them out and tell the recipient I spent a fortune on their gift. 

• Haha 3

If cruise lines were smart, they would give every passenger a nice tote bag with the cruise line name on it.  It’s a great advertisement. Many years ago, I went on Holland America once. Got a nice canvas tote. That tote was carried by me around the world.  When it wore out, I carried another cruise’s tote.  Recently, no totes were supposedly due to supply problems. It may be true. It may also be a way to save money.  Don’t expect the tote.  Bring your own tote.  I prefer bringing a tote from another cruise line. If everyone did it, those guys who didn’t give you the tote might get the message. If you see me with a Windstar tote, you’ll get the message. By the way, I have sailed on Windstar 11 times. Got a new tote on every cruise. 

Edited by Redtravel
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Redtravel said:

If cruise lines were smart, they would give every passenger a nice tote bag with the cruise line name on it.  It’s a great advertisement. Many years ago, I went on Holland America once. Got a nice canvas tote. That tote was carried by me around the world.  When it wore out, I carried another cruise’s tote.  Recently, no totes were supposedly due to supply problems. It may be true. It may also be a way to save money.  Don’t expect the tote.  Bring your own tote.  I prefer bringing a tote from another cruise line. If everyone did it, those guys who didn’t give you the tote might get the message. If you see me with a Windstar tote, you’ll get the message. By the way, I have sailed on Windstar 11 times. Got a new tote on every cruise. 

I don’t really care about the free tote, but I like your style. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

I don’t really care about the free tote, but I like your style. 

Thanks.  The tote isn’t the issue. When you advertise that you get something, do it.  On our last Oceania cruise, we went to a higher loyalty level.  One day during the cruise, we got a letter congratulating us. In the letter, it said that we would get some gifts.  One of the gifts listed , a cap, wasn’t there. We went to see the loyalty rep.  She gave us another letter that said something about supply issues.  Asked if we would get it latter in the trip. Her answer was no. Our response was, “what?” She said that there were no caps.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Thanks.  The tote isn’t the issue. When you advertise that you get something, do it.  On our last Oceania cruise, we went to a higher loyalty level.  One day during the cruise, we got a letter congratulating us. In the letter, it said that we would get some gifts.  One of the gifts listed , a cap, wasn’t there. We went to see the loyalty rep.  She gave us another letter that said something about supply issues.  Asked if we would get it latter in the trip. Her answer was no. Our response was, “what?” She said that there were no caps.  

We are on Mariner right now and got the newly designed tote. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I saw somebody walk off Grandeur today with their tote bag; why?  Can you also take your cashmere blanket or binoculars or illy coffee maker home with you?

Totebags are MEANT to be taken with you.  Would you want to get a bag in your suite that's already been used and might have some detritus in it ? Not me!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Totebags are MEANT to be taken with you.  Would you want to get a bag in your suite that's already been used and might have some detritus in it ? Not me!

Exactly. If I am not going to take my tote bag I would not use it and give it to my stewardess so it can be recycled. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Yes..meant to be taken. Also, good advertising. 

• Like 1