Tote bags

NYC-London

At one time the description of the suites stated that concierge and above suites received a tote bag - I am not seeing that anymore.

For those that are either currently sailing or have sailed very recently, are tote bags still being provided? I always found them useful to taking items to the pool.

It always seemed very petty to me that only concierge or above were entitled to receive a tote bag - for an item that could not cost more than a couple of dollars - seriously, for a company trying to portray a six star, uber luxury experience, not providing a tote bag for all suite categories, which in reality is nothing more than free advertising for the company seems very short-sighted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NYC-London said:

At one time the description of the suites stated that concierge and above suites received a tote bag - I am not seeing that anymore.

For those that are either currently sailing or have sailed very recently, are tote bags still being provided? I always found them useful to taking items to the pool.

It always seemed very petty to me that only concierge or above were entitled to receive a tote bag - for an item that could not cost more than a couple of dollars - seriously, for a company trying to portray a six star, uber luxury experience, not providing a tote bag for all suite categories, which in reality is nothing more than free advertising for the company seems very short-sighted.

They were available on our recently-completed Explorer voyage.  As you said, concierge & above.  Concierge and above also has an in-suite coffee/espresso maker which I would LOVE to have in just the Deluxe Suite.  But I guess they have to differentiate categories with different amenities.

Frankly, I prefer to bring my own bag which is a bit smaller and has an outside water bottle pocket.  Convenient for taking off the ship on shore excursions and hold everything we need.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NYC-London said:

Yes on our recent Mariner cruise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

They were available on our recently-completed Explorer voyage.  As you said, concierge & above.  Concierge and above also has an in-suite coffee/espresso maker which I would LOVE to have in just the Deluxe Suite.  But I guess they have to differentiate categories with different amenities.

Frankly, I prefer to bring my own bag which is a bit smaller and has an outside water bottle pocket.  Convenient for taking off the ship on shore excursions and hold everything we need.

I TOTALLY agree! EVERYONE likes some "MERCH" LOL  I just received our luggage tags and I better be careful not to get caught in the rain LOL, so flimsy they will disincarnate. I guess gone are the days of Document books and beautiful luggage tags!

1 minute ago, seasidemn said:

I TOTALLY agree! EVERYONE likes some "MERCH" LOL  I just received our luggage tags and I better be careful not to get caught in the rain LOL, so flimsy they will disincarnate. I guess gone are the days of Document books and beautiful luggage tags!

Hey, if you like MERCH....join the onboard activities to earn Regent Reward Points to exchange for "Regent Merch" at the end of your voyage!  Check out PASSAGES every day for activities.

• Like 1

Just now, Kwaj girl said:

Hey, if you like MERCH....join the onboard activities to earn Regent Reward Points to exchange for "Regent Merch" at the end of your voyage!  Check out PASSAGES every day for activities.

Can I do that online or wait on board? Just starting to dig into the Cruise so thanks!

Just now, seasidemn said:

Can I do that online or wait on board? Just starting to dig into the Cruise so thanks!

You can earn the RRPs by participating in various activities onboard.  No advance sign-ups needed.  Includes events such as the daily Trivia and other organized games such as shuffleboard, Baggo, Top Toss, skittles, Roll-a-Ball, golf putting, CrazyGolf.....lots of fun things to get to know your fellow cruisers.  I join every voyage and have earned MANY polo shirts, baggage straps, visors, caps....all Regent logo items.  But these are NOT available in the onboard shops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

Pleeease, no more tote bags!!!

We’ll need a bigger house!

Just bring your own (or the one you received on your last cruise) and leave the new/unused one hanging up in the closet for the next guest.  That's what we do.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Just bring your own (or the one you received on your last cruise) and leave the new/unused one hanging up in the closet for the next guest.  That's what we do.

We haven’t brought one home from the past several cruises. Our favorite one that we use every cruise is from AMA Waterways, with a nice zipper and an inside zip pocket. Not too large and it can even convert into a backpack. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

What a great idea! I have only been on Crystal so no one wants  those  totes lol

I love your idea and I will do it! God knows no one needs another tote bag but..🤣

12 hours ago, marycruz said:

Yes on our recent Mariner cruise.

Yes! I was in a lowly suite on Mariner and got a tote! Has place of pride in my WIC!

Oops! Strike that! I went to take a pic of my lovely tote and saw the “Oceania” logo! Must’ve been from my recent Sirena PH! (Sheepish grin!) Ooops.

Edited by PhD-iva
CORRECTION
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2023 at 11:15 AM, seasidemn said:

You get the nice tag at SSS levels and the much nicer tags at Platinum and above.

On 10/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, NYC-London said:

seriously, for a company trying to portray a six star, uber luxury experience, not providing a tote bag for all suite categories, which in reality is nothing more than free advertising for the company seems very short-sighted.

When I was a kid my family was relocating from Germany back to the states per Army transfer. A stewardess gave me a set of Pan Am wings to wear on my shirt. When I showed up on the next flight (non Pan Am) the new flight attendant saw my wings and offered me a different pair to represent the new airline (can’t remember which). Perhaps I will bring my Celebrity tote bag since our category isn’t eligible for the Regent tote…worked when I was a kid!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

When I was a kid my family was relocating from Germany back to the states per Army transfer. A stewardess gave me a set of Pan Am wings to wear on my shirt. When I showed up on the next flight (non Pan Am) the new flight attendant saw my wings and offered me a different pair to represent the new airline (can’t remember which). Perhaps I will bring my Celebrity tote bag since our category isn’t eligible for the Regent tote…worked when I was a kid!  🙂

Great idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

HaHa! I use my cheapie celebrity tote bag to carry groceries in.

• Like 1

On our April Voyager cruise, there was a LARGE gold Regent tote in our cabin. I hesitated taking it home because of its size. Glad I did! I carried it all around our recent QM2 25 day cruise.  It hauled my watercolor supplies, books, room key, phone, water bottle, and other tschocke.  Who knew??? It was perfect!  I don't know if I need a second one though...