Enchanted Princess 4/20, hopefully you can help

mistyPA

Wondering if anyone has some info...

We have a row of balconies and wonder if the partitions in between balconies can be removed or opened? We did this a few years ago on the Caribbean Princess and it was nice.

We would like to book Sanctuary on sailing days, my understanding is this is done on a first come first save basis as soon as you board, can anyone confirm? We sailed NCL this year and thought that was the case but later found out we could have done it prior to sailing so just want to confirm.

How is the music in Take Five? We enjoy jazz and would like to try and just wondering if anyone can comment.

Does anyone know if you can get a coffee maker in your room?

Was told by Costco travel agent that casual dining includes poolside pizza and grill, I think this is incorrect? We are Princess plus and understand this now includes 2 casual dining meals. I would think this pertains to Gigi, Alfredo's, O'Malley's etc. I have read this, but would like to confirm with people who have experienced this.

Any help with any of the above would be appreciated!

Thanks so much and so looking forward to this cruise!!

As far as opening the balcony partitions, ask your cabin steward.  It may be possible.

If you want to book the Sanctuary it must be done onboard as soon as you embark.  Run, don’t walk.  It’s anybody’s guess if you’ll be successful, as it’s hit and miss.  Sea days go first, of course.

You cannot get, nor can you take yourself, a coffee machine for your cabin.

You are correct regarding casual dining with the plus package.  

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

As far as opening the balcony partitions, ask your cabin steward.  It may be possible.

If you want to book the Sanctuary it must be done onboard as soon as you embark.  Run, don’t walk.  It’s anybody’s guess if you’ll be successful, as it’s hit and miss.  Sea days go first, of course.

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

Thank you so much. Do you go to the sanctuary to book?

Yes the partitions open. But every once in a while there is a solid wall. Cabin numbers would help us determine that for you.

You can not book the Sanctuary ahead of time. As soon as you board, you go directly there. There will already be a line. And anyone doing a back to back from the previous cruise will already have booked it. The Royal class ships have a much smaller Sanctuary so I wouldn’t get my hopes up. They are usually sold out even by the time Elites get onboard. But try anyway. 

We always sit in Take 5 each night. Some bands are better than others. 

No coffee machine allowed. 

Yes, pizza and burgers are free. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

10 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

Wondering if anyone has some info...

We have a row of balconies and wonder if the partitions in between balconies can be removed or opened? We did this a few years ago on the Caribbean Princess and it was nice.

We would like to book Sanctuary on sailing days, my understanding is this is done on a first come first save basis as soon as you board, can anyone confirm? We sailed NCL this year and thought that was the case but later found out we could have done it prior to sailing so just want to confirm.

How is the music in Take Five? We enjoy jazz and would like to try and just wondering if anyone can comment.

Does anyone know if you can get a coffee maker in your room?

Was told by Costco travel agent that casual dining includes poolside pizza and grill, I think this is incorrect? We are Princess plus and understand this now includes 2 casual dining meals. I would think this pertains to Gigi, Alfredo's, O'Malley's etc. I have read this, but would like to confirm with people who have experienced this.

1. Balcony partitions can usually be opened by your cabin steward if the cabins are not separated by a fire door.

2. the Sanctuary can only be booked onboard

3. I really enjoy Take 5, it’s my favorite spot in the evening 

4. Coffee makers are not available or allowed 

5. You are correct about the casual dining, the pool grill and pizza place are free for everyone 

Hope you have a great cruise!

Ah, I forget we are Elite so we will board sooner. 

One more question...can you book Sanctuary for another cabin or just your cabin? I would imagine just my cabin, but one can be hopeful.

35 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Yes the partitions open. But every once in a while there is a solid wall. Cabin numbers would help us determine that for you.

You can not book the Sanctuary ahead of time. As soon as you board, you go directly there. There will already be a line. And anyone doing a back to back from the previous cruise will already have booked it. The Royal class ships have a much smaller Sanctuary so I wouldn’t get my hopes up. They are usually sold out even by the time Elites get onboard. But try anyway. 

We always sit in Take 5 each night. Some bands are better than others. 

No coffee machine allowed. 

Yes, pizza and burgers are free. 

Hi Red Sox cruiser 

We are Elite, so perhaps this will be helpful

We are from New Bedford and are Sox, Celts, Bruins and Pats fans. 

Thanks for the information.

33 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

1. Balcony partitions can usually be opened by your cabin steward if the cabins are not separated by a fire door.

2. the Sanctuary can only be booked onboard

3. I really enjoy Take 5, it’s my favorite spot in the evening 

4. Coffee makers are not available or allowed 

5. You are correct about the casual dining, the pool grill and pizza place are free for everyone 

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for the info and we hope to have a fabulous cruise.

We have cruised more than 20 times and 7 different cruise lines, Princess is our favorite, so we are hopeful they will continue to serve as well as they have in the past!

37 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

One more question...can you book Sanctuary for another cabin or just your cabin? I would imagine just my cabin, but one can be hopeful.

In the olden days of key cards you could as long as you had their card. Not sure with the medallion anymore. My guess is no. 

(all around Boston teams supporter. Not just the Sox.  Live in JP in Boston.)

58 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

Yes, you can.  We have done it many times.  The charge will go on the other's account, all you need is their cabin number.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mistyPA said:

You won't board sooner unless you are at the terminal early enough to be checked in and waiting for boarding to commence.  Even then, you may not be among the very first or "front of the line", depending on when you arrived for check-in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 12:07 AM, Steelers36 said:

You won't board sooner unless you are at the terminal early enough to be checked in and waiting for boarding to commence.  Even then, you may not be among the very first or "front of the line", depending on when you arrived for check-in.

Yes, that's a given. The plan is to be there early as we will be spending the night in Ft. Lauderdale. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 10:18 PM, mtnesterz said:

And if you haven't done so already, do join us in the Roll Call, it's been kind of quiet there.

Yes, I started the roll call and have noticed it has been quiet!

49 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

Yes, I started the roll call and have noticed it has been quiet!

I think most of the shorter Caribbean jaunts don't attract much participation as many posters here have "been there, done that" and aren't looking to organize tours and such like you will have in Europe and similar distant locales.  Just a guess.  Although I did participate some many years back when Caribbean was new to us and I was looking for tours on some islands.  But perhaps I used the ports forum for that (don't recall).