Equinox dry dock

Cruiscs

Just now, CruisematicVA said:

Got it - so we won't know anything until it is finished...fair!

Appreciate the reply even if it's just to tell me that - at least I'm following now to hopefully see a proper response later in May!

Sometimes on the other social media site , your get post from people working on the ship and on Celebrity’s page they will also post pictures of what’s happening 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Sometimes on the other social media site , your get post from people working on the ship and on Celebrity’s page they will also post pictures of what’s happening 

Thanks - I'll see if I can find some groups related to the Equinox where they may share pictures like that.

I appreciate the reply!

Interesting ---- from the posted link -

Ship: Celebrity Infinity

Dates: Winter 2024

Details: Celebrity Infinity’s drydock will include a bit of a facelift, with new soft goods (usually includes things like carpeting, upholstery, and linens). Suites will have Jacuzzis replaced and the galleys will get new equipment.

Saw a post on FB ---  She got an Upgrade from Michael's to Retreat -  Done during her 2 week dry dock.

424627800_10227437262770421_4836603612947499530_n.thumb.jpg.91e29da67de61c74d607024a19857d09.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Details: Celebrity Infinity’s drydock will include a bit of a facelift, with new soft goods (usually includes things like carpeting, upholstery, and linens). Suites will have Jacuzzis replaced and the galleys will get new equipment.

Saw a post on FB ---  She got an Upgrade from Michael's to Retreat -  Done during her 2 week dry dock.

424627800_10227437262770421_4836603612947499530_n.thumb.jpg.91e29da67de61c74d607024a19857d09.jpg

Oh that's really nice. Do you know if they made any updates to the sundeck? Any retreat specific areas? What about any changes to specialty dining?

We were just on Equinox and the only thing I saw that needed attention were the many public area Windows that had condensation between the inner and outer glass. Mostly in the Sky Lounge.

We just got off the Equinox two weeks ago. While onboard, the maintenance crew was scraping and repainting the balconies. (Guest services sent each cabin that was to be serviced a notice the night before and indicated if you did NOT want that done you needed to contact them prior to the assigned day.  Ours came while we were in bed, and we a very limited time to deny the request 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2024 at 9:24 PM, D. B. said:

We were just on Equinox and the only thing I saw that needed attention were the many public area Windows that had condensation between the inner and outer glass. Mostly in the Sky Lounge.

Hopefully that will be included in this dry dock.

On 1/30/2024 at 1:17 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I saw this FB post and was impressed.  Looking a bit less airport lounge and a bit more hotel lobby or, dare I say it, residential.  Has the design team been reading customer feedback?

Edited by Stem to Stern

37 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I saw this FB post and was impressed.  Looking a bit less airport lounge and a bit more hotel lobby or, dare I say it, residential.  Has the design team been reading customer feedback?

The real test will be to hear if they chairs and sofa's that are comfortable and utilitarian.     Hopefully they cut ties with Kelly Hoppen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

The real test will be to hear if they chairs and sofa's that are comfortable and utilitarian.     Hopefully they cut ties with Kelly Hoppen.

And hopefully the seats are made for someone over 6ft / 182 cm 😉😁

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more regarding Kelly Hoppen!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

And hopefully the seats are made for someone over 6ft / 182 cm 😉😁

I'm also 6ft and have never had a problem with height.    It's the hardness of them and things like sofa's in Retreat with legs in the front 4 inches higher than the rear.   You sit down and your legs almost go flying in the air,  let alone trying to get up out of them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm also 6ft and have never had a problem with height.    It's the hardness of them and things like sofa's in Retreat with legs in the front 4 inches higher than the rear.   You sit down and your legs almost go flying in the air,  let alone trying to get up out of them. 

After 2 knees and 2 hips replacement, anything that low is a pain 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Sorry to hear ..... I can only imagine. 

I guess you never tried Kelly's Munchkin Chairs in the retreat.    I was about the only one that could fit in one since I'm referred to as NAA (No A$$ At All).     They were a real failure -  they eventually replaced them fleet wide and moved them to Kids Camp at Sea

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear ..... I can only imagine. 

I guess you never tried Kelly's Munchkin Chairs in the retreat.    I was about the only one that could fit in one since I'm referred to as NAA (No A$$ At All).     They were a real failure -  they eventually replaced them fleet wide and moved them to Kids Camp at Sea

Some of the furniture in Eden on the Apex is a really head scratcher 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Right.  Chairs  were so uncomfortable--like much 'modern' furniture.  Looks great, sits awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

2 hips here, so understand completely.  The chairs in many of the areas of the E class ships are just terribly uncomfortable and many of them seem to be built for young children they are so low to the ground. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

2 hips here, so understand completely.  The chairs in many of the areas of the E class ships are just terribly uncomfortable and many of them seem to be built for young children they are so low to the ground. 

As a short person, many of the chairs were so deep that if my back touched the back of the chair, my legs kind of stuck straight out, like a toddler, so uncomfortable.  Very low also.  I'm not sure just what shaped person could sit in them comfortably.

• Like 3

I’m just under 6 ft and have the same problem with many of the new chairs. Last cruise on Equinox in PH I couldn’t sit on the balcony without bringing cushions from the living room sofa outside to support my back. 
I asked our butler to try sitting in one of those chairs as he was about my size. At first he was convinced there were cushions missing from the back. Then he just said “Well,, no one has complained about them” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlo said:

I’m just under 6 ft and have the same problem with many of the new chairs. Last cruise on Equinox in PH I couldn’t sit on the balcony without bringing cushions from the living room sofa outside to support my back. 
I asked our butler to try sitting in one of those chairs as he was about my size. At first he was convinced there were cushions missing from the back. Then he just said “Well,, no one has complained about them” 

Cushion rage 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

When you go to room selections for the Equinox and look at the Retreat suites it shows this photo on the Sundeck with a bar.

Either this is false advertising or maybe this is one of the things they'll be doing while in dry dock next month?

FB_IMG_1709666816244.thumb.jpg.fd3413635f8bb18cfdef2bac585bc198.jpg